Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

At some point during S2, a Teen Wolf thread was made. It carried on for a while, until it sadly died around S4. However, season 5 has begun (and Season 6 already has been freaking announced), I'm doing it instead. Why a low-life goon like me has too do it, I don't know. Either way, lets recap shall we?

Recap: Scott has finally defeated Peter, sending him to Eichen House's supernatural wing. A mysterious inmate within Eichen House known as Valack was introduced, and he seemingly has a third eye upon his forehead. Malia Tate rejected her true biological father of Peter Hale, and remained part of the pack, while basically being Stiles girlfriend. Lydia kept on having traumatizing events, which seems to be her thing. Allison is still dead. Stiles has a girlfriend, and is more sane then he was in S3, Kira is still learning to use her powers and is Scott's girlfriend, Peter is still nuts, Kate Argent is still around somewhere, Derek has completed his character arc and will not be in S5. And Parrish still doesn't know what he is. And that's your Teen Wolf S4 recap!

The Classic Pack
The only currently surviving members of the original S1 Pack

Scott McCall

After all the events of S1-to S4, Scott has become far more responsible, mature, and respectful. While he is still is known to be slightly naive and very idealistic, Scott's natural ability to lead a group of misfits, plus his growing confidence in his own leadership, have made him a very strong Alpha.

Stiles Stilinski

Scott's best friend, [Tumblr]'s favorite, Stiles is still as cynical as before. Now days he's worried about how graduating from highschool will split the pack up.

Lydia Martin

Once best friend to Allison, this genius banshee has more horror (as usual) awaiting her, as it seems in the near future, she will be trapped within Eichen House. Snarky, and incrediblly strong willed, this girl has survived everything. Lets hope this season won't kill her just yet.

The New Members
The new Pack members, who joined in later seasons.

Kira Yukimura

A kitsune introduced in S3, she is a lightning kitsune and is slowly growing into her powers. She is currently Scott's girlfriend. She's very perky, but is incredibly dangerous with a sword.

Liam Dunbar
Introduced in S4, Liam is Scott's new beta, and he is very loyal, has a bit of temper, etc. He hasn't gotten much of a character. Lets hope this season changes that.

Jordan Parrish (?)

Introduced in S3, Parrish is a unknown supernatural creature, even to himself. Yet this season it seems we will learn of his supernatural origins..

Malia Tate

Introduced, in S3, Malia is the biological daughter of Peter Hale, and was raised by the Tate Family. After all the tramua in her life, it seems all that's left to uncover is the identity of the Desert Wolf.

The Parents of the Pack

Sheriff Stilinski

The father of Stiles, the Sheriff only recently learned of the supernatural, but is rolling with the punches. Competent, intelligent, and awesome, the Sheriff rules.

Melissa McCall

Scott's mother. Even after the tramua of learning her son's supernatural nature, she still remains incredbily supportive of her son.

Alan Deaton

Originally the Druid Emissary to the Hale Pack, Deaton has become a form of a father figure to Scott, assisting him whenever he can. Mysterious, calculating, and above all else inscrutable, Deaton is to be respected as an intelligent member outside of the Pack.

Known Acquaintances (Dead or Alive)

Aiden( He's the dead one. )

Aiden was once a werewolf of the Alpha Pack. He died stopping the Oni, but in S5 he has returned, by being one of Lydia's hallucinations in Eichen House in EP 1 of S5

Mason Hewitt

Mason is to Liam, as Stiles is to Scott. Mason is good friends with Liam. After the events with the Berserkers in S4, Mason became a bit obsessed with the supernatural. He has recently learned of Liam's supernatural nature, and thinks it's very cool. He also thanks to most recent episode, reached Danny awesome status.

Brett Talbot

]Brett Talbot is a born werewolf and a member of Satomi Ito's pack. He was once a lacrosse teamate of Liam's and still has issue's with him.

And what is Teen Wolf without our newest villains?

“In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later they emerge transformed wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists known only as the Dread Doctors.” - The back cover of the book written by Dr.Valack

The Dread Doctors are our new monsters for S5. They also apparently may last beyond S5, if interviews with Jeff Davis are correct. Currently in S5, the Dread Doctors are creating chimera's, literally combining any creature they can into a living human host. In the most recent episode, the inmate known as Dr.Valack explained they were scientists who worshiped the supernatural. They found their secrets in electromagnetic forces that allowed them to prolong their lives, give them power and most importantly making you forget you ever saw them. Valack wrote a book to try to trigger lost memories of said doctors. They currently seem to be trying to create something out these chimera's, but kill them if they consider their condition "terminal".

