Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

Yep. If the fight were in reverse it would have been Duke going for a tons of takedowns and submissions in round 1, with Philips overtaking her in rounds 2 and 3. Instead it was too little too late for Duke and she had probably the best round of her "UFC career" and now she's gonna get cut.

She needs to go back to Invicta or whatever and figure out what kind of fighter she even wants to be. Her build and her background indicate she should be leaning on her kickboxing, but in most of her fights she barely throws hands, seldom kicks, and is really eager to go to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Mean Bean Machine posted:

uriah hall KO'd a guy from the bottom during TUF if im not mistaken

e: drat

Yeah, Dylan Andrews. I remember it being the weirdest thing, like he wound up positioned so that he could somehow throw hard straight punches from his back, and he just rattled off a few of those and Andrews was just done. Uriah Hall is such a mixed bag of a fighter but in his fights on the show he did crazy poo poo.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Jim Miller getting off to a quick start on this!

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm surprised Miller didn't go for that armbar. Mount was the safer choice but dude loves attacking.

I guess if he was going to give up the position he wanted to do it looking for a mounted triangle

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Jim Miller is looking really good in this fight. I thought Castillo looked a little lost in the second, like he was just hunting for the one headkick or overhand that would change the course of the fight, while Jim is picking him apart.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
walk-off TKO

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Food Court Druid posted:

Maybe Joe thought Gomi tapped? His arm was kind of flailing against the mat there.

I thought it looked more like Gomi went limp under him and Lauzon knew he was out just from feeling the resistance disappear

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

fatherdog posted:

Is Miesha's nose bleeding already

she's getting lit up bad already, she needs a takedown

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Mean Bean Machine posted:

ive always liked eye's striking

yeah her striking looks really tight

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
oh god that lead rear uppercut Miesha attempted, so bad :(

e: WHAT?!

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
that's so ridiculous, Eye boxes her up easily all round then in the last minute Miesha connects a really hard jab and a hard right hand a bit later and she just drops like somebody hit her with a baseball bat
since when did Miesha have that power?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Was that enough for Tate to steal the round? She hurt Eye real bad and finished on top with GnP.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Northjayhawk posted:

Yeah, this is 20-18 Tate. Eye needs a finish

Tate is usually the fresher fighter in later rounds, too. Eye got off to a really great start but this is looking bad for her

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Early on it looked Dillashaw was exchanging with Barao on more equal terms than in the first fight, where he wasn't really giving him any chances

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Dillashaw is content to stay right in front of Barao a lot more this time which worries me, but he's still winning handily.

Yeah, he wasn't as mobile or cutting as many angles as in the first fight, but it sounds like he got yelled at in his corner between rounds and he's cleaning it up a bit now

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

The hallmark of a true champion

It's actually kind of neat how he does it, because he only grabs it when he's dirty boxing. he grabs the fence, throws some punches with his right, then lets go again
pro offensive fence grabs

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
It's sort of weird but it looks like Barao made basically no adjustments to his game since the first fight, like he was just going to do the same exact thing as in the first fight that he badly lost

I guess he's trying more takedowns?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

PaganGoatPants posted:

I can't tell if TJ is tired or just Stylin

He was breathing pretty hard that round. Barao caught him with some good knees to the body early on so TJ might have lost a little wind

However, Barao is pretty much dead

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
this is it

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
list of best TKOs
1. Leg Kick TKO
2. Standing TKO
3. TKO (retirement)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

fatherdog posted:

That was a beautiful finish and it was amazing how long TJ just kept throwing, I think that was like fifteen punches in a row and he didn't pause or miss once

He actually missed a straight left near the end of the sequence but he just used it to push Barao's head over into the path of a huge right uppercut

• Locked thread