Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

:d: What are Gacha Games?
http://www.serkantoto.com/2012/02/21/gacha-social-games/

quote:

Gashapon is a Bandai brand trademark widely used throughout the world for their capsule toys. It is also referred to as gachapon. Both gashapon and gachapon are Japanese onomatopoeia, made up of two sounds: “gasha” or “gacha” for the turning of a crank on a toy vending machine, and “pon” for the sound of the toy capsule dropping into the receptacle.

It is used to describe both the machines themselves, and any toy obtained from them.

Gashapon machines are similar to the coin-operated toy vending machines seen outside of grocery stores and other retailers in other countries.

:d: What's Hot?

Dragon Ball: Dokkan Battle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ljJeimIiM

:d: In-Depth Game Posts

The Devil Tesla posted:

This poo poo is loving awful.

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Kelp Plankton posted:

Got a SR 1st form Frieza and SR 1st form Cell last night basically one after the other. Cell has links with like 4 of the characters I've been using (including my SSR SSJ Goku) so he's a must-use once I get him leveled up some. Frieza is replacing the R Nappa I've been using which is a nice upgrade.

Is the cyborg Tao from the event any good? The drop rate on Vegeta was so awful I didn't even get one before it ended so I'm not sure if I want to waste my time or not.

Does the drop rate depend on which level you do it at? The hardest configuration just demolished me (a bunch of level 60s).

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
My Dokkan Battle Friend ID: 664601242

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I've been trying it on Hard and it's a cakewalk. Very Hard obliterates me. It's a decent grind though, doesn't take too long, great drops, decent cash.

This was my exact experience too. Hard? Fine. Very hard? I went through 5 dragon stones.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Allarion posted:

So is this thread gonna link up to the other gatcha game threads in Games? Admittedly there's a bunch of them.

Doubtful. This thread's mainly to keep Dokkan poo poo out of the DBZ thread.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Kelp Plankton posted:

You should be feeding duplicates to the same ones you have to power up their super moves FYI

Wait, what? How do you tell the power of the super move?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally rolled my third SR - Mr. Satan, Goku, and now Vegeta.

Which is great, because all my R's leveled to SRs are capped at 60. :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Hope this helps :)

Holy poo poo, I've been playing this game the wrong way the entire time.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
New event coming up this evening:

quote:

The event will last the next nine days, starting today. We'll initially get 5 Dragon Stones & 5 Mr. Popo medals. Each day, players will receive 1 Senzu Bean item and 53,000 Zeni.

Keep a watch on your giftbox starting today at 16:00 PDT.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Esroc posted:

So after getting Gohan initially you can then just grind the lowest difficulty for infinite Gohan's to max one out with? Because if so I know how I'm spending my stamina today. Kid Gohan is a drat beast and is easily the hardest hitter on my team right now.

I've been grinding for the SR Tao to no success, so I might as well try this.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally got the Tao event character, and now I get two more right after getting the first.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

It isn't farmable, you get them at specific points in the story, one time on each difficulty.

e -> I think you can still get them up to 5 or 6 special attack anyways, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Interesting. I'm excited for a new mission that isn't X-HARD, I'm high enough level to have easily finished the Hard missions but wipe pretty easily on the X-HARD missions.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
SR Cyborg Tao isn't the best, but he's my first red. And kicking rad.

zelah posted:

Welp I finished the story and summoned all the shenrons. I guess I'll finish everything on Hard now and save stones for when something past SSR comes out?

Yes, this should be the easiest thing to do and should level you up pretty well.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
New strike incoming:

New event incoming:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

This game really needs some sort of achievement system like Dragon Blaze or something. I'm in the last set of levels on Hard, so I'm running out of options to get new Dragon Stones. I wish you'd get stone or money payouts for hitting different rank milestones or getting X number of Super Rares or something, just to keep it all flowing.

There's always Z-HARD.

Or the events.

I wasted all my stones from completing Hard. :(

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I've done 2 levels of Z-Hard and it takes a TON of healing poo poo and buffs, so not worth it. I plan on using Jackie Chun rather than Tao, but I'm farming Tao on Hard because it's easy and I can usually get some supports out of it.

Also, with today's seal event, I've farmed enough for 4/5 of my SSR Vegeta's Awakenings.. Just need to get a Supreme Kai (and a fuckload of Zeni)

I have Z-Awakenings for all my characters. Just have to farm zeni to afford it. 500,000 for each is quite annoying.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Do you have a favorite place for that, or do you just hit Hercule over and over on the weekends?

Honestly, that seems to be the quickest way, but I don't have the right amount of stones to replay that a tons of times. But it's the easiest, although Z-HARD got me a ton of zeni on the few missions I was able to do.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
It's pretty trivial on Normal and Hard. Didn't have much problem with either.

However, there wasn't a good guarantee item location on map like with the Tao event, so I won't be replaying it much.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Working on the Z-HARD story missions. I've completed 4 chapters and bits of two more. Finally nice to be getting Dragon Stones again.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

What's your secret? I'm constantly out of healing items. I have teams broken up by color to try and offset some of the beatdown, but goddamn, some missions are tough. Some of my guys are underused though, so maybe it's just a level thing. I'm through chapter 1 on Z-Hard, a couple maps into chapter 2.

I farmed one of the missions (either Cyborg Tao or the Gohan event) and ended up getting 60-70 of the potions (there was a way you could take a detour on the map and after fighting an unavoidable enemy, take a 4-turn roll to hit a potion. So, I've been going through those.

Also, making sure to point your supers and attacks to match weaknesses helped a lot. I'm about at the point where I'm dying right at the end of the final boss battle, which sucks, because I'm about level 70 across the board.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

So are senzu beans basically mandatory for Z-hard for most missions? Even using green guys on this Z-hard Awakening quest the trash fights are whittling my health down before I even reach the boss.

Depends on how you play. I just realized that I can limit the amount enemies give me on Z-HARD by placing someone who isn't vulnerable to enemy's attacks next to its attack phase.

Z-HARD just basically means that you have to play strategically.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

I don't know, he might surprise you. I have the SR PHY Raditz on my primary team- he's a loving bruiser. Just got him Z-Awakened:

My SSR Vegeta is so close to being Z-Awakened.. I have the money, I almost have the levels, just need the loving Supreme Kai token. Going to be running this goddamn map on Z-Hard all day. :(

Awesome, I've got him as well. I've been holding him back for Cyborg Tao, but maybe it's time to retire Krillin into the sun.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Largepotato posted:

Any idea how it decides what card your friends see? Is it leader of team 1 or leader of the last team used?

I believe it's your leader.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Well, I just finished Z-HARD on the entire story. Onto the next Dokkan challenge.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Tell us your secrets

A team of level 70s and a lot of patience.

It's all about matching the attack turns with the player who is resistant to the attack color. And having a shitload of potions from farming the Cyborg Tao event.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
ps, per Reddit: (PSA) Farm for INT medals today so you can awaken Mecha Frieza tommorow without waiting another week

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/3fvid3/psa_farm_for_int_medals_today_so_you_can_awaken/

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

Mecha Freiza's started.

Picked him up on my first roll on easy. Bravo, RNG.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Oh come the gently caress on, you beat the game on Z-Hard AND you have the best RNG luck on the planet? Ugh...

The good news is - I haven't gotten him since.

But man, the Mecha Frieza is great for farming potions and heals. I've picked up 6 or so healing items so far.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Nuebot posted:

I've just now realized those little can items are health restores. So I've been chugging my stock of like 70+ green and blue cans to beat hard robo freezer when he decides to spam his super. Still no drop but I can do it now. Turns out this R Android 16 I had, hits like a drat truck. I thought it'd be useless but I've had him do more damage than some of the other similarly levelled units' supers.

I'd probably hold on to a lot of those items if you haven't already farmed Dragon Stones on missions. Those will be a god-send on the later missions (like that loving Ginyu Force mission).

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Tae posted:

Wait, what about the Vegeta/Nappa event?

Those are only for the first on each difficulty, iirc.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Also, holy gently caress Mecha Freeza is a beast at Z-HARD.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

Okay, if you're finding it hard I probably stand no chance with only one z-awakened PHY right now. Over a dozen tries so far and still no joy.

My current squad for this event:

Already maxed a Mr. Satan and Goku, no point in using them when I have others to level up!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Why throw Tao in front? I don't know the others off hand, but his Leader skill only benefits him in that party.

And yeah, I got to Frieza just fine on Z-Hard.. then he hit me with a 54k Death Beam. I've hit Hard at least 20 times today, no love.

Tao looks awesome, that's why. :dealwithit:

And the only way Jackie Chun and Krillin would be poor if I aligned them to be the recipient of Freeza's attack. Which I wouldn't do - SAY GOODBYE.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I wish I could turn off all the animations

Me too. The 'battery save' + '2x' does wonders, but so does furiously mashing your finger on the screen.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally rolled a third Cyborg Freeza. One on normal, hard, and z-hard.

Z-Hard is far too consuming of materials to be worth it, however. I'm farming potions from the Hard mission.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Petiso posted:

So why some awakened characters add "super" to their type while others add "extreme"?

Super is for good guys, Extreme for bad.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

Hmm I've got him sitting around too, just liked 17 more. I'm swimming in Blues. Just need a couple more Grandpa Gohans and I'll Z-Unlock Krillin. I'll have his Super at like 6 or so by then..

And yeah, I'm a big dummy who didn't farm that old Vegeta. I figured "hey, I've got a SSR Vegeta, why would I ever need another one?" Whoops.

That's kinda my problem too. I farmed out a bunch of characters in the beginning and fed them to a character not realizing the soft level limits - wasted a lot of SRs that way.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Just pulled #4.

(I'm sorry guys.)

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

HA I'm finally better than you at something! I'm up to 4 :smug:

Right there with you ;).

I refuse to use a Dragon Stone on this one. Cyborg Freeza's already pretty gross at level 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Level 8 Mecha Frieza. So close!