The Surgeon

He is the one who seems to be the leader of the Doctors. Or at least the most talkative currently. He was the one who killed their first experiment seen onscreen, and was the one who injected Tracy.

The Pathologist

Nothing is known so far. Will update once more info is known.

The Geneticist

Nothing is known about this character so far. Will update once more info is known.

[Teen Wolf Live Commentary Archive]
Two people, one who's seen every season, and someone who hasn't seen any, watch and commentate over the entire series, starting from season 1. This is gonna be good

Season 1 Commentaries
EP 1:Wolf Moon

Now that I've wasted my time making a lovely Teen Wolf S5 OP, I'm gonna go to sleep, as the caffeine rush that inspired me to do this, is about to run off. See ya.

Logical1234 fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
:science: ~Hell yeah new thread~

I'm liking the season so far. I mean, the last season set the bar pretty low, but so far the episodes are all pretty interesting and well-executed and the plots/events/characterizations are flowing logically one after the other. I hope they continue to keep things fairly straightforward and linear instead of mucking it up with weird labyrinthine "twists."

Also I'm glad that there are gay werescorpions in this world.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

:science: ~Hell yeah new thread~

I'm liking the season so far. I mean, the last season set the bar pretty low, but so far the episodes are all pretty interesting and well-executed and the plots/events/characterizations are flowing logically one after the other. I hope they continue to keep things fairly straightforward and linear instead of mucking it up with weird labyrinthine "twists."

Also I'm glad that there are gay werescorpions in this world.

Finally a response. Honestly, I don't hate Season 4 as much as the rest of TW fandom seems too. I do hate that S4 was considered so bad by the goons of the SA Forums that it killed the original TW thread.

The main reason I don't hate S4 as much as others do, is the same reason I don't hate S3 of Arrow as much as others do. It's mostly my method of critique.

Here's how I review anything.

I review the story as a concept, just the barebones plot points and characters arcs, then I review the show's actual execution of said story concept.

For S3 of Arrow, it was about Oliver deciding who he was above all else, Oliver Queen, or the Vigilante. Arrow S3 spoilers: In the end he realized the choice was meaningless, as the vigilante was Oliver Queen, and decided to be with Felicity The concept is there. The execution sucked BADLY however.

For S4 of Teen Wolf, the entire concept, stated by interviews with Jeff Davis, and was even narratively foreshadowed by Dr.Deaton in S3's finale with his explanation of the concept of regression to mean. Which Scott references in S5 if I recall.
S4 conceptually, was meant to be transitionary season. Allowing the show to ease back from the darkness of S3. It was meant to transition the characters into a new status quo. The problem, like with S3 of Arrow, WAS THE EXECUTION OF SAID CONCEPT.

So conceptually, I didn't hate S4. Execution wise, it was really mediocre.

But S5 has been firing on all cylinders so far. But if S5 is the season where they graduate, then I wonder what Season 6 will be like? And that isn't a hypothetical quesiton, Season 6 has been announced already.

So yeah. That's my current thoughts so far. And I hope that I don't have to do the next season thread myself as well. Making an OP is hard, and mine is incredibly lovely compared to some of the other I've seen. You got to give all that information and add pictures to make it fancy. Ugh. Now I'm ranting. Anyways, yeah. Teen Wolf is currently doing great for me personally. Can't wait to see the next episode.

Before I go, what's your thoughts on the Dread Doctors so far BrianWilly?

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I've really been enjoying this season so far. I'm surprised how much I actually like Liam and his friend.

The only thing that kind of bothers me this season so far is the Lydia/Parish stuff. Since she's suppose to be in high school, it kind of creeps me out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Logical1234 posted:

But S5 has been firing on all cylinders so far. But if S5 is the season where they graduate, then I wonder what Season 6 will be like? And that isn't a hypothetical quesiton, Season 6 has been announced already.
They really just started the school year, so I'm sure the show will drag senior year out for a couple seasons like they did with the previous school years. (I say "drag," but I don't think it's a bad thing)

Logical1234 posted:

Before I go, what's your thoughts on the Dread Doctors so far BrianWilly?
Well, my main thought about them is that Jeff Davis clearly has the biggest hard-on for medical horror and he's finally getting the chance to fully indulge in it. :sweatdrop:

So far I like them, though. They look awesome and have an interesting M.O. They remind me of the Oni, which is a good thing because I really liked the Oni. I hope the show goes full-tilt Lovecraft with them. And to be honest I'm glad they're not the, like, twentieth villains on this show motivated by some sort of convoluted revenge plot.

