Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo

Qwerinty posted:

this morning a man across form me and tapped me with his foot, indicating he'd like me to take my earbuds out. he said he loved my hair, and it complimented my good looks. it's the sort of experience you can only experience on public transportation, and it really made me feel good about myself and started the day positively. he disgusts me.

DID YOU gently caress?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Jerry Cotton posted:

DID YOU gently caress?

no, he crumpled into salt before my gaze

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
last night i had a dream where i was being chased by a train whose smokestacks constantly emitted thick black smoke and the harsh glare of its front light pierced threateningly through the fog. the rails extended forever in each direction and no matter how fast i ran the thumping, hammering noise of its engine rang in my ears. i say dream instead of nightmare because i could easily take a train in a fight

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 5, 2015

fuck. marry. t-rex

if i was a decepticon i would transform into a bus

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
i painted my car yellow with black and white checked lines. im a character from mad max

fuck. marry. t-rex

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

crying softly dropping people off at home, knowing i provide a valuable service to their lives

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Aug 5, 2015

fuck. marry. t-rex

they can never know who i really am..

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
if there are enough boats on a lake you can count it as another street

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

make a city thats one big cylinder and then everyone can just take the elevator

bog pixie

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

make a city thats one big cylinder and then everyone can just take the elevator

buses are like horizontal elevators

bog pixie fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Aug 5, 2015

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
carpools are the chimeras of modern times

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 5, 2015

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

when i see someone give up their seat to a senior citizen i think to myself, this is someone who can finally save us from this nightmare

bog pixie

youd think the world would be better off if everyone had the powers of spiderman, but it would be a transportation nightmare

bog pixie fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 5, 2015

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

the fabric attached to the back of a bridal gown is called a train because in the Middle Ages actual steam engines were attached to the back of the bride and she was forced to give train rides to and from the wedding. this is also why the groom traditionally wears a tuxedo, which was based on 14th century conductors uniforms

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
the bus fare machine takes blood now. its much cheaper for me but the mountains on the way to work get higher every day, and im fairly certain that all the other passengers are bats.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Aug 5, 2015

----------------

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
honestly someone should have thought to put safety rails on top of trains by now

google THIS

everyone who rides the train is a murderer

google THIS

source: agatha christie

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
everyone who rides the bullet train is also a murderer but they just shoot each other

----------------

weird

by zen death robot
bus drivers used to get so mad at all the people climbing on top of the bus to ride for free, until one of them finally invented the double decker bus as a way of charging them. it's not a problem with double decker busses because, they're too tall to climb

----------------

bog pixie

Yonkers posted:

bus drivers used to get so mad at all the people climbing on top of the bus to ride for free, until one of them finally invented the double decker bus as a way of charging them. it's not a problem with double decker busses because, they're too tall to climb

cuntman.net

Yonkers posted:

lol

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
when the bendy style buses are first commissioned and put on the road, the driver travels in a route that plays a soothing polka with the bendy part. it wears out after a few months, the department of transportation is working hard to find a way to put it back

----------------

cuntman.net

the weak point of a bus is the tires. actually it probably isnt but at least punching a tire wont hurt your hand

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
when you wake up next to what used to be your best friend's wad of gum, and you can't feel your legs due to the position you're sitting in, that is when you know you've been on public transit.

----------------

weird

by zen death robot

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

----------------

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

beautiful

teleolurian

Whenever I ride BART late at night it smells like I just walked onto the set of a watersports video and since nobody else is making faces I wonder if I'm maybe suffering a stroke.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
buses are elaborate frat initiation rituals stemming from seeing how many people you can fit in a phone booth. this is why buses are getting bigger, a perverse need to push the limit

----------------

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Real life taught me that the best bus route is a back and forth line, not a loop. And the lesson applies to Cities: Skylines perfectly.

e:
http://publictransport.about.com/od/Transit_Planning/a/How-Bus-Routes-And-Schedules-Get-Planned-Part-I-Placement-Of-Bus-Route.htm

"For example, if a route which has a running time of 60 minutes includes a deviation which takes 6 minutes of that time, then the total ridership generated by the deviation should be greater than 10% of the total."

wow, nice pro-tip

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 6, 2015

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
the cat bus is the most smug form of public transit, don't take it, it'll just tell you how many merits it got doing its job, which is being a bus

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
cat bus: look at my flair *puts on high beams*

----------------

• Locked thread