Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

CommonShore posted:

That was awesome. She busted out some Spanish and got a chant going from the Mexican fans.

I lie awake at night worrying that my girlfriend is going to leave me for leslie smith after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Snack rating on this card owns. Any Chicagoons wondering where the best blood sausage is should go to PQM or Dove's.

I can never go to the Chicago cards in person because I don't want to go alone, but it especially stings with a card this good.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The transformation of TJ Dillashaw is the craziest thing. It's like between the Viana fight and the Assuncao fight he completely tore down his standup game and rebuilt it. It's noticeably different in the Assuncao fight and if you have FightPass you can go back and see he gets better at it with each fight culminating in the masterpiece that was the Barao fight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yeah his fight with Mike Easton was a cool precursor to his beat down of Barao too.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I don't know how much longer tj will be with tam.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Well Duane's doing a pretty good job of throwing the other TAM members under the bus, so he's forcing an ultimatium of some kind.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

The transformation of TJ Dillashaw is the craziest thing. It's like between the Viana fight and the Assuncao fight he completely tore down his standup game and rebuilt it. It's noticeably different in the Assuncao fight and if you have FightPass you can go back and see he gets better at it with each fight culminating in the masterpiece that was the Barao fight.

In the Assuncao fight, you can see he's got all the angles and stuff, but he can't sustain it. His third round was one of the gassiest I've seen in the weight class.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Fingers crossed for a Jim Miller win, not only because I'm a fan but also because it might make Danny Castillo cry and apologize to his mom again

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Street Horrrsing posted:

Well Duane's doing a pretty good job of throwing the other TAM members under the bus, so he's forcing an ultimatium of some kind.

What's happened?

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Best Friends posted:

What's happened?

Duane basically said every dude in Sacramento except TJ has no will and work ethic to be a champion.Also took a few potshots against Mendez.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Is Thrillashaw a thing? If not, it should be.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

-Atom- posted:

I like yelling TYLER JEFFREY

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I'm debating re-upping fightpass for these early prelims. Have they added anything cool in the last 3 or 4 months?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Kekekela posted:

I'm debating re-upping fightpass for these early prelims. Have they added anything cool in the last 3 or 4 months?

Titan FC and Shooto Brasil are on that Invicta streaming deal

International Vale Tudo's library was added, so if you want to see baby Wanderlei stomping faces, there's that

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Tate discusses weight cutting in one of the Embeddeds, complaining that she doesn't sweat much while Ronda "sweats like a little pig".

She must really hate her own arms.

edit: I can't get over how much Felder looks like Bang. Tell me I'm not crazy.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 25, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

-Atom- posted:

I like Dolla Dolla Billashaw

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

International Vale Tudo's library was added, so if you want to see baby Wanderlei stomping faces, there's that

Sold, ty.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
This fight card is weird. The best matchups are not backloaded at all, they are distributed throughout the card. There's 2, maybe 3 fights on the main card I'm interested in, 2 good fights in the prelims, and 2 cool fights on the early fightpass prelims.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Reminder that if you have FightPass and want to be amazed at how well TJ follows instructions in the cage to listen to his corner audio for the Barao fight.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I kind of want TJ to lose to spite Ludwig being a dick. But I don't know.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Le Saboteur posted:

I kind of want TJ to lose to spite Ludwig being a dick. But I don't know.
I dunno, I can see why Ludwig would be annoyed after Faber pretty much ran him off despite being the reason why TAM finally broke through in a UFC title fight. I respect the TAM work ethic but they seem to have plateaued as a group other than TJ, who embraced Ludwig while maintaining the trademark wrestling attitude.

Ludwig is frustrated by them because he thinks they *should* be champions. There's a difference between that and typical "those guys suck/are assholes" talk, which is not his point at all.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lamadrid posted:

Duane basically said every dude in Sacramento except TJ has no will and work ethic to be a champion.Also took a few potshots against Mendez.

Well I mean, I dunno what the facts are but it sure seems like TAM had more success when Duane was at the helm instead of Kampmann currently.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Does anybody have the cliffnotes on why exactly there was beef there?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gym drama (on the Faber/Ludwig level, not the Thiago Silva level) is admittedly childish but it's unfortunately the norm rather than the exception and I wouldn't let it affect my opinion of Dillashaw

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I figured it was Duane had some petty drama with some of the guys but TJ still realized how important he was to him, so he still trains with him as well as TAM. And most of the TAM guys seem to understand.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Thats what really rubbed me wrong with Duane I've never seen any of the TAM guys put Duane on blast publicly and then he goes out and takes a poo poo on Mendes.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Le Saboteur posted:

Thats what really rubbed me wrong with Duane I've never seen any of the TAM guys put Duane on blast publicly and then he goes out and takes a poo poo on Mendes.

I'm pretty sure Faber went on about how he doesn't like Duane and how he rubs him the wrong way and he doesn't care for him, versus just saying he prefers his gym to be ran the way it has been and duane has been helpful.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ty1990 posted:

Does anybody have the cliffnotes on why exactly there was beef there?

Ludwig came in and immediately just about everyone in TAM started to look dramatically better at striking, except for Faber, who it then came out wasn't working with Ludwig at all and didn't like him due to "personality clashes". Then Ludwig opened his gym in Colorado and started splitting his time between there and TAM, and some of them continued working closely with him (most notably Dillashaw and Castillo) and some of them didn't, and then Faber brought in Kampmann and Ludwig pretty much stayed in Colorado and the TAMs that continue working with him went there for part of their fight camps. I would imagine there's some bitterness on Ludwig's part on essentially being pushed out despite being objectively good for the team, and whatever had Faber disliking him to begin with certainly isn't helped by Ludwig not being real shy about saying so.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Faber started talking poo poo about Ludwig long before Bang said anything about anything.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

fatherdog posted:

Faber started talking poo poo about Ludwig long before Bang said anything about anything.

Fair enough, I'm not as well versed in this drama.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Fair enough, I'm not as well versed in this drama.

Look at this loving casual who doesn't stay up all night reading MMA blogs. YOU DISGUST ME.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Fight Pass prelims are live

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I like this Dominique Steele guy I hope he's decent.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sad cut men at this event.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Sad cut men at this event.

They're wearing the official Reebok Mourning edition vests.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Welp.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

I like this Dominique Steele guy I hope he's decent.

goondolences

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Welp nevermind.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Off to a flying start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belle Isle Tech
Aug 28, 2009
Non-Stop Action's defense strategy there was to hold his hands out to say DONT HIT ME

• Locked thread