Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Minions are also golden memes. That has to be the level beyond super-saiyan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Is that... Is that a DBZ shirt?

Well, this is a better run!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, 80k viewers in the first half hour.

Rorus Raz posted:

This is a stupid as hell complaint, but I kinda miss the milliseconds on the timer.

There's space, it can probably be added.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Sorry, I don't know if I just missed this or what, but can someone link the Goon IRC chat for this?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

https://github.com/bastimeyer/livestreamer-twitch-gui/releases

This should be in the OP beside livestreamer. Less command line for the technically challenged or the lazy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

This is a stupid as hell complaint, but I kinda miss the milliseconds on the timer.
I knew I wasn't the only one disappointed with this.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
sorry trihex you're not a good commentator

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cerepol posted:

https://github.com/bastimeyer/livestreamer-twitch-gui/releases

This should be in the OP beside livestreamer. Less command line for the technically challenged or the lazy.

What even is this?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

swag swag swag swag

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

MVP posted:

sorry trihex you're not a good commentator
but he is

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Good first world.

Anyone know how long the shirts are up for to purchase?

I'm considering getting a few, and do they change day-to-day?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Why is it nobody actually tested the donation display workflow

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
5 lashes for anyone who uses the word 'swag' going forward

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The Kins posted:

The HTML5 player still uses Flash for the actual video itself, because it's a WIP.
No it doesn't. As part of the preliminary rollout, a few channels have flash video with HTML5 controls, but the full HTML5 player is available using a properly formatted URL. This is easily confirmed by the fact that those channels won't work on devices without flash support, but using the HTML5 player URL will.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 26, 2015

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Guy isn't channeling the power of his goku shirt very well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Zorglorfian posted:

Good first world.

Anyone know how long the shirts are up for to purchase?

I'm considering getting a few, and do they change day-to-day?
The shirts are up for the whole marathon.

They do not change, but in recent years if something special happens they add new shirts (Tetris shirt last marathon and last year they added a kill the animals shirt after the fire alarm)

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Well poo poo, SGDQ luck strikes again. :doh:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Runners need to chill over making the odd mistake, their 'oops I hosed up every cool trick on every level!' speed is still 2348923489x faster than joe casual player.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Little Mac posted:

What even is this?

Basically a GUI for Livestreamer with a twitch channel browser. Useful if you want to skip the batch file or just find a random stream, or want to change options etc.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Trihex making 0 :10bux: for the doctors :smith:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Ramadu posted:

They are getting some donations, its not updating yet.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Ramadu posted:

They probably have $25,000 already their tracker is just always bad.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Every time I watch Yoshi's Island I'm kinda floored by how stupid technical the game is.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Helter Skelter posted:

No it doesn't. As part of the preliminary rollout, a few channels have flash video with HTML5 controls, but the full HTML5 player is available using a properly formatted URL. This is easily confirmed by the fact that those channels won't work on mobile devices without flash support, but using the HTML5 player URL will.
Except it still loads flash in desktop browsers and won't work without it. Maybe on your mobile device (iOS?) it works because twitch has supported HLS streaming for a while. I tested http://player.twitch.tv/?channel=gamesdonequick just now on my Android tablet and nothing happened.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

victrix posted:

Runners need to chill over making the odd mistake, their 'oops I hosed up every cool trick on every level!' speed is still 2348923489x faster than joe casual player.

It's habit really. For a while I really got into making high scores in Pac-Man CE DX and my fiance got real sick of how often I talked about how bad I was during runs :v: I didn't even notice until he pointed it out.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dias posted:

Every time I watch Yoshi's Island I'm kinda floored by how stupid technical the game is.

I'm just constantly amazed by how well the game has aged in basically every single way.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Is it me or is the quality of this stream way better than previous ones, just in terms of framerate and smoothness? Did they get better tech or something?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm just constantly amazed by how well the game has aged in basically every single way.

That too, it looks two generations ahead of its time.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It's nice to see that the speed running marathon is still sponsored by Something Autistic.net.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Random Stranger posted:

It's nice to see that the speed running marathon is still sponsored by Something Autistic.net.

poo poo, I forgot to add "tons of Something AUTISIC.net LOL JOKES" to my list of things to expect from SGDQ.

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I'm totally gay for Trihex.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I feel like this guy would be doing better if he didn't have to explain all of his insane tricks while simultaneously performing them.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I feel like this guy would be doing better if he didn't have to explain all of his insane tricks while simultaneously performing them.

He brought along another guy who knows things, but doesn't seem to want to commentate unless pressed.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The diagonal stripes on solid colors is a result of a cheap RGB cable, right?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*watches stream of people playing videogames* Haha, Autism

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
everyone description is ridiculous swag or like you get really loving dumb running video games all day

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Internet Kraken posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzy-sAAizE

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I think my favorite (longer) runs are almost always with a good couch commentator, leaving the runner to focus.

There are definitely some exceptions, but it just doesn't work having the guy trying to do crazy technical tricks and explain them at the same time, a couch dude can focus on the whole level, let you know what's coming, set up some expectation (for failure), etcetc.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

What a terrible opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment