Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Can I mention PAD in here? I've been playing PAD for 700 days. They gave me 10 stones last night for my 700th day.

I've also been playing Final Fantasy Legends: Toki no Suishō and now I'm going to try this dragon ball game. I think I need an intervention.

Allarion posted:

So is this thread gonna link up to the other gatcha game threads in Games? Admittedly there's a bunch of them.

Also I'm still hoping on Bamco to localize one of their Gundam gatcha games.

I used to play SD Gundam G Gen Frontier or whatever and I'll just say this about it: It was one of the best gacha games until recently. They introduced a new rarity into the game and started balancing towards it, which basically made rolling for anything else completely pointless and in turn, if you failed to get the latest one every month your team was almost useless for the rest of the month.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Allarion posted:

There's a point where your cycle of gacha games never ends because by the time one energy bar is depleted, another has completely recharged. Even more so if it's a gacha game with decent playtime per energy, which I feel Dragonball does well with. I can only juggle approximately 3 games though and Dragonball's probably getting dropped when Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light comes out over here.

FFL is pretty good about it too. Is Super Light coming over for sure though? I played it in Japanese for a while but there was just way too much to keep up with and not enough of it was stuff I could translate and I deleted it out of frustration. Second I find out that's in English I'm grabbing it again.

Anyway I got Android 17 as my starter and I see there's a Freeza/Cooler machine and I kind of want to roll on it as soon as I get 50 crystals because I am a dork who likes the freezers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

There's a US version? I just sort of assumed it was japanese exclusive. Well now that I know what's in the future, time to get a JP version and prepare because these cooler guys are kicking my rear end. Watch me get like, a saibaman as my starter this time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dang, I wish I knew about it! I can't even find anything about it on google, the top search result is just something in arabic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

You needed a facebook anyway. I'm still like the only person in the world without one. Oh well, I'll have to keep an eye out for its proper release so I can grab it on day one or something. It's not that hard starting off anyway.

Anyway I typo'd my name in this game without realizing when I grabbed the English version and fun fact: it has an easy restart option when you reinstall. So many other games make it a pain in the rear end to restart or don't let you restart at all.
EDIT: I got a freezer! I'm pretty happy with this starter.

Is there any trick to this I'm missing? I never seem to be able to get my super attacks off and every event stage kicks my rear end.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jul 25, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Get some levels/better characters from doing the story missions first. Also the spheres hate you and will always fall in the least optimal way.

I think it's the spheres then. I can get this Z Hard goku mission almost dead but I just can't get any good sphere matchups to do a lot of damage and he slowly kills me.

Also I love Z Hard and am so glad that's what they picked for the difficulty name.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So having a long, slow fight with Raditz in the event stage. I'm sure I'll win but it'll take a while. I finally get one of Hercule's super moves off. It does about 3/4ths of Raditz's max HP in one go. At least super moves are worth it for how hard they are to pull off. The third Raditz quest is kind of bullshit though.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 25, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

I used to play a lot of Dragon Poker but I don't like the direction the devs have taken that game. Got three versions of PAD though cause :shepface: Also started playing a bit of Summons Board.

If you want more anime in your gachagames try playing Divine Gate, which in some ways has become the Weiss Schwartz of the genre.

Divine Gate is pretty fun but it's a bit spastic. I wound up removing it because it's just non-stop events and the events have rare invades like PAD, except they're on timers and don't have a 100% drop rate and it was just too much to keep up with.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Here's a question. According to Tao's link stats there's a Mecha Frieza, anyone know how to get him?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh good, I was worried I missed an event. I wonder how viable a whole team of Friezas will be.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mecha Frieza, Goku (Kid) and a few others are listed in links but not yet available.

You probably won't be able to do an all-Frieza team though, the game usually blocks you from using two of the same character on the same team even if their ranks vary. But maybe the different forms count as different characters like it does with Goku and SSJ Goku? I dunno.

Well you can use Tao and Mecha Tao so I figure Frieza, Mecha Frieza, Cooler and Mecha Cooler, King Cold and Chilled. Assuming all of those ever get put into the game. If not then replace with separate forms if they count as separate characters.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I snagged Cyber Tao today too. He's not quite as strong yet, but he's replacing my R Z-Awakened Krillin.. I actually like doing the little missions like that over and over, they're quick, easy, decent money, decent items, and possibility of a good card.

Once you can beat Tao solidly he's pretty easy to farm too. I'm trying to farm him to level mine's super. Hopefully I'll be able to tackle the higher difficulties soon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Esroc posted:

I hope after they finishing introducing all the major characters and their forms they go the Heroes route and start throwing in what-if characters like SSj3 Trunks or Bebi Janemba.

SSJ4 Broli would be fun. So would some of the joke fusion characters like Cellin.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I've got two on normal. It's a pretty decent one for farming up awakening medals at least. I've Z Awoken my crappy N dudes because why not.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'll probably do that once I start replacing dudes, but for now they wreck everything I'm fighting. My Z awoken Chaotzu with like four super levels can almost one shot cyber tao with his special. Or maybe he can, I don't know he never goes first.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You don't need to beat Tao on all difficulties to unlock the ability for him to drop, do you?

