Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Here's a pretty good FAQ/guide to Dokkan Battle from Reddit:

http://xg.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/3dkuih/dbz_dokkan_battle_ios_android_guide/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Finally drew a decent orange guy, a rare Android 17, out of the Friendship draw. Got him to 40, can't wait until tomorrow when I can get the Awakening tokens I need for him. Glad I finally have all five colors handy.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've gotten everyone on my team, except the event Goku, out of friendship draws. I don't think I've gotten anyone useful out of stone draws.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I just got back into the game after several months off and have been able to, if not a constructed team, at least assemble a group of awakened SSRs to enter the World Tournament. However, it's my first WT and I have a question. I start some of the fights (seems to be just semis and finals maybe?) not at full health; which led to me getting killed before I got a chance to move in my previous final. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Damage persists from round to round. Just have to heal up.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks. I'll have to make sure to use a healing item before my last attack, then.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

New Leaf posted:

You know you can heal on the "Map" before you encounter an enemy, right? Just hit the Item button. You can't use things like +Ki items, but Senzu Beans and other healing items work just fine.

:downs:

I did know that but somehow my brain decided it didn't work in Tournaments.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Hah, it happens.

Watch out for enemy Supers, too. They will ruin your loving day.

Haha yeah that's what happened in my first final. Before I could move an enemy Super Vegito ran up to me and did 85000 damage to me. I had 27000 of my 41000 health available. Granted I've also done enough supers to other people. Also there was a guy named Cuckarot in my qualifier group this time so that's something I suppose.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So I did the 30 stone Fusion Heroes multi-summon they advertise, and indeed got my guaranteed SR or better. I got an SR SSJ Tracksuit Gohan, and an SR Nail. Those were my only SRs. I got nobody who is even related to fusion. Boo to that, say I.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Aurora posted:

If you get any SR TEQ SSJ Gotens or SR INT SSJ Trunks - hold on to them! They can dokkan into SSJ Gotenks in the SSJ3 Gotenks Dokkanfest.

Neat! That INT Trunks is my current team captain. Do you know when that event will start?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Aurora posted:

This is gonna be months down the line at this point, depending on how much they try to catch us up to JP. We've still got Ultimate Gohan, Beerus, SSJ3 Vegeta, and Super Vegito before it gets here.

Oh, I didn't realize it was that delayed. Oh well, I don't have any of those cards you mentioned so maybe I can get them in the meantime. Also I'm kinda jealous of all of you, I have 9 tournament wins, not 80 or a billion or all your scores. Oh well, not bad for essentially a five day old account I suppose.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

The reddit guide for the event can be found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/guide/strike/supervegeta

They recommend some notable cards and teams within.

E: According to dbz.space I came in under 15k :D

https://dbz.space/tournaments/008

I'm glad the new Vegeta this event hands out is AGI, I don't actually have any AGI cards on my team at the moment because the best one I have is like an SR Zarbon that has bad stats and doesn't link with anyone. I used to use Angel Goku from that event as my AGI guy but he got Dokkaned into his Super Saiyan TEQ form. I don't think I've ever drawn a good AGI card. Speaking of drawing, when do the World Tournament rewards get sent out? I haven't gotten mine yet. Maybe it's because I was ranked around 140,000 and thus have to wait in a long line.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I want to get the Freeza from this mission because I don't have a Freeza yet at all, but he won't drop for me. I know I have a few more days, but I've run the "Last Battle" mission that the subreddit told me to farm like 8 times and not gotten a Freeza or a non-guaranteed Bardock.It's annoying.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I had some stones lying around and tried the 30 stone version of the Legendary Fathers and Sons drawing, and only two (or maybe even one, depending on how you feel about Bardock) of them were the from the advertised families. I did get some other good cards though, like third form Freeza and Android 18, I just thought it was funny how wrong the advertising was. Maybe I should use the TEQ Heroes drawing, I need some AGL villains.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The only adult Gohan I have is the STR Revival of F SSJ Tracksuit. Do you think that he will be able to upgrade to Ultimate Gohan?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No. The only three Gohans that Dokkan are PHY Power Awakened Ultimate Gohan, AGL Frontline Fighter Ultimate Gohan, and a new INT Ultimate Gohan.

Gotcha. Oh well.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I almost thought I was going to get to participate in these events. I did the Z-Hard of the first Gohan mission and (with the help of a senzu bean) barely beat Gohan! Hooray, free card! And then he went SSJ and immediately hit a Super Kamehameha for more health than I have. Oh well, at least I got some good cards out of the new drawing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've burned 4 stamina bars (granted my bars are 43 points and I'm sure yours are like 8000), and haven't got even one King Cold.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I still haven't gotten one. Does he even drop on hard or is it all a cruel joke on me?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

OK, I guess I'll give up then. I tried to run it on z-hard, but my team goes from taking about 7-10000 damage from his super to about 60000 damage, which is notable when I have 45000 health.

E: I already have a second form Frieza which is kinda like King Cold I guess.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

Why are you taking that much damage? Aren't you using awakened STR characters? You'll still eat 30k damage but 60k seems like you're not color matching.

I don't have a full team of Awakened STR chars, no. I'm using three Awakened STRs (two SSRs and an SR), an unawakened STR SSR Blueper Saiyan Vegeta, and then my two best characters who are awakened TEQs. I'm not sure why I'm taking so much either. I'm still trying to build out awakened monotype teams.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think I am, yeah. I don't know if it's just not working right for me or what because the Reddit guide says he has like 70000 health and I'll hit him with a Big Bang Attack for like 40000 and his bar will drain like 10%, while on Hard I can drop him in a single round if I get lucky. I'm not super worried about it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

That's what I was thinking, yeah. I'm just going to go back to doing the non-event missions, I'm only on like chapter 2 of those. Slap the Ginyu Force around for a while, that'll make me feel less weak.