Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

ok that was amazing thank you hahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That's gotta be a really depressing way to lose, being seconds away from finishing.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bubba Smith posted:

that kind of sucks for Duke. She'd have a great shot of finishing the bout if it were a 5 rounder

Could you imagine a card mained by Jessamyn Duke?

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I need a gif of Barnett talking to Duke while Rogan was interviewing Elizabeth.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Thought they said his mentor was Chris Leben for a second and was like oh god...

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

That's gotta be a really depressing way to lose, being seconds away from finishing.

Yep. If the fight were in reverse it would have been Duke going for a tons of takedowns and submissions in round 1, with Philips overtaking her in rounds 2 and 3. Instead it was too little too late for Duke and she had probably the best round of her "UFC career" and now she's gonna get cut.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Seems kind of like an everything lots to lose, nothing to gain fight here for Nijem.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

and now she's gonna get cut.

this is not a bad thing

man that arena is empty.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Marching Powder posted:

this is not a bad thing

man that arena is empty.

Everyone's still outside at the harley thing.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Droopy Goines posted:

I need a gif of Barnett talking to Duke while Rogan was interviewing Elizabeth.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Nice job surviving that barrage

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Cool scrambles all fight.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Awesome, thanks!

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Nijem looks like he's gassing pretty bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Kekekela posted:

Nice job surviving that barrage

he only survived it because nijem has no killer instinct or fight iq whatsoever and just wanted to lay on him

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Holy poo poo that was so close to sunk

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
very close rnd. 19-19, maybe

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

Yep. If the fight were in reverse it would have been Duke going for a tons of takedowns and submissions in round 1, with Philips overtaking her in rounds 2 and 3. Instead it was too little too late for Duke and she had probably the best round of her "UFC career" and now she's gonna get cut.

She needs to go back to Invicta or whatever and figure out what kind of fighter she even wants to be. Her build and her background indicate she should be leaning on her kickboxing, but in most of her fights she barely throws hands, seldom kicks, and is really eager to go to the ground.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha this is a fun fight

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Loving the leg attacks

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I don't want to be a judge for this fight. I'd be fine with literally any score.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
29-28 Nijem, maybe

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kekekela posted:

Loving the leg attacks

In fights with so much leg play I appreciate when the fighters are of such contrasting skin tone. Makes it easier to follow.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

I don't want to be a judge for this fight. I'd be fine with literally any score.

hahahaha what fight were you watching?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Fun fight, Nijem should win. Cool scrambles.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Nijem was doing excellent on the feet, then would go for a take down and have to fight submissions every round.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
hahaha what the gently caress

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

don't agree with that decision

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahahahaha robbery

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Wow. I don't agree, but great fight none-the-less.

People can disagree with me but I think all 3 fights have been great so far. Duke vs Philips had a cruddy round 2 but 1 and 3 were good.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I had 30-27 Nijem

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

hahahaha what fight were you watching?

That should also be asked the judges.

He probably won using PRIDE rules, but Nijem won with UFC rules.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Seems bad, imo

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
"Did you do enough to win the fight"

"well...I went for a lot of submissions I guess."

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I had 30-27 Nijem

same. he was in control the entire time and defended all sub attempts perfectly. and he also got the better by far of any standup

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Holbrook gonna be getting hyped.

Was Cruickshank the guy on the Faber/Cruz TUF that Cruz was like "oh yay I'm gonna do a cartwheel into the cage and get knocked out" after he got ko'd shooting face first into a knee?

e: based on that entrance I'm gonna say yes

Kekekela fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 25, 2015

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Someone gif Nijem mouthing what the gently caress at the decision.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jim miller beating the poo poo out of castillo will be a highlight of today

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I mean if you score based on close submission attempts then both the D'arce in R2 and kneebar in R3 were closer to finishing than anything Nijem did. But Nijem pretty clearly controlled the majority of the action in R1 and R3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!
Well, that was an interesting decision.

• Locked thread