Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.


Somewhere in New York City. April 20th, 1992. 10:30 PM
The turtle stumbles back, clutching a wound on his abdomen; it wasn't serious, yet, but he couldn't keep fighting with it, and he knows it. He breathes heavily through clenched teeth, fear and anger in his eyes under the red bandanna he wears. Behind him, his brother in blue hastily picks up the turtle in purple; they were both wounded as well.

Something had gone wrong. The ambushed had been turned against them; the Foot had known they had been coming, and the Shredder had been there. Raphael growls as he continues to hold his ground, catching a Foot soldier's blade with his sai and twisting it from his hand, headbutting the hapless ninja and staggering back. He was doing all he could to hold his ground, to let Leo get Donnie out of there; the engineer had taken more punishment than he could handle, and Mikey was feet away, keeping a wall of wood and metal up with his nunchaku.

When he heard the whistle, Raph dug into his belt pouch and tossed a smoke bomb down in sync with his brother. The thick, acrid smoke filled the room, masking the turtle's escape. They took to the roof tops, moving awkwardly with their injuries, but masking their trail all the same. Before long, they returned to the sewers, slinking deep into the systems beneath Manhattan, where their sensei awaited them. No words were shared as Donatello was placed onto his bed; Mikey, having escaped relatively uninjured, went uncharacteristically quietly back to his room, to rest himself.

Leo and Raph shared a look as Splinter cared for his adoptive son, and they, too, returned to their respective rooms to tend to their wounds. It had not been the first night they had been defeated by the Foot; something was going on in the background, something was making the Foot clan ready, and the turtles bore new scars for their troubles.

Raphael stared at the ceiling, sleep evading him. A poultice had been tied to his abdomen, and it hurt for him to roll over, even with the herbal remedies Splinter had given him for pain; they had let Donatello have the pharmaceutical stuff April occasionally gave them from the lab she worked at. The turtles were going to need help.


Luna Park, Coney Island, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 9:30 AM
Mercifully, Luna Park is closed when the small blue portal appears inside the men's room on the south side. After a moment, two figures step tentatively from the time portal: Renet Tilley, apprentice time mistress, and Miyamoto Usagi, a rabbit samurai from another time.

How and when Renet picked up Usagi is known only to the two of them*, but Renet knows the turtles of this time need help. All they knew was they were there, and now they had to deal with the city itself.


A Freighter Ship, New York Harbor, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 9:45 AM
On board the USS A Freighter Ship sits a single white shipping container, coming from Thailand with no manifest and no listed owner; someone had paid a fair amount of money to simply have the container delivered and left at the harbor, for anyone to take at their leisure. Inside, having spent the last several weeks fasting and meditating, sit the ramurai known as Hitsuji Tadashi, and his monastic bird comrade, Feng Huang.

The two have made their way to America with differing agendas, and the story of how they came together is likely an interesting one*, but they do not know what truly awaits them in New York.


George Washington Bridge, Manhattan Side, New York City. April 21st, 9:50 AM
It had been a long and grueling drive for Trickster and M. Buffalo. Having started their drive out in the mid-west, the two had exchanged cars numerous times, having few qualms about 'borrowing' vehicles from gas stations and parking lots all across America. They had gotten some strange looks, more than a few times they had been accused of being some kind of 'furry perverts', but they hadn't gained too much notice. A walking wolf and a walking buffalo were popular costumes, after all.

Still, the two had business in New York. What that business was, and how the two came together, was a different story altogether*. What mattered now was the bridge was packed in bumper to bumper traffic. Horns blared all around, and people shouted over the dinh, trying to make their voice the loudest and angriest.




Welcome to the game! Every asterisk in there is a suggestion to give me some backstory on the two of you; backstory posts will net you one PP!

Regardless, get your bearings in the city, interact a bit, and then we'll have something to draw you guys together. Pick your milestones and let's kick shell!


