Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hrvstmn31 posted:

The Roundabout run I've watched it three times it's that good.

pls do not encourage studio and his bad choice in games to run

Captain Invictus posted:

What does cucking have to do with speedrunning? Do I even want to know?

only the funniest moment of any of these streams has to do with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

What does cucking have to do with speedrunning? Do I even want to know?

Some speedrunner's wife got caught subscribing to another runner's channel

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Holy poo poo that Gauntlet NES run was intense

What a fucker of a game

Looper posted:

Some speedrunner's wife got caught subscribing to another runner's channel

Haha

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that isn't what happened, cap invictus.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The real story is that at an event some speedrunner went to bed early one night and his wife got drunk and had a bunch of other speedrunners run a train on her including like his best friend or whatever.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder if they have speed strats for sex

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jibo posted:

The real story is that at an event some speedrunner went to bed early one night and his wife got drunk and had a bunch of other speedrunners run a train on her including like his best friend or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06rW7LSUQ80

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Jibo posted:

This was shortly after, immediately following their wedding, the two did a month-long nonstop pokemon livestream on twitch during which at least one of them was always on screen

you couldn't write this poo poo if you tried

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Those were the same people? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Jibo posted:

I wonder if it was tool assisted

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fawf posted:

This was shortly after, immediately following their wedding, the two did a month-long nonstop pokemon livestream on twitch during which at least one of them was always on screen

you couldn't write this poo poo if you tried

18 year old morons living witht hey grandma

lol meant to write mormons oops

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 7, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I wonder if it was tool assisted

:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i didnt really hear about any frebreze stories from this last one which is kinda sad

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Eonwe posted:

also i didnt really hear about any frebreze stories from this last one which is kinda sad

Do tell

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

18 year old morons living witht hey grandma

lol meant to write mormons oops

Eh. Both are true.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"If Mike/Breakdown/Flip decide you smell, they have the right to Febreze you; if you refuse, they have the right to tell you to get out and don't come back until you take a drat shower."

its an actual rule i guess they had to make, and have enforced before

a guy on another message board I go to claimed to have been febreezed, apparently he went hiking for multiple days and came there and didnt shower here was his own take on it

"Mike Uyama Febreeze story is mostly true but it was an odor that could not be cleansed by shower. What my cowardly attackers omit, is that they knew that I had been hiking in the mountains for days. The only reason Mike Uyama caught any big whiff, was because I had popped my shoes off for 2 minutes to relax after being awake for 20 hours (and few nerds understand what its like to have hiked 20 miles in a few days).
They knew it was my shoes that smelled. Also, I resolved the issue with doctor Schoals odor pads and new socks from wal-mart today, instead of old soaked hiking socks. I definitely did not stink today."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A lot of workplaces and public buildings have similar rules, they're just almost never enforced because rarely do people smell that bad.

A coworker of mine is always filthy and smells like rancid milk so I try to avoid him whenever possible, he's been asked to leave the premises and take a shower before returning before, it happens. And honestly, treat the people around you with a little respect, do your best to mask your filth stench so they don't have to suffer it.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Eonwe posted:

"If Mike/Breakdown/Flip decide you smell, they have the right to Febreze you; if you refuse, they have the right to tell you to get out and don't come back until you take a drat shower."

a guy on another message board I go to claimed to have been febreezed, apparently he went hiking for multiple days and came there and didnt shower here was his own take on it

"Mike Uyama Febreeze story is mostly true but it was an odor that could not be cleansed by shower. What my cowardly attackers omit, is that they knew that I had been hiking in the mountains for days. The only reason Mike Uyama caught any big whiff, was because I had popped my shoes off for 2 minutes to relax after being awake for 20 hours (and few nerds understand what its like to have hiked 20 miles in a few days).
They knew it was my shoes that smelled. Also, I resolved the issue with doctor Schoals odor pads and new socks from wal-mart today, instead of old soaked hiking socks. I definitely did not stink today."

502?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Eonwe posted:

I don't if you're mocking the rule or the people that brought it into existence, but you'd understand why it exists if you've been to a gaming convention. I didn't encounter anything at SGDQ this year, but I've definitely been around smelly people at PAX. Many gamers aren't great at being social, and that includes non-verbal things like taking showers. To put it condescendingly, when mom's not around someone else needs to remind them to take a shower. Like that hiking guy.

loving nerds.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

yea

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ColdPie posted:

I don't if you're mocking the rule or the people that brought it into existence, but you'd understand why it exists if you've been to a gaming convention. I didn't encounter anything at SGDQ this year, but I've definitely been around smelly people at PAX. Many gamers aren't great at being social, and that includes non-verbal things like taking showers. To put it condescendingly, when mom's not around someone else needs to remind them to take a shower. Like that hiking guy.

loving nerds.

the people that brought it into existence obviously

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i mean it shouldnt have to be a rule and the fact that it was necessary is hilarious

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!
I mean looking like poo poo is one thing, but smelling like it? Yeah that's a necessary enforcement.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like how the guy thinks it's just his shoes when he's been hiking for days and not showering. also yeah you should probably change your shoes too nerdlinger.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Goddamn how do you go hiking and not want to shower afterward? That's like the best part, the steam and hot water healing your tired body.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Some people don't want to experience bliss, just share misery.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Goddamn how do you go hiking and not want to shower afterward? That's like the best part, the steam and hot water healing your tired body.

but someone is playing video games fast, that is more important that basic bodily functions

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

going on a multi-day hike, getting home, showering and then collapsing in bed is awesome and everyone should do it as often as they can

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there a more entertaining speedrunner than PJ? He brings so much enthusiasm and goofiness to every run I've ever seen him do, whether it be him running it or on the couch commentating.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the only guy at pj level is big jon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't know of him, has he run at gdq before?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't know of him, has he run at gdq before?

he ran Mario 2 at both SGDQ nd AGDQ this year

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

he ran Mario 2 at both SGDQ nd AGDQ this year

Ohhh poo poo, right, he owns. Looking forward to seeing that sgdq run of Mario 2, is that the only thing he's ever run? That's s shame, he's awesome.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
he also runs Golf for the NES (and other golf games I think?) but he hasn't run them at a GDQ

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
NES Open, not Golf, but close enough. He does some other stuff, mostly Blaster Master and some early Megaman games

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Captain Invictus posted:

Is there a more entertaining speedrunner than PJ? He brings so much enthusiasm and goofiness to every run I've ever seen him do, whether it be him running it or on the couch commentating.

PJ's the only speedrunner I've ever even considered subscribing to. He's just very entertaining and has a great attitude about things. He is also the reincarnation of Wolfgang Pauli.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Violently Car posted:

PJ's the only speedrunner I've ever even considered subscribing to. He's just very entertaining and has a great attitude about things. He is also the reincarnation of Wolfgang Pauli.

Yeah, tell me about it. I just finished the Gauntlet 2014 run and it's a cavalcade of weird technical issues. And then the mention of a fundraising marathon led me to this playlist, and, well, that's just swell.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, tell me about it. I just finished the Gauntlet 2014 run and it's a cavalcade of weird technical issues. And then the mention of a fundraising marathon led me to this playlist, and, well, that's just swell.

Follow him on Twitter and get near-daily stories about poo poo just falling apart or going wrong near him.

https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/640627384329314304
https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/639191861400334336
https://twitter.com/TheSuperSNES/status/617545280330854400

And so on.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

he also runs Golf for the NES (and other golf games I think?) but he hasn't run them at a GDQ
I've started watching his stream after AGDQ, and he also hosts a Price is Right game he programmed himself where random viewers are the contestants. I also want him to host/announce for IRL Price is Right, because he's loving amazing and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder what the percentage of people who donated thought this was for cancer research.

• Locked thread