Er, that we know of.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Ahahaha Kira is dangerous with a sword.

I guess she actually hit something with it this season. That's progress! Although it's a little annoying that her taking a level in competence is presented as a bad thing.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Oh cool, new thread.

Everyone else thinking Parrish = Phoenix?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'm definitely thinking it, but I also hope it's not the case. Phoenixes aren't shapeshifters or hybrids like all the other creatures the show has; they're just birds. I really don't want the show to become more like Supernatural where they show, like, a completely normal-looking human guy breathing fire and go "Holy gently caress, it's a DRAGON!!"

But then, I have no idea what else he could be. 'Course, I don't know that many fire-related creatures out there. He could be like Lydia I suppose, some supernatural thing that's totally unrelated to animals.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I'm definitely thinking it, but I also hope it's not the case. Phoenixes aren't shapeshifters or hybrids like all the other creatures the show has; they're just birds. I really don't want the show to become more like Supernatural where they show, like, a completely normal-looking human guy breathing fire and go "Holy gently caress, it's a DRAGON!!"

But then, I have no idea what else he could be. 'Course, I don't know that many fire-related creatures out there. He could be like Lydia I suppose, some supernatural thing that's totally unrelated to animals.
Or it could be a Kanima situation, where's he an entirely original creation. We honestly just don't know. We know he's connected to Nemeton, and he's bringing the bodies of the Chimera's to the Nemeton.

Here's my current theory on the Dread Doctors thanks to the last episode.

Valack makes it pretty darn clear that the Dread Doctors came to Beacon Hills before, and that by awakening the Nemeton, they brought them back.

So perhaps the Nemeton was sealed, it's beacon deactivated, to give the Dread Doctors no reason to continue their experiments?

If the Dread Doctors goal, as Alan Deaton believes, to change the rules of the supernatural, to create non-supernatural creatures (aka being able to bypass mountain ash) superior to the Supernatural (not being able) then they would need a testing ground. A place where they could ALWAYS find supernatural creatures.

So if you got a beacon drawing every supernatural creature to one place, then it's the BEST FREAKING PLACE EVER to test if your creatures are up to snuff. If I recall, every single monster that the Dread Doctors considered "terminal" was beaten by the supernatural. Once they lose, they are "terminal". So that's my theory on the Dread Doctors so far.

Got nothing on Parrish and Nemeton though. We just simply don't have enough info on that to make a working theory.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Wait, isn't Parrish a phoenix? Isn't it obvious?
I reckon he'll sacrifice himself at the end of the season to bring back all the poor chimera victims.

Also, where is Danny?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Parrish is a Salamander. Calling it now.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
So I watched the promo for tonight's episode, just to hype me up. Since their are some people who like to stay totally blind before watching shows, I'll put my thoughts of my impressions of the premise the promo seems to promise.

So, they are going to follow Valack's idea. Read the book, and learn of memories taken from them by the Dread Doctors? Uh guys, this sounds like either a Teen Wolf let's go full horror today episode, where we see the Dread Doctors do horrible things to our main characters in their past, but only a small amount is revealed, or it's a total revelation episode, where the Dread Doctors have taken away memories that could radically change our perspective on the situation. That's my current impressions on the promo.

Also, tonight is gonna be cool, cause I'll be posting my updates on the show while it airs on the thread, I hope you guys do the same. The last thread had some pretty consistent regulars, but Season 4 really killed the momentum that thread had going for it. It killed it dead. I don't want that to happen to this thread.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

So I watched the promo for tonight's episode, just to hype me up. Since their are some people who like to stay totally blind before watching shows, I'll put my thoughts of my impressions of the premise the promo seems to promise.

So, they are going to follow Valack's idea. Read the book, and learn of memories taken from them by the Dread Doctors? Uh guys, this sounds like either a Teen Wolf let's go full horror today episode, where we see the Dread Doctors do horrible things to our main characters in their past, but only a small amount is revealed, or it's a total revelation episode, where the Dread Doctors have taken away memories that could radically change our perspective on the situation. That's my current impressions on the promo.