CURRENT PP, XP, STRESS, TRAUMA, COMPLICATIONS
Renet - 1 PP, 2 XP
Usagi - 1 PP, 1 XP
Hatsuji - 1 PP, 1 XP
Feng - 2 PP, 3 XP
Trickster - 2 PP, 2 XP
Buffalo - 1 PP, 1 XP

Alley Thug - d8 Intimidated Complication

Harbor Thugs - 6d6 Mob
Frank - Pinned To Shipping Container Complication d10, Awe-Struck Complication d10

Highway Robber 1 - UNCONCIOUS
Highway Robber A - d10 Physical Stress


CURRENT STORY MILESTONE
New York's Finest
1 XP when you protect the city in some way.
3 XP when you either go to great risk to save a civilian or landmark, or choose to ignore it to your benefit.
10 XP when the city no longer needs her protectors.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 4, 2015 around 16:21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Renet Tilley
PP: 1

Hopping out, Renet gestures grandly with the Spectre. "See! New York-" There's a moment as she pauses, taken aback at their dingy surroundings. "- new yuck.", she adds, pulling the Spectre in close as to keep it safe from graffiti and man leavings. She looks over to the rabbit. "I'd ask you why you asked me to bring you here, but I guess you don't know yet, because that wasn't you, but the future you that asked me to bring the now you-" She looks over to the rabbit. "- and I haven't even fallen over a turtle yet, that usually happens by now."

Hand on her hip, she huffs. "I guess I should have gotten more detail, but if we're here we're probably meant to have been here, though I'm fair with saying we probably shouldn't stay here, y'know? We'd probably pick up one of the more popular diseases if we hang around here too long." She starts towards the door, and looks thoughtful before pulling off her cloak and tossing it at the rabbit. "You should probably wear that until we get you one of those coat and fedora dealies, mutants aren't an-" She pauses, covering her mouth momentarily. "- omigosh, that was totally insensitive, you're not really a mutant, but more of an alternate-basis sapient. Most people are going to think you're a mutant, though, it's totally insensitive, anyway, you probably shouldn't go all ears-out right away!" A pause. "Then again, this is New York City, so your call, really."

pre:
Renet Tilley



Affliations:	Solo d6			Buddy d8		Team d10

Distinctions:	A Little Nutty		Apprentice Timestress	Perfect Timing

Power Set:	Sceptre of the Sands of Time

		Enhanced Linguistics d8	Time Mastery d10	Weapon d8

SFX: Cool Beans! Spend 1 PP to recover your emotional stress and step down your
emotional trauma by -1.

SFX: KLONK. Step up or double Weapon die against a single target. Remove the
highest-rolling die and add an additional die to your total.

SFX: Replay. Spend 1 PP to add Time Mastery to a roll (or step up by +1 if already
in your pool) and reroll all dice when taking an action.

Limit: Buggy. Shut down any Sceptre of the Sands of Time power to gain 1 PP. 
Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Limit: Gear. Shut down Sceptre of the Sands of Time and gain 1 PP. Take an action
against the doom pool to recover.

Limit: Trouble Follows. When you use Time Mastery to travel to an era you have not
visited in the current Act, gain 1 PP and add a d8 to the doom pool.

Specialties:	Combat Expert d8	Mystic Expert d8	Psych Expert d8
		Science Expert d8

Milestone:	The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe

1 XP… 	when you use inappropriate or anachronistic slang.
3 XP… 	when you ignore your teacher’s lessons or orders.
10 XP… 	when you fulfill your role and become a Time Lord, or deny your
	responsibility to seek further adventures.

Milestone:	Time and Time Again

1 XP…	when you reference having met somebody’s future or past selves.
3 XP…	when you involve people in time travel or its consequences without asking.
10 XP…	when you reveal knowledge regarding the future to a friend that will change
	their destiny, or deny a sincere or forceful request for that knowledge.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


College Slice

Hitsuji Tadashi

PP: 1

"I thank you for your guidance with the meditation, friend Pheasant.", Tadashi says as he stands up. "It seems, though, that we have arrived." It had been a long journey, and, in many ways, a dangerous one." He hesitates, and then looks at Feng Huang, slightly sheepishly. "If it would please you, might we not stay together for now, until we both get our bearings? I am told this is a LARGE city, after all , and neither of us know it. Besides, I can still be of use to you, as I was in Bangkok, when we encountered those State Security agents."




pre:
Hitsuji Tadashi

Team d10, Solo d8, Buddy d6

Distinctions

Samurai Sheep
Code of Baashido
First Time Out of His Village

Power Sets:

Mutant Sheep

Superhuman Strength: d10
Enhanced Reflexes: d8
Enhanced Senses: d8
Enhanced Stamina: d8

SFX:  Before you make an action using a Mutant Sheep power, you may move your Physical Stress die to
the doom pool and step up the Mutant Sheep power by +1 for this action

Limit: Mutant

Tadashi's Equipment

Tadashi's Armor

Superhuman Durability d10

SFX: Invulnerable. Spend 1 PP to ignore physical stress or trauma unless caused by mystical attacks.

