Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

The worst part of trying to do the LR Prime Battle Goku is trying to find enough friend leads to enter the event

It ain't much but I can leave Trunks/Vegeta as friend supporter for a while if you want. Everyone's had Goku/Gohan as theirs since the Vegeta campaign started so it's not like anyone's gonna be hurting to find those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

CidGregor posted:

Yeah, they're generally higher end content so don't worry about them too much yet. Some of them are easier, particularly the one for Namek saga Gohan (the story event to get that card is currently available as well if you wanna grind for him, even if his EZA event is not available), but most of them you won't be able to do yet.

quite a few of the EZA events start out easy enough to get the first 5 or so medals with a so-so team. it's not a big improvement but even an additional 5 levels and 1 super level can make a difference.
also namek saga gohan is a surprisingly solid card, and you can still use him as a leader for a ginyu force team once you do his event.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

the_steve posted:

gently caress.
I'm on 30 of the Vegito Blue EZA, but I can't loving beat it.

Extreme STR, even the Time Traveler ones eat a minimum of 50k off of a normal attack, and forget about the non Travelers. I'm lucky if they only take 70k per normal hit, which he gets to chain 4 of no matter where I organize people.

I tried changing to a Time Travelers team, but, I don't have a bunch of Extreme ones or a solid lead to bring them all together, so I tried Fat Buu, LR Vegito Blue, Rose Black, Zamasu, Roid Trunks and SSJ Future Trunks with the Goku Black Time Travelers lead as a friend, but, other than LR Vegito being tanky as hell, I couldn't get through that way either.

I went with int Goku Black, str Rose Black, str Zamasu, teq Fusion Zamasu, str EZA Perfect Cell, and the LR Vegito Blue. Usually with the Trunks/Mai friend. It wasn't the most ideal but it still worked surprisingly well enough to clear 30 on the first try.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I feel almost sorry for the extreme z battle shenron. They really went and made an extreme STR type weak against kamehameha?

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

CidGregor posted:

Raditz + a friend PHY Movie Broly or STR LR Broly can probably carry it through 10x, maybe even 20x.

with a 130% attack leader Raditz+PHY Broly can clear out up to 25x handily. Broly's almost able to do it alone, unless they have a lot of STR units.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

The grind is a painful slog even with a really good specialty team and I legit don't know how the hell people can go for hundreds of millions of points and 400+ win streaks.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I found Fasha's stage more tolerable than I did with the Ginyu Force ones. It may be because I didn't end up with a movepool of only 3s like every second GF run. (no 3s at all that i saw) The character drop rate seems a hell of a lot better, too.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

I'll probably use them for the Prime Battles and other free-character only events, since I haven't got a great team for those. As long as they count as free, I suppose (I haven't got the LR yet, just waiting for the Fasha event to go back up this afternoon).

I'm pretty sure that aside from the LR Bardock Squad card they're all prime-compatible. The game doesn't consider mission/login rewards to be 'drop' cards.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

snickothemule posted:

I just want an LR Bulma card on Earthling category where at 12ki she gets Vegeta to do smack someone around

I still get a laugh every time I end up using Bulla's super for that reason

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

man the face on that that teq raditz is just slightly wrong and it keeps throwing me off

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

True!

So I haven't really touched this Extreme Z-Area stuff. Are any of the characters you awaken in this event worth prioritzing over the others?

apparently PHY Piccolo is The Guy To Get for his passive (unconditional +77% Def to everyone in the same turn)
other than that most of the units are fairly underwhelming afaik

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

did 4 pulls and got that rad dodgey Caulifla. guess I'll be able to finish up the SSGSS Goku EZA next time it rolls around.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

have category summons always had lrs in the mix? i gave this one a pull (yes i know) because i had dick all decent exploding rage units and ended up with the lr ss3 goku

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Got LR Gogeta, the new Bardock, and a DBS Broly out of the one banner after 6 pulls, and basically just trash out of the Vegito banner after 9. Then about halfway through the hundred 5th anniversary tickets I pulled LR Bardock??
Also did I miss some of the 55 tickets or are they going to finish them in a later part?

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

if I can avoid burning kais on him

you never really need to worry about that, as they get handed out like candy. I'm currently sitting on 50ish of the general purpose ones and then another 40 in varying colours, mostly from doing z battles for characters I never cared enough about to use.

Captain Baal posted:

You better believe I dropped 150 coins on a pink shirt Vegeta I'm never gonna use

the optimal coin usage imo

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

The 55 summon got me a dupe of SS3 Goku and the only SSR was INT Zamasu. Then I threw 50 stones at the LR banner for the gently caress of it and got Rose.
it isn't making up for having to do this z area though. what the actual gently caress

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

So what's the new tab that popped up in Baba's shop about?

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

a neat cape posted:

What the gently caress

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

i'm incredibly bad at sbr, never gotten anywhere near winning one. i think i just i have a hard time switching out of my standard overly aggressive mindset.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

glad to see they went all in on the "better hope you have this one specific unit to carry you" aspect that EZAs already suffered from

I cannot loving believe that butoden goku is by far my mvp for this event.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I like Masked Saiyan, though I don't use him very often anymore. I hope this isn't going to be another EZ area though. (it will be)

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

How many times does a unit need to show up on banners before it can be bought for coins? If it's just 2 then I'm gonna have to flip a coin between the year 5 vegito and the blue duo

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

this is almost exactly the same kamehameha team i use for basically everything i can. just replace the str goku/vegeta with gobros

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

please tell me the magical girl fighters ezas aren't required for like lr frieza or anything. i just finished lord slug and i can't stomach another ez area right now

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

i'm really glad this goku eza is actually balanced around having a pretty middling team. the frieza/cooler one was kind of a pain in the rear end on super

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

UI Goku is real good, i'm pondering who on my kamehameha team to cut for him

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Jesus, the 66lr ticket went real well for me. 1x LR androids, 1x LR godku, 2x LR STR UI

I just got Nappa/Vegeta from my 66 tickets.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

i rolled for videl and all i got was trash and int goku black

i miss the 4x xp rates already

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I got zero Gogetas and a Janemba, probably to punish me for getting all the featured anniversary units. Part of me is tempted to throw another 150 stones in the pot...

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Sapphira posted:

Pretty much what I figured, seemed a bit too good to be true otherwise. Thanks!

Figured I should toss my code into the thread in case anyone is sharing some good characters: 1035180647

Added. Lemme know if you're after any specific lead, I likely have it.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Sapphira posted:

Is the 5 kais for 25 stones banner worthwhile? I'm not sure how rare kais are outside of this celebration

I'm not shy about using kais on stuff to save myself grinding and I'm still sitting on a stock of 117 universal kais. They're really common

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I got 351 memorial stones, not quite sure what to do with them. Probably hold a bit and see what I get and maybe rainbow someone?

Also, goddamn, I missed the Metal Cooler typed EZAs, that looks horrific to actually do. Are they worth it?

They made SSGSS Kaioken Goku's EZA easier because I don't have a lot of great extreme types, but you can probably get away with not using them.