Also, tonight is gonna be cool, cause I'll be posting my updates on the show while it airs on the thread, I hope you guys do the same. The last thread had some pretty consistent regulars, but Season 4 really killed the momentum that thread had going for it. It killed it dead. I don't want that to happen to this thread.

What time does it air?

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

XboxPants posted:

What time does it air?

10:00 pm, tonight.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
....So no one but me came to chat in the thread will watching the show live? Sad days. Shows already starting off interesting so far.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

....So no one but me came to chat in the thread will watching the show live? Sad days. Shows already starting off interesting so far.

oh

uh

thanks for the reminder, lemme catch up hah

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

Hah, you weren't kidding.

Also: I forgot about Scott's asthma, cool callback. They do a pretty good job with long-term continuity on this show. Well... sometimes, anyway.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

XboxPants posted:

oh

uh

thanks for the reminder, lemme catch up hah

Don't worry. It cool. It's just that I've spent a bit making the OP. I don't want the thread to die right when the next episode is airing.

I WON't LET It DIE.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Hah, you weren't kidding.

Also: I forgot about Scott's asthma, cool callback. They do a pretty good job with long-term continuity on this show. Well... sometimes, anyway.

Like to point out that a large amount of time that happened, was because actors kept on ditching the show when they were going be major part of the show.

Also live response: They are actually bringing back Lydia's grandmother from S4. You speak of continuity, they deliver.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'm watching but I also work out during the commercial breaks so I don't chat much during.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

Daric posted:

I'm watching but I also work out during the commercial breaks so I don't chat much during.
I can respect that.

Scott's getting an asthma attack. This is pretty cool this episode. And Mason being helpful to Kira was awesome. I might having a slight or large delay. My Tv's a bit glitchy these days.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

Like to point out that a large amount of time that happened, was because actors kept on ditching the show when they were going be major part of the show.

Also live response: They are actually bringing back Lydia's grandmother from S4. You speak of continuity, they deliver.

Yeah, to be honest characters/actors leaving the show is specifically what I was thinking of. Shame to lose Derek, he was cool.

Oh yeah, random question I was wondering the other week - is this the first time Stiles has killed someone/thing? He sure is freaked out by it.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
This episode is really setting my creep factors.

Also MASON is really becoming the MVP of this episode. He's like Danny... If DANNY DID STUFF IMPORTANT to HELPING THE HEROES. ITS GREAT.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Yeah, to be honest characters/actors leaving the show is specifically what I was thinking of. Shame to lose Derek, he was cool.

Oh yeah, random question I was wondering the other week - is this the first time Stiles has killed someone/thing? He sure is freaked out by it.

First time he killed someone for sure. Any known murders attributed to the Nogistune in S3. occurs after the Nogitsjne was separated from Stiles, So yes, the S5 incident was the first Stiles canonically killed

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

This episode is really setting my creep factors.

you know

When I first heard MTV was doing a TV teen-drama reboot of famed 80's classic "Teen Wolf"

I was just not expecting so many self-trepennations. There was a lot I did expect, but it definitely wasn't this.

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

XboxPants posted:

you know

When I first heard MTV was doing a TV teen-drama reboot of famed 80's classic "Teen Wolf"

I was just not expecting so many self-trepennations. There was a lot I did expect, but it definitely wasn't this.

Agreed. Also Theo is kinda... Intense. I know he"s a villain. But he sounds very unhinged when talking with Malia. Theo gives me the creeps. He just seems like he's in total control of everything. It's like a lesser Nogitsune feeling I suppose.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Logical1234 posted:

Agreed. Also Theo is kinda... Intense. I know he"s a villain. But he sounds very unhinged when talking with Malia. Theo gives me the creeps. He just seems like he's in total control of everything. It's like a lesser Nogitsune feeling I suppose.

Yeah, not sure where I stand on him yet. We just haven't seen enough about what's up with him.

(also wanna be clear, I'm GLAD we got the weird freakshow we got)

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013

XboxPants posted:

Yeah, not sure where I stand on him yet. We just haven't seen enough about what's up with him.