Limit: Gear.  Shut down Tadashi's Armor and gain 1 PP.  Take an Action vs the Doom Pool to recover gear

Tadashi's Bow

Enhanced Attack: d8

SFX: Area Attack:  Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.
SFX: Focus:  If a pool includes a Tadashi's Bow power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one
die +1 step larger
SFX: Ricochet. Step up or double Tadashi's Bow die against a single target. Remove highest-rolling
die and add an additional die to your total.

Limit: Gear. Shut down Tadashi's Bow and gain 1 PP.  Take an Action vs the Doom Pool to recover gear
Limit: Mutually Exclusive.  Shutdown Tadashi's Naganata to activate Tadashi's Bow.  Shutdown Tadashi's 
Bow to recover Tadashi's Naganata.

Tadashi's Naganata

Enhanced Attack: d10

SFX:  Unleashed: Step up or double any Tadashi's Naganata power for one action. If the action fails,
add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die.
Limit: Gear. Shut down Tadashi's Naganata and gain 1 PP.  Take an Action vs the Doom Pool to recover gear

Specialties:

Combat Master d10
Menace Master d10


Milestones:

The Secrets of the Foot

1 xp when you face a ninja in battle
3 xp when you discover a new clue about the whereabouts of the Foot Clan or The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 
10 xp when you discover the true history of the relationship between Hamato Yoshi, the Foot Clan and Sheep Village,
and choose to either take your vengeance or forgive the Foot

Lamb, it's what's for Dinner

1 xp when you see something that reminds you of man's exploitation of sheep
3 xp when a human tries to betray or take advantage of you
10 xp when you begin an actual friendship with a human and learn not all humans are all bad, or when you decide
once and for all that human beings are your enemy.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?


M. Buffalo
PP: 1

Though something classic would have been more to his taste, the standard model sedans available on the road are ill-equipped to carry anyone with such stature as M. Buffalo. Still chuckling darkly to himself about the COEXIST sticker on their current transport's bumper, he sits in the backseat of a massive SUV, picking lazily through what's left of the previous owners' suburban detritus. Traveling with this desert dog had been good for him so far. Better than on his own. After all, a strong leader needs a strong, subservient number two.

"You will see, Coyote. New York is a much better place for business than the glitz of Reno or the rats of Chicago. More steel. More stone. More blood. Things with which to build."

pre:
M. Buffalo



Affliations:	Solo d8		Buddy d10	Team d6

Distinctions:	For Me, It Was Tuesday...
		Street Fighting Champion
		Pax Buffalonia!

Power Set:	Rough Rider

		Superhuman Strength d10		Superhuman Durability d10
		Superhuman Stamina d10		Enhanced Speed d8

SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents.  For every additional opponent,
add 1d6, and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Berserk. Add a die from the doom pool to one or more attack actions. Step up
the doom pool by +1 for each action; return to the doom pool when you are done.

SFX: Second Wind. Before making an action, you may move your physical stress
die to the doom pool and step up a power by one die.

SFX: Versatile. Replace any Rough Rider power with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.

Limit: Exhausted. Shut down any power to gain 1 pp.  Recover power by
activating on an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties:	Combat Expert d8	Crime Master d10	Menace Master d10

Milestone:	Central Dakota

1 XP… 	when you give a hero or villain your word.
3 XP… 	when you either break your word to that hero or keep your word to that villain.
10 XP… 	when you either prove to that hero that breaking your word helped them
or prove to that villain that keeping your word hurt them.

Milestone:	A Nickel's Worth Of Advice

1 XP…	when you stand up to another hero.
3 XP…	when you prove one of your decisions was best for your team.
10 XP…	when you stress out the last foe in an Action Scene, or another
character acknowledges your assistance was essential in saving the day.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Miyamoto Usagi
PP:
1

Miyamoto Usagi tried to have a live-and-let-live policy with magic. The problem was, magic was very rarely intent to let him keep living. Between the yokai and the evil wizards and the demon hunter friends dragging him into fights with the aforementioned mystical horrors, Usagi found the magical world to be nothing but trouble. Maybe that's why when a strange woman jumped out of a portal babbling about the future and "time streams" his reaction went from polite questioning to total confusion to wondering if he could get away while she wasn't looking at him. Then, she mentioned "turtles", and that was enough to convince Usagi to step through the glowing hole in the air with her. If his friends needed him, then he would be there. The long-eared ronin was still in the brothers' debt from their last trip to his own world.

