Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stitch be back in to work the UFC?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 8.93%
No 19 33.93%
If he does I hope he brings my dad back from buying cigarettes 32 57.14%
Total: 56 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Jim Miller is another guy who has been getting worn down a lot in recent fights. A few years ago he would have no problem with Danny Castillo but these days he might lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lamadrid posted:

Duane basically said every dude in Sacramento except TJ has no will and work ethic to be a champion.Also took a few potshots against Mendez.

Well I mean, I dunno what the facts are but it sure seems like TAM had more success when Duane was at the helm instead of Kampmann currently.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Holy poo poo I should have bet waaaay more money on Zak Cummings. I remember fatherdog saying he's a pretty decent fighter a while ago and didn't show it on TUF (I believe, could be wrong), but jesus.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that kind of sucks for Duke. She'd have a great shot of finishing the bout if it were a 5 rounder

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

fatherdog posted:

That's gotta be a really depressing way to lose, being seconds away from finishing.

Yep. If the fight were in reverse it would have been Duke going for a tons of takedowns and submissions in round 1, with Philips overtaking her in rounds 2 and 3. Instead it was too little too late for Duke and she had probably the best round of her "UFC career" and now she's gonna get cut.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Wow. I don't agree, but great fight none-the-less.

People can disagree with me but I think all 3 fights have been great so far. Duke vs Philips had a cruddy round 2 but 1 and 3 were good.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

awesome finish. James Krause's hype train got derailed and I always thought he deserved better.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Marching Powder posted:

i can't remember why i used to think cruickshank is good but he's loving awful.

He's not bad. His fight with Yves Edwards was cool and he's had some great knockouts.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Marching Powder posted:

we just watched that fight together yeah?

Yep and that totally erased the rest of his 10 UFC fights.

Either you're joking or you really are that guy who says "he always sucked" after a guy loses that everyone rags on all the time. Don't be that guy.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Marching Powder posted:

i posit that he belongs in the 'entertaining' column rather than the 'good' one

I agree but you originally said he was "loving awful" which is what I took issue with before lmao.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lloyd Boner posted:

It would really suck if Barao wins

The only good thing is I guess they could go ahead and do the immediate trilogy fight on free TV again. Barao vs Assuncao would do worse than some Mighty Mouse PPVs.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Marching Powder posted:

.... I guess I'll say it. TJ fought a worse fight the second time round and dominated harder, which is weird. He got hit a shitload to the body, and everywhere in general, because he was cutting less angles. But his flicker jab and absolute disdain for renans hands allowed him to do this, but those leg kicks he let Renan hit were worrying me.

I don't think that's crazy at all to say. TJ kept a slower pace than the first fight, didn't cut as many angles, was slightly too confident, got tagged more, and STILL finished Barao quicker.

TJ fought an excellent fight but I do hope he's a little less "loose" and more business against whoever he fights next.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

TJ Dillashaw is going to run out of opponents quicker than Mighty Mouse. Especially if they never get Faber to fight him.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Sterling and Almeida are decent upcomers but it really is just Cruz and possibly Assuncao who could maybe challenge TJ. He's really going to need Faber to agree to the fight, Frankie to drop down, or Mighty Mouse to move up if he wants to sell anybody on a match in a year. I like Francisco Rivera after his last couple of fights but he's not much better than "Chris Cariaso in the main event?" level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

my advice for barao would be don't ever fight tj dillashaw again

my advice to Barao is first to become a plumber's apprentice

• Locked thread