(also wanna be clear, I'm GLAD we got the weird freakshow we got)

Oh I'm on the same side with you on that. Teen Wolf has evolved to the point were horror is Teen Wolf's bread and butter. You need the horror to make the villains truly threatening.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Huh, so that IS what Kira was saying in her sleep. That's basically what I thought from what I was hearing, but the original Japanese is real different and weird and hard to clearly put into English, and she's got a funny accent (not actually Japanese) so I wasn't sure of it.

edit: I thought about it, and "Harbinger" would be a better word than "Messenger". (not a criticism of the show of course, Theo admitted it was a rough translation and he has good reason to lie, and inaccurate translations have been plot points before)

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 28, 2015

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
............ The Dread Doctors. It's seems they've been an effecting everyone's life for a lot longer than originally thought. Also the Dread Doctors are freaking TERRIFYING. Seriously, they pressing all the right buttons. These guys are unstoppable. And apparently they got potential to survive, past S5,. They are freaking awesome.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
You know Jeff Davis has been spending a lot of time in WeHo when he gets a gay porn star a small role (Brett Beckham, the guy being interviewed for a new go-go boy at the club).

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Oh I was wondering why Derek isn't back, shame about the actor leaving. Was kind of hoping they'd elaborate on him "evolving" from last season, still not sure what that was supposed to mean. Are Kyra's parents gone too? Would explain why none thought to just ask her mom about stuff.

Also how old is Parish supposed to be again? :yikes:

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 28, 2015

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014

Avalerion posted:

Oh I was wondering why Derek isn't back, shame about the actor leaving. Was kind of hoping they'd elaborate on him "evolving" from last season, still not sure what that was supposed to mean. Are Kyra's parents gone too? Would explain why none thought to just ask her mom about stuff.

Also how old is Parish supposed to be again? :yikes:
25, or so I hear.

Agreed. Kira's mom is 1) pretty cool and fun to have around, 2) loads more capable than Kira, and 3) actually might know answers to important questions.

Malia remains the best.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Yay, new Teen Wolf thread, about time. Thanks for going through all the work of making a new OP Logical1234.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Another good episode. If I had my way I would probably up the pacing of this season a bit, but it's still fairly decent so *shrug*

It's kinda convenient that everyone just so happened to have some sort of repressed childhood trauma that they could traumatically remember by reading the book. What if you read the book and flashed back to, like, a boring day in third grade that you'd forgotten about?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Have you seen this show? It'd be more unexpected if any person from Beacon Hills *didn't* have some sort of repressed trauma. That town is a pit of unending torment and despair.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Pit of despair? It's the new Sunnydale!

Totally want more repressed memories in there. They were great.

Meanwhile, has Kira been turned by the Dread Doctors and doesn't know it? The cute new guy, is he a real werewolf or a chimera? And the annoying girl that baby wolf is into is a chimera too?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Boogaleeboo posted:

Have you seen this show? It'd be more unexpected if any person from Beacon Hills *didn't* have some sort of repressed trauma. That town is a pit of unending torment and despair.

Lydia didn't, she said she thought it was someone else's memory.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Derek probably would've been nonfunctional for the whole episode if he were here.

XboxPants posted:

Lydia didn't, she said she thought it was someone else's memory.
She meant that the memory of the Dread Doctors experimenting on her, which she saw when sparring with Parrish, was someone else's memory. The one she got when talking to whatshername, with her grandma drilling into her own skull, was her own personal precious trauma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
I'm updating the thread. My reasoning? I've started a TW project that I'll sharing with you guys as it continues onward.

Basically, I got a online skype buddy who has never seen Teen Wolf. I have mentioned certain plot points and villians, but he admit's he doesn't really remember what I said to him. But yesterday, I convinced him to work on a TW project with me.

Co-Commentaries of the entire TW series, from S1's pilot, to S4's finale currently.
These commentaries will expand once S5 is easy to access for both of us. I will updating the OP with a TW Live Commentary Archive, so that way you can find the videos whenever you wish.

But yeah, yesterday we recorded commentary for the Teen Wolf pilot, Wolf Moon. He actually dug the first episode, saying it was pretty funny.

Anyways, here's my point. These commentaries are gonna be recorded alot, since it's summer, so at the end of this post, I'm going to post the uploaded video link, so you can guys can check it out. Give me some constructive criticism on the commentary, since this the first time I've tried this sort of thing.

But anyways, just wanted to inform you about the project, and give you guys the first commentated episode.

Teen Wolf Live Commentary
Season 1
EP 1: WOLF MOON

• Locked thread