The first thing he noticed in this new world was the smell. His first whiff of real, industrialized pollution was almost overpowering. The sounds came next, the hustle of a modern city making even the busiest metropolises of his own home almost silent in comparison. And the sights...only lasted a second before a cloak hit him in the face. Taking in his surroundings had distracted him from his already tenuous grip on Renet's speech, and now he had to sprint to catch up.

"I don't like disguising myself, but if it's the only way to move about freely..." Usagi said, wrapping the cloak around himself, trying his best to fit his ears in a comfortable and also non-obvious way. He felt ridiculous. "This is the land of New York? Leonardo-san's descriptions were of gleaming metal towers, not. This."

pre:
Miyamoto Usagi



Distinctions
Wandering Ronin
Rabbit Out Of Time
Honor Above All

Affiliations
Solo: D10
Buddy: D8
Team: D6

KATSUICHI'S TRAINING
Enhanced Reflexes D8
Enhanced Senses D8
Enhanced Stamina D8

SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Katsuichi's Training power, you may move your physical stress die
to the doom pool and step up the Katsuichi's Training power for this action.
Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Katsuichi's Training power to gain 1 PP. 
Activate an opportunity to recover or during a Transition Scene.

DAISHO
Enhanced Durability D8
Weapon D8

SFX: Master Swordsman. On a successful reaction against a close combat action, convert your opponent’s effect die into 
a Daisho stunt or step up a Daisho power until used in an action. If your opponent’s action succeeds, spend 
1 PP to use this SFX.
SFX: Two-Sword Technique. On your next action or reaction, replace a Weapon die with 2d6.
SFX: RYAAAAAA! Step back the highest die in your attack action pool to add a d6 and step up physical stress inflicted.
Limit: Gear. Shutdown a Daisho power to gain 1 PP. Take an action vs. the doom pool to recover.

Specialties
Acrobatics Expert D8
Combat Master D10
Menace Expert D8
Psych Expert D8

Milestones
Bushido
1 XP  when you discuss the tenants of bushido and honor
3 XP  when you take action that your honor demands, even at the risk of yourself or others
10 XP when you sacrifice a life for honor or give up the way of the samurai for good

Samurai Tourist
1 XP  when you compare New York to your home reality
3 XP  when you first suffer Stress from a modern or futuristic technology source in a scene
10 XP when you either turn your back forever on the "modern" world or integrate into it fully

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Renet Tilley
PP: 1 | Milestones: The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe, New York's Finest

"Intense" is a good word to describe Renet's verbal train of thought as it runs nonstop. "Oh!", she recognizes as she walks out of the bathroom, looking at the Men's sign, and at the colorful fronts. "I remember a few things about here! Something about corny dogs and... elephant rides? Guess it's a little quiet right now. Bummer. I could go for a corny dog." She taps her lip for a moment, and then observes. "You know people think 'wormhole' is figurative, but it's not. Those things wriggle like heck! So we're a little off-course, but now you get to see a little more of the future! Bonus!" She looks over her shoulder and holds up a finger. "But if anybody from the Dimensional Council asks I did not say that, we're not supposed to encourage interdimensional 'tourism'-" - she does make with the finger quotes - "- but there's something funny going on, since the turtles are supposed to help you out in the future and that didn't happen so bad things happened and so we agreed - or you will agree - that you have to go back now to help them so they can help you later."

"Basically all of time and space is one big cat's cradle and something went loose and the whole thing might fall apart. I can't really explain it all but..." She walks out out of the entrance, which resembles a leering, grinning face. Maybe some sort of demon. "... we need to get to the island with the 'gleaming metal towers', so we'll have to take the subway, which is kind of a underground... cart? Or walk. But it's a pretty long walk. But I can teach you all about this time period on the way! Or at least what I remember..." Yes. It seems that she's going to be like this the whole way, however one gets there.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011


Feng Huang

PP: 1

The Pheasant sought solace in contemplation during their long journey, pondering the nature of trust: what benefits it held, and what dangers it posed.