No, he's just really rare. I'm not noticing any difference in drop rates on Hard or Normal to be honest so I'm just farming normal because it's faster. Maybe the hardest difficulty has a better drop rate but I get wrecked there.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I don't farm Hard because it's basically 50/50 if I win or lose without using items right now depending on when he uses his super move. If he uses it one one of my blue dudes no problem, if he decides to spam it on the few turns there are no blue guys to absorb it then I'm boned.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I kind of like Tao because he has a link with Chaotsu and Tien who I still use.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got like four vegetas asap and now nothing. This is frustrating. I also pulled an R Recoom from the friend pulls.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

AfroGunsou posted:

ive been playing dokkan battle for the past week but im not really diggin it as much as treasure cruise.
i like dokkan battle's battle system more and i like that there can be the same character in different types, unlike in treasure cruise where luffys are always strength, zoros are always dex etc.. except for different forms of chopper.
the main draw of these games, for me, was being able to build a Dream Team of all the colorful characters from the series i like and i am finding that, as much as i like dragon ball, theres not a ton of characters here i like all that much. not enough to want to try and grind them out or anything anyway

Unless there's just no dragon ball characters in general, I'd say give it some time. I popped into the JP version earlier and they had super saiyan god and Cooler events up.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just took another 10x friend roll and got another super goku pull. Rare 16 and interesting, Super Rare Cui. I didn't even know you could get SR's from from the friend points. Cui is yet another STR type and I have way too many of those already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Anyone else having trouble with Jackie Chun? On normal he's cake but on hard he suddenly gains the ability to two-shot my whole team.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

cptn_dr posted:

Welp, time to go play 30 missions in a row to try and get enough dragon stones for a multi pull

This is what I'm doing right now, I'm eight stones away. I'm really hoping I get that SSR.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I got SR 2nd and 3rd freezers as well as guildo and videl. I like the friezas because they all link together, and with the purple nappa who I find surprisingly good. My team also has a distinct lack of purples and yellows so any one I can fill that gap with is nice. I also got a bunch of crappy R's including a purple gohan who, at level 31 has less than half the attack of the green event gohan at level 21.

Oh well time to try and get Jackie chun to drop so I can hopefully farm up another 50 stones.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Echophonic posted:

You jerks with your Guldos and your SR Ginyus. :negative:

That new Krillin seems pretty dang good. Wonder if it'd be worth experimenting with him on my team, too. Ginyu links be damned.

Is guldo even any good? He has some links with Frieza and Nappa but I already have enough greens.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

All of Frieza's forms can be on the same team and link with each other :getin:

Yes, this is why I want that fourth form frieza. I want an all freezer team. One form and a mecha frieza away from my dream.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

This event doesn't seem that good to me tbh. Getting a guaranteed SR for spending 50 stones is a lot worse than having a +% for the better SSRs to come.

My goal with this game is basically to only roll on characters I like, and I like Frieza.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh man this Ginyu mission is kicking my rear end even on normal. Individually they're easy but taking out all of them in a row is rough.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

What's the trick to getting buff super fast in this game? I'm so close to getting another pull on the freezer machine but hit a wall on both story progression and hardmode retreads.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

A freshly Z-awoken guy only gets an SR like 3 levels. So I have to max out that guy too then I guess. At least the fights themselves give decent exp on hard, too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So a level 40 Z-awoken N still only gets my SRs 6 levels. Is there really no other way?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rares take even longer to grind and I can't farm them up, though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So are senzu beans basically mandatory for Z-hard for most missions? Even using green guys on this Z-hard Awakening quest the trash fights are whittling my health down before I even reach the boss.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Petiso posted:

Did the Dragon Stone Multi-summon, didn't get any of Frieza's transformations and my only SR was a TEQ Raditz...

Well, at least I can start a saiyan team with him and the Nappa and Vegeta from the event, I also got a STR Android 19 and a INT Dr. Gero so now I have a full balanced android team with Androids 16 through 20 with a Cell Jr. as a pet. Also got an INT Guldo which I heard are valuable for Ginyu teams, just missing Jeice and Ginyu to complete mine.

I'm not sure if it's worse that you got raditz or not. I'll be honest, I'd be insulted.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Finally got enough for a second pull on the frieza machine and I got a rainbow of tiens. I got a ton of SRs but I think I might feed half of them to the SRs I actually like because man, these are lame characters.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Next Strike starting Thursday is Mecha Frieza. SR INT I believe.

Worth farming because in the future you could turn your Mecha Frieza with lv10 Super into a SSR Gold Frieza and he'll keep the lv10 Super.

Also you can use all Friezas together on a single team (form 1, 2, 3, Final, Mecha, and Gold) so you might want him for that gimmick.

Wait what how does that work? How do you turn a mecha frieza into a gold one?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

That's pretty cool, but less cool that it keeps their typing and skills. I was hoping for a rainbow team of friezas but there don't appear to be any blue or yellows.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Since I doubt I'll be able to farm up another 50 stones before the frieza machine goes away I used all my leftovers and still no SSR. Hopefully form 4 gets a revival at some point then so I can get my frieza team.

EDIT: since apparently some people have actually played the JP version, are there other form 4 frieza cards?

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 5, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Testekill posted:

Man, I need a loving bunch of Gregories in order to awaken a few of my characters.

Do any of the weekly awakening events on normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I can't even come close to beating Z Hard.