Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitt3n
Aug 19, 2006
Anyone interested in biking across the Pyrenees, here's my experience. Happy to provide any additional info I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011
Great photos, thanks. The Pyrenees are one of my favorite places in the world. I once left Port Bou headed west, intending to turn around in Andorra, on a bike ride from Marseille to Valencia. I turned around after a day, when I realized I hate climbing on my bike, and didn't let the Mediterranean out of my sight again.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Thanks for posting that, have you cross posted it in the Bike thread I'm sure there are plenty of people there that would like to read this, it's great.

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
Wonderful, thank you for sharing. Love the Tourmalet anecdote.

I would very much like to take a European cycling trip one of these years. Perhaps after the post-grad. And perhaps after also first touring my home province.

bitt3n
Aug 19, 2006

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Thanks for posting that, have you cross posted it in the Bike thread I'm sure there are plenty of people there that would like to read this, it's great.

Thanks for the suggestion, have done.

ColonelCurmudgeon posted:

Love the Tourmalet anecdote.

In retrospect it was lucky I had that problem because I got to meet so many people I wouldn't have met otherwise.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010
Is your tent... completely see-through? (Edit: Duh the cover is just off in most of the photos)

Cool writeup and pictures. Is that a dedicated bike path the entire way (or most of it)?? That's awesome and I've never seen anything like it. Biking the Alps seems cool in theory but horrible in practice (at least for my tastes) given that every road is barely big enough for two cars and you have crazy locals going 70kph around bends in 50 zones.

Saladman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitt3n
Aug 19, 2006

Saladman posted:

Is your tent... completely see-through? (Edit: Duh the cover is just off in most of the photos)

Cool writeup and pictures. Is that a dedicated bike path the entire way (or most of it)?? That's awesome and I've never seen anything like it. Biking the Alps seems cool in theory but horrible in practice (at least for my tastes) given that every road is barely big enough for two cars and you have crazy locals going 70kph around bends in 50 zones.

No, there was no dedicated bike path. I never found cars to be a problem in the mountains. Cars give you a wide berth, and the traffic is light, with a large fraction of it being motorcycles.

• Locked thread