Certainly the ram had earned his trust, despite their initial...misunderstanding. Of course, when he realized he was being tailed through the streets of Bangkok, it was natural for him to then suspect that the sheep with the daisho that he encountered was another State Security experiment sent to assassinate him. Though Feng Huang had sought to strike first to eliminate the threat, it was fortunate that the other was indeed well-trained in the art of battle, or an innocent might lost his life due to Feng's undue haste. He first thought that his assumption may have been unfounded when the other accused him of being an assassin in turn during their duel. But it was only when the State Security toadies leapt from the water shortly thereafter -- ironically, drawn by the sounds of their fighting -- that his journey toward trust truly began. For what he thought was an opponent swiftly became a valuable ally, giving the squad of hit-amphibians far more than they bargained for. Only a few of them managed to hop away after Histuji and Feng were done with them, while more than a few of them had croaked.

While he had expected to find a perch aboard the freighter alone that night, after the conflict was ended he saw the wisdom in traveling with another companion, and Hitsuji expressed interest in claiming a berth as well. The culmination of Feng Huang's long internal deliberation coincided with their arrival at port. And after several days of silence, when the ram spoke, he knew that he would agree to the request.

"Your thinking mirrors my own, Hitsuji Tadashi. As one pole of a yurt leans upon another to support the entire structure, let us lean upon one another for as long as is necessary, until we have each made our own homes here." With that, he opened the access panel on the freight container and blinked as the morning sunshine exploded into the formerly-dark interior.

Feng Huang posted:

Affiliations :
Solo - d6
Buddy - d10
Team - d8

Distinctions :
"I am the serenest!"
I'm Sexy and I Know It
Hunted

Power Set : Mutated Golden Pheasant
Enhanced Senses: d8
Subsonic Flight: d8
Mind Control: d8

SFX: Affliction: When using Mind Control to create a complication to charm or stun a foe, choose to either step up Mind Control or split it into 2d6.
His beautiful plumage Dazzles all those who lay eyes upon him.
SFX: Area Attack: When using Mind Control, add a d6 and keep an additional effect die for each additional target.
His beautiful plumage dazzles ALL those who lay eyes upon him.

Limit: Exhausted: Shutdown any Mutated Golden Pheasant power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.
Limit: Mutant: Earn 1 PP when affected by mutant-specific Milestones and tech.

Power Set: Zen Master
Weaponry: d8
While you customarily carry a bo staff, you can turn any mundane item into a weapon -- a ladder, a chair, a book, a piece of fruit. If you can pick it up, you can use it to fight the bad guys.
Enhanced Reflexes: d8
Psychic Resistance: d8

SFX: Matter over Mind: Shut down Psychic Resistance to step up Weaponry for one scene. Recover power by activating an opportunity, spending 1 PP, or at a transition.
You do a mean impression of Gandhi...you know, if he was really pissed off.
SFX: Counterattack: On a reaction against a Psychic Attack action, inflict Stress with your effect die at no PP cost or spend a PP to step it up by +1.
Opponents seeking to invade your mind are awed by the utter peace they find there.
SFX: Psychic Healing: Spend 1 PP to remove a stress die from an ally; step it back, and add it to the doom pool.

Limit: Conscious Activation: If stressed out, asleep, or unconscious, shutdown Zen Master. Recover Zen Master when stress is recovered or you awake. If Mental Trauma is taken, shutdown Zen Master until trauma is recovered.

Specialties:
Acrobat Expert: d8
Combat Master: d10
Covert Expert: d8
Psych Master: d10

Milestones:
Wing...
1: When you become the center of attention due to your appearance.
3: When your superior nature isn't sufficient to the task (e.g., activating Exhausted, experiencing another significant failure)
10: When your past catches up with you, through the appearance of those who want to return you to their experiments or some similarly disruptive event.

and Yang
1: When you use your Zen Master and/or Psych Mastery abilities to help someone overcome an obstacle in their path.
3: When you remain calm in a stressful situation; alternately, when you lose your cool and launch into a violent rampage.
10: When you reconcile your past with your present, and find a new home to carry out your pursuit of peace and insight.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


College Slice

Hitsuji Tadashi

"We must be careful and be alert, Friend Pheasant. There are many humans here.", Tadashi warns, "And the Chinese humans who have been hunting you have not stopped. No doubt their failure in Bangkok will spur them to further efforts." Indeed, the assassins in Bangkok were relentless. It was...not what he had expected, all the more so because the trip up to that point had been an uneventful one. The trip from Kagoshima to Hong Kong, and then Hong Kong to Bangkok had been boring and, in many ways lonely, but safe. All that changed on the streets of Bangkok when he had been accused by the paranoid pheasant.

While he knew his new traveling companion would complicate his life, still, it was good not to be alone.

"I also think we should disguise ourselves, better than we have been doing. I know you little like covering your beautiful feathers, but among humans, we stand out. It would be best if we were inconspicuous."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Trickster


Trickster drummed his paws on the Wheel of the vehicle. Ever since hearing a particular song on the radio, he couldn't help himself from humming it an banging the beat while looking at the Buffalo he was now traveling with. Why the Buffalo was letting Trickster drive was beyond him. He'd never even driven a car until a few days ago, and then, it took the buffalo a few times to tell Trickster that the goal was not to crash into other vehicles. Once he figured out what he definitely was supposed to do with a car, Trickster then worked out what was discouraged to do with a car. He spent all his time trying to find two lane roads to drive on, and going at least ten miles under whatever the posted limit was. The coyote couldn't help but laugh at all the angry faces in the mirror behind him as they tried to pass, only for the coyote to then speed up.

The reason that Buffalo was currently in the back seat was because the front passenger seat had a giant mound of toilet paper on it. He thought it was funny to take all the toilet paper out of the men's and women's bathroom at a particularly shady rest stop they had stopped at in the middle of a state called Indiana. While he did not get to witness his mischief, he could easily picture in his mind's eye the look of horror on a patron's face who, running into a stall to hastily release their bowels, only notices once they've gone number two that the stall lacks toilet paper.

This was the third vehicle they have taken since then, and Trickster has insisted on taking the big wad of paper into each new vehicle. The coyote looks out the window at the standstill traffic. Non moving cars were no fun, so Trickster does the only sensible thing. He opens the door to exit the car. He walks to the back, opens it up, and sits on the bench seat next to M. Buffalo. "Well if you're so excited about all the blood and stone, feel free to drive. All your messing around with junk back her looks fun!" Trickster then hops the back seat into the spacey trunk and begins to dig through it himself, stopping when he finds a toy of doll of a blonde man with stretchy limbs. He begins to pull him back and forth, slapping the windows with it.

Name: Trickster
Affiliations:
Solo d10
Buddy d8
Team d6

Distinctions
Trickster
That's damned funny right there!
Small Desert coyote in the Big City

Power Sets

Mutant Coyote:

Enhanced Reflexes-d8
Enhanced Speed-d8
Enhanced Stamina-d8
Enhanced Str- d8

SFX: Versatile Replace any Mutant Coyote Power with 2d6 on your next roll.
SFX: Invulnerable: Spend 1pp to ignore physical stress or trauma unless from a magic attack.

Limit Exhausted Shut down any Mutant Coyote Power and gain 1 PP.Take action vs Doom pool to recover.

Trickster "God"

Enhanced Senses: d8
Humiliate Opponent: d10
Leaping (movement): d8

SFX: Did you really need that? Spend one PP to borrow the highest Die in the doom pool as an asset for your next action, then step back and return the doom die.
SFX: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Spend 1 PP to reroll when using any Trickster "God" power. You must keep the result, even if lower than the original

Limit: Laughed out Shut Highest rated power 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity during a transition scene.

Specialties
Psych Master d10
Covert Expert d8
Menace Expert d8
Acrobatics Expert d8

Milestones
Laughing "God"
1 exp: When you proclaim to someone that you are in fact the god of trickery.
3 exp: When you use HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! and get a better result.
10 exp: When You remain flippant in the face of personal tragedy, or you abandon your flippancy to rescue or save someone or something precious to you.

Trickster
1 exp: When you choose a Villain or NPC to be the target of your trickery.
3 exp: When you intentionally engage in an action that sabotages the chosen individual.
10 exp: When at a critical moment you engage in an action that causes the chosen individual to take d10 or more Trauma.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

Coney Island, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 9:35 AM to 10:00 AM
Renet's efforts to disguise Miyamoto are somewhat helpful, although her own costume of a blue jumpsuit and a cape draws as much attention as his tightly drawn trenchcoat. The young woman receives the usual array of catcalls and whistles as she and the samurai rabbit wander Coney Island, trying to make their way to Union Station; Renet's time scepter (another item that seems to be drawing attention from the citizens of New York) bleeps and bloops ominously, indicating that she is heading in the right direction at the right pace to come face to face with the event she needs to have Usagi come face to face with. At the very least she can keep the lop-eared samurai entertained with her tales of time travel. Who doesn't love time travel?

