Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Kekekela posted:

Duke seems to have no jab, I just don't get it given her build and how long she's been fighting.

2! 2! 2! now grapple terribly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Bubba Smith posted:

and now she's gonna get cut.

this is not a bad thing

man that arena is empty.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Kekekela posted:

Nice job surviving that barrage

he only survived it because nijem has no killer instinct or fight iq whatsoever and just wanted to lay on him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

I don't want to be a judge for this fight. I'd be fine with literally any score.

hahahaha what fight were you watching?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hahahahaha robbery

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

I had 30-27 Nijem

same. he was in control the entire time and defended all sub attempts perfectly. and he also got the better by far of any standup

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jim miller beating the poo poo out of castillo will be a highlight of today

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Detroit Superstar Daron Cruickshank should not be fighting on the fightpass prelims.

he missed weight and then got annihilated in his last fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

This is going to be his 20th fight in the UFC.

i truly believe that he's the type of man that will not lose to the only tam guy i hate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Droopy Goines posted:

This is a loser leaves the UFC match right?

i'd be stunned if they released cruickshank if he lost here. krause maybe.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i can't remember why i used to think cruickshank is good but he's loving awful.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

He's not bad.

we just watched that fight together yeah?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

Yep and that totally erased the rest of his 10 UFC fights.

Either you're joking or you really are that guy who says "he always sucked" after a guy loses that everyone rags on all the time. Don't be that guy.

i posit that he belongs in the 'entertaining' column rather than the 'good' one

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

squarerandom posted:

Remember when bryan callaway hit Cat in the back of her head before the fight, then Meisha got her loving face kneed in? Good times.

i loving hate carraway. wineland should come out wearing a white ribbon on his shirt causing reebok to flip a poo poo and then have to explain publicly why they got upset at wineland supporting an end to domestic violence

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

I got cruickshank confused with wonderboy thompson in my head and now one of them is owning ppl on main cards and the other guy keeps losing on prelims. I finally can differentiate them

same

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

I agree but you originally said he was "loving awful" which is what I took issue with before lmao.

yeah that was me speaking from my own unreasonable expectations. for the reason manyak stated above i had cruickshank filed in my brain as a contender and in comparison to those standards he's a pile of dog poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

jesus christ wineland's connect percentage must be single digits

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

wineland been training with holly holme

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's genuinely depressing to see a good fighter fight like that.

cmon robbery

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

This fight could be really cool

good call

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dirp posted:

Robertsons boxing looks like a nick diaz impression

what?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was not a 10-8 round.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was a legitimately fascinating fight from start to finish though

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Saunders probably should win this 29-28 because he won every second of the first round up until he got dropped and he recovered immediately, but at least one judge is probably going to disagree

exactly how i had it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bundt Cake posted:

castillo and miller are both cool

on no planet is castillo cool

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

miller's slowing down and when he takes a break he's sitting at perfect head kick range for castillo and this is concerning

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

30-27 miller to 29-28 castillo is fair enough i guess

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

unbelieveably sick. filthy tom owns

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hahahhaha wtf

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Christ herb he was out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

That left hook that lead to the takedown was super sweet too. I love lauzon

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Hahhaha gently caress

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Has barboza's switch kicks always looked that awkward? 90 percent of them were weird looking.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

How are so many people struggling to score these fights? 30-37 or possibly 29-28 barboza

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

I'm not trying to score the fight based on how I feel. Thats very easy, everyone has an opinion of who won unless its truly 50/50 round.

I'm trying to predict how the judges would score it.

Why the gently caress would you ever want to align your opinion with three random people with varying levels of brain damage?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

Because their opinions are the ones that matter

I prefer to use my knowledge of the sport and come to my own conclusions but hey at least you'll win every argument by referencing Wikipedia

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lloyd Boner posted:

He's trying to predict who wins on the scorecards this isn't very complicated

By saying 'boy this is hard to read the minds of 3 people' rather than watching the fight and saying what he thinks

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

No, what I'm doing is identifying rounds where I can confidently say "OK, this round is definitely going to fighter X unless we have the very most braindead of judges"

If its somewhat close where one fighter should probably win and 80% of knowledgable MMA fans would give it to him, but could get screwed on bad judging, then we gotta wait and see on that round.

Just have a loving opinion man its not illegal. I don't think anyone's running an excel spreadsheet on who's been wrong the most according to the judges

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EvanSchenck posted:

that's so ridiculous, Eye boxes her up easily all round then in the last minute Miesha connects a really hard jab and a hard right hand a bit later and she just drops like somebody hit her with a baseball bat
since when did Miesha have that power?

You catch someone wading forward with their chin in the air with a winging hook and it'll put them down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Every time Jessica throws a punch, or sees a punch coming, her hands come down and her chin lifts. Number 1 contender fight.

• Locked thread