Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

I think you'll find that the free market supplies the finest dank :smugdog:

Actually, it's the Federal Government

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compassionate_Investigational_New_Drug_program

Checkmate again, libertarians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

potato of destiny posted:

KILL YOU'RE FATHER

drone strike you are father if he robs a liquor store

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

This tells me John Huntsman was one of the better presidents that never was.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
President Rand Paul responding to a drone bombing a farmhouse in rural Texas.

Media: President Paul could you please explain why you destroyed a farmhouse full of children?

PP: Well, we had actionable intelligence that terrorists were trying to smuggle dangerous *cough* ᵃᵇᵒʳᵗᶦᵒᶰ *cough* equipment into the state and but I couldn't get a warrant and I am not about to violate privacy rights.

Media: *Nods in agreement at the legal argument*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

El Scotch posted:

Jon Huntsman would have been a perfectly acceptable President, which is of course the exact reason he didn't last a millisecond in the primaries.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Is there anything we know for sure about why Ron has been so cold to Rand recently? Or is this is just something they do?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Zas posted:

Is there anything we know for sure about why Ron has been so cold to Rand recently? Or is this is just something they do?

they are both sociopaths

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I was hoping Rand would do better than the other Republicans just because he's a dissident within the party but his campaign is poorly managed and is in chaos

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

El Scotch posted:

He was the only adult at the table during the 2012 Primaries. Naturally the petulant children screamed at him until he left.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

I can't tell if that's a photoshop of Ron Paul on the right or Gandalf.

Also could be a photoshop of Jean-Luc Picard instead of Ron Paul TBH.

OP please help.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zas posted:

I'm guessing Ron wanted to keep running for Prez, but Rand decided that his time was now, and pulled some family poo poo to make Ron back down from another run that would schism their own voter base. It's the very first idea that comes to mind. For sure? Nah, we'll never know anything for sure unless a close staffer decides to write a book.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Scary news for the Ran Paul campaign, looks like one of his biggest Super PACs violated a bevy of laws.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/rand-paul-2016-jesse-benton-super-pac-121034.html#ixzz3hxhB6Gl8

quote:

Jesse Benton, a longtime aide to the younger Paul who’s now helming a super PAC supporting the Kentucky Republican’s 2016 presidential bid, faces charges of conspiracy, obstructing an investigation, submitting false campaign finance reports to the Federal Election Commission and making false statements to the FBI. Two other operatives, John Tate and Dimitrios Kesari, also face charges connected to the alleged payoff.

According to the Justice Department, the three operatives paid more than $70,000 — concealed as legitimate campaign expenditures — to then-state Sen. Kent Sorenson in order to shift his support from Rep. Michele Bachmann to the elder Paul. Sorenson made his switch public on Dec. 28, 2011, in Des Moines. The three operatives also coached Sorenson to lie when asked if he was offered money for his support, according to the indictment.

Welp.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

rotinaj posted:

I'm guessing Ron wanted to keep running for Prez, but Rand decided that his time was now, and pulled some family poo poo to make Ron back down from another run that would schism their own voter base. It's the very first idea that comes to mind. For sure? Nah, we'll never know anything for sure unless a close staffer decides to write a book.

It's too bad because Rand is like a lovely pampered version of his dad.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

rarepaul :eyepop:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Rand Paul had a town hall meeting in Seattle. Only 500 people showed up:

quote:

The crowd of about 500 felt small in the sun-blasted auditorium at Town Hall, which holds more than twice that many. I expected to see row upon row of cane-shaking elderly people in cowboy boots lining the pews. Though there was a little bit of that, the crowd was a mix of ages, and there were not zero people of color (though I'd be surprised if there were a dozen). After the rally, however, a woman in the lobby did a bit of freelance demography: “Here’s your crowd recap: There’s no waiting in the ladies' room, and a line out the door for the men’s.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
alot of men who were never hugged as kids

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
also :gay:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

do libertarians ever get depressed when they fail at stuff like this because its the market god rejecting them

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Who Is Rand Paul?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

seiferguy posted:

I gave a man $5 in bitcoin to suck me off in this bathroom, AMA.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I gave a man $5 in bitcoin to suck me off in this bathroom, AMA.

Rand Paul bringing people together

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Nonsense posted:

Who Is Rand Paul?

He's a bit of a bitch.

Also a clown.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Ron Paul's internal monologue, 50 years ago with his future wife: "This is one amazing gal. Petite at 5'2, gorgeous curly hair. She's not as smart as me, but it's 50 years ago so that's how a woman should be."

Present day, watching his son's speech as his eyes widen with dawning realization: "Shiiiit."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Thump! posted:

He's a bit of a bitch.

Also a clown.

I think this is up there with John Wayne Gacy for "clown makeup that is done in a serial killer way". Too many sharp edges and that mouth is horrifying.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Something I must have missed but have seen repeated forum references to; what's the rand paul-toy telephone connection?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Groper posted:

Something I must have missed but have seen repeated forum references to; what's the rand paul-toy telephone connection?

Just goddamn look at the fucker

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The Groper posted:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I used to remember there being a popcorn vacuum that had a really jolly face like his. I can't find a picture of it anywhere sadly.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Someone should tell Paul about the right to an attorney next time he compares healthcare to slavery.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rand is going to be at my school for a campaign stop in the near future. His campaign is so dead in the water I don't think it's worth missing class to potentially make fun of him to his face briefly before being ejected.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Casimir Radon posted:

Rand is going to be at my school for a campaign stop in the near future. His campaign is so dead in the water I don't think it's worth missing class to potentially make fun of him to his face briefly before being ejected.

if you're an undergrad then it is absolutely worth missing class

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

The Groper posted:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Have you guys Googled Rand Paul?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

What is happening to his mouth?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

zeal posted:

if you're an undergrad then it is absolutely worth missing class
The teacher of the class that I'd miss factors attendance in pretty heavily. I had a few sick days at the start of the semester due a longlasting cold, but they're not excused because I didn't go to the doctor specifically for them. So while it would be funny to suggest that since he's so concerned about Benghazi we should dig up Reagan's corpse and hold a Cadaver Synod over the Beirut Barracks bombing, I probably wouldn't get the chance to anyway and would potentially drop my grade a little. Now if it was Huckabee or Walker I'd probably take that chance because I hate them just that much, and the idea of Walker vistiting a college is just soooo funny.

I'd also like to know just how many students are in this supposed Students for Rand group. The College Republicans only have about 30 members, and if Paul is only polling from 2-4 percent....

Galaxy Pig
Dec 20, 2012
I have a very vocal Rand Paul supporter at my job. Poor kid. You can tell he just discovered politics like a few years ago. Just like with Ron Paul supporters, I always find a way of politely pointing out the fact that he would never be elected on the coldest day in hell. And sure enough, he essentially acknowledges the hopelessness, but hits me with one of those "If everybody just..." statements:

"If everybody just OPENED THEIR EYES!"
"If everybody just LOOKED AT THE FACTS!"
"If everybody just STOPPED BEING SUCH IGNORANT LIBTARDS!"

This kind of wishful thinking depresses me. I guess he just needs a few more years on the planet Earth to familiarize himself with the human species.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Libertarianism is almost as retarded as communism.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Exclamation Marx posted:

Remember Ron Paul? He was the Bernie Sanders of 2008 & 2012. He also gave the world a son, Dr. Randal Howard "Rand" Paul, who is running to become PotUS!
How exciting!

You are my favorite mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Immortan posted:

Libertarianism is almost as retarded as communism.

You troll, but the 'withering away of the state' really is as far fetched as the libertarian utopia is.

• Locked thread