Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

dis astranagant posted:

That is one ugly Ecco shirt.

it's fine.
do you plan on complaining about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Eh, I'll be honest personally in saying I don't like it as much as most of the other designs, but my opinion's sort of moot, and it is, after all, just an opinion. Especially loving that Animal Buddies shirt, though.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

yo it's at a super inconvenient time but if you don't watch the Roundabout cutscene% run you are going to miss what is guaranteed to be one of the highlights of the stream, even before you take into account the commentary

Is Medibot going to be there doing Jeffery? I remember him saying he'd try to get there but can't find confirmation

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Moatman posted:

Is Medibot going to be there doing Jeffery? I remember him saying he'd try to get there but can't find confirmation

Jeffrey will be there, voice provided via Skype

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

How the gently caress do we have an Ecco run without Blueglass?

That is just mean.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Rorus Raz posted:

How the gently caress do we have an Ecco run without Blueglass?

That is just mean.

The guy they have this time has better times, streams pretty regularly and seems more consistent. He's also pretty chill. The possibility of an Ecco run that doesn't choke and completely blow its estimate is nice.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 26, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Man I am loving hype for Trihex even though this is like the third or fourth time watching him play Yoshi's island at a gdq

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
As is tradition, A VODs thread has been put up on Reddit.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
after the blueglass run it was 100% 'wtf why is this guy running the game he sucks' as well as a bunch of people on the SDA forums calling the run out because he was going to go over his time estimate and finished the game with the debug level select.

that's what happens when you spend an ungodly amount of hours on Ecco the Dolphin

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Blueglass will be there. Maybe he'll be piercing our eardrums from the couch.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Any good Twitter people to follow for this? The more nerd drama the better.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Tug Migroin posted:

The Yetee put up the SGDQ shirts if anyone is interested. http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq

Oh god I want that DKC Animal Buddies shirt.

Don't think I'll be able to catch most of this though, which is a shame. But I'll try to tune in to whatever's cool.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

yo it's at a super inconvenient time but if you don't watch the Roundabout cutscene% run you are going to miss what is guaranteed to be one of the highlights of the stream, even before you take into account the commentary

If I catch no other runs this SGDQ, I will be watching this :swoon:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I just re-checked the schedule and I'll miss Big Jon :smith:

Well, unless the schedule gets 3 hours behind by then, which is a distinct possibility.

e: oh wait it'd need to be 9 and a half hours behind, welp

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Peaches playing Toejam & Earl should be really good.

Tasbot playing Ikaruga :stare:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Sir Tonk posted:

Tasbot playing Ikaruga :stare:

Gonna watch this so hard.

So what is the point of starting SGDQ with a 3 hour game? It kinda feels like it defeats the "done fast" part of the name. I get that it IS faster than the regular game but it is still 3 dang hours long. I feel like I tune completely out immediately when I see that kind of thing, and I know I'm not the only one, especially when followed by enormous blocks of the same character. I would be curious to see if the tournament would be better off if there weren't giant blocks of games but games scattered all over.

Also 3 games for a "spooky block"? Weak.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ramadu posted:

So what is the point of starting SGDQ with a 3 hour game? It kinda feels like it defeats the "done fast" part of the name. I get that it IS faster than the regular game but it is still 3 dang hours long. I feel like I tune completely out immediately when I see that kind of thing, and I know I'm not the only one, especially when followed by enormous blocks of the same character. I would be curious to see if the tournament would be better off if there weren't giant blocks of games but games scattered all over.

its because its trihex and he brings a lot of hype (can you wait to hear the word hype like, 10000 times? get ready) and its a good and fun run and even at 3 hours he is basically making GBS threads on a game that takes a lot longer for a casual person

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Even if it's a 3 hour game the couch and runner are very high energy. And trihex is really good at 100% again, he did some hundo times gravity training recently.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I'm looking forward to the Freedom Planet Lilac% race myself, Freedom Planet is a super good speedgame that is really bizarrely slept on for how hard it encourages the pursuit of fast.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tug Migroin posted:

The Yetee put up the SGDQ shirts if anyone is interested. http://www.theyetee.com/sgdq

Dang, no Kari Fry shirts this year. She always designed the best one each time.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rirse posted:

This is the first year where I see no shirts I REALLY want. Shadows is cool I guess, and I'd wear the SGDQ 2015 one, but I don't think I'd readily drop money on anything I'm seeing here.

Then again AGDQ had Pacific Rim Tetris, which was a late addition and a great shirt so who knows.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Are they bringing accordion guy back, that's the most important yoshis island question

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
Is the Kevin guy from the Tetris block going to be there? Didn't he have some health scare recently? I hope he's all recovered and can make it. His enthusiasm helped to make that segment great.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

xamphear posted:

Is the Kevin guy from the Tetris block going to be there? Didn't he have some health scare recently? I hope he's all recovered and can make it. His enthusiasm helped to make that segment great.

He is there along with 2 of the best Japanese TGM players.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Rirse posted:

There is a Kary Fry shirt...

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Oh wow so that's gonna be a thing? People will lose their minds.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ

HUMAN FISH posted:

Any local goons around who could go to the hotel and measure how wide the hotel hallways and door frames are

You can split up your hundred trays of beer and get through just fine!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Oh gently caress I didn't know this. No one should miss this as it may be the best thing at SGDQ.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ramadu posted:

I'm not a fan of longer runs myself, but Trihex doing Yoshi's Island is always a popular run for GDQ and I guess they wanted to kick things off with something like that.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Those are some pretty cool shirts. That sonic one is just silly and I love it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm glad Trihex is good at 100% again and is doing the first run, it should be really good. Probably gonna grab at least the Chrono shirt and maybe the Shadow or Sonic shirts.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't know how blindfolded yoshi's island could ever be topped tbh

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

MVP posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SamandTolki/

it's funny that reddit didn't get rid of this thing

The SGDQ shirt is cool, Sonic Popsicle is coo, I kinda want that "Congraturation" shirt but I could never wear that outside since it'd probably be seen as racist. Also the Castlevania shirt would be much better as a poster.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

legoman727 posted:

Those are some pretty cool shirts. That sonic one is just silly and I love it.

The Sonic one, and the Tetris/Pacific Rim one from last year are made by forums member zari-gani, who is also one of the primary translators on the SA-GCCX project. She's crazy talented.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Is there going to be another GDQ Humble Bundle?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

xamphear posted:

The Sonic one, and the Tetris/Pacific Rim one from last year are made by forums member zari-gani, who is also one of the primary translators on the SA-GCCX project. She's crazy talented.

She should be proud of making the only two good shirts in the last two GDQs. (yeah I said it)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Jibo posted:

She should be proud of making the only two good shirts in the last two GDQs. (yeah I said it)

Which ones were they?
I purchased three shirts last time and two the time before, there's gotta be one of hers among them.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Anyone tired of this mortal coil?

Suicide pact: Take a drink every time you hear the announcer or runner say 'hype'

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Ramadu posted:

Also, if you haven't watched 100% Yoshi's Island 2 before you really should check it out, even if you don't watch the whole thing. It's not three hours long because of 10 minute cutscenes or segments of flying over levels, it's pretty much all ridiculous tricks from start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

IGgy IGsen posted:

Which ones were they?
I purchased three shirts last time and two the time before, there's gotta be one of hers among them.

The ones I quoted, the Tetris one and the Sonic one for this current event. I don't know if I'm just getting old or if the shirt designs are getting worse but I've thought the last two batches of shirts have been pretty abysmal.

• Locked thread