Miyamoto is clueless, as well, and he notices the strange glares he is receiving from some of the women on the street. However, the rabbit ronin's superior hearing causes his ears to twitch, and his attention is drawn down one of the many alleys intersecting throughout the Isle of Cone; far down the alley he spots a struggle in the darkness granted by the shade of the buildings at the low hour of the morning. A woman struggles violently against an attacker whose hand is over her mouth, and only for her biting his hand was Usagi able to hear her brief cry. Renet seems to have not heard, as she continues at her pace, gabbing incessantly. Another glance does the alley and Usagi watches as the man's fist connects with the woman's nose, stifling her cries. Around him, the sea of people continue to move, no one paying the alley any mind.

Scene Distinctions:
No One Cares in New York
Littered with Garbage
Trash Can Alley



New York Harbor, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 9:50 to 10:00 AM
The two eastern mutants find that, mercifully, the deck of the ship is empty; a moment of scouting around finds that the ship itself seems to have been mostly deserted for some time now, bringing in to question how long it had been since the ship had docked. As the two begin to cautiously make their way to find some sort of disguise, either on or off the ship, they hear the sound of voices approaching up the stairs at the side of the ship.

"Quit yer worryin', Ed. They were paid not ta ask questions, and get off the ship the fuckin' minute they docked. Whole dock's been cleared fer hours, man. We can get the shipment and get it to the Foot and we're good as gold?"
"B-but Frank, what about them monsters? The ones we was warned about?"

From behind one of the shipping crates, Feng and Hitsuji watch as a handful of thuggish looking men climb aboard the ship, mostly unarmed but a few carrying cattle prods; Feng recognizes them from his time in the labs, and Hitsuji knows of them simply from the tales of horror his people had told him of how humanity handles sheep. During a moment of silence, the two think think they hear movement from inside the shipping crate near them.

"Aw, shut up about them monsters. I hear that, even if they WAS real, they was takin' care of."
"Y-yeah, but.."
"Don't give me no buts, Ed! Just get that fuckin' container open! We gotta check the goods."


Ed, a weaselly looking man with thick framed glasses gives Frank, a tall, muscular man with a leather vest bearing a stylized red foot on the breast, a look of terror and disgust. He heads to one of the shipping containers, still in sight of the two mutants, and carefully undoes the massive lock on it with practiced ease. He steps away, jumping as the lock hits the ship, and the gathered men laugh at him. Frank motions for them to open the container, and the door to the container slowly swings open.

Inside the container there are what looks like several asian families, thin and disheveled from their trip from the east. Both Feng and Hitsuji can tell that some of the passengers did not survive the trip, and they watch as one of the men storms in, shocking a frail looking man with his prod. He screams at them in Mandarin, shoving the man forward and causing him to trip on his own feet, falling flat onto his face. Frank laughs, motioning to other containers.

"Get the rest of them opened up and let's get these idiots out of here!"

Scene Distinctions:
Shipping Container Towers
Hudson River
The Poor, Huddled Masses


George Washington Bridge, Manhattan Side, New York City. April 21st, 9:55 AM to 10:00 AM
When Trickster slides into the backseat, and no one moves into the front seat, the car behind him lays into his horn even harder. The coyote recognizes the litany the angry driver behind him screams out; it's been his theme song for a better part of his life, as everyone seems to sing it when he's around. He can't help but feel tickled by it. They weren't moving any time soon, anyways, so he figured he had a bit of time to enjoy the air conditioning in the back of the SUV.

After a minute or two passes, the two western mutants spy a group of people picking their way through the cars, stopping at each driver side window. There's about twelve of them total going through the six lanes of traffic, and as they draw nearer, Buffalo can tell that they're armed, and he quickly realizes they're shaking down the traffic and taking advantage of the people trapped in their vehicles. From this distance Trickster can tell they're mostly armed with knives and small pistols. Three cars ahead of them, one of them smashes in the car's driver side window, reaching in and yanking the poor driver out and cracking him in the face with the butt of a pistol. The injured man hands over his wallet, shrinking down in his seat.

The approaching men all wear purple masks with grey screens over their eyes to hide their identity, and street clothes underneath; the foreheads are emblazoned with a stylized red foot. They look patently ridiculous, but they are slowly drawing towards Trickster's SUV.

Scene Distinctions:
Hudson River
Lots of Cars
Glove Box and Trunk Space



Everyone take 1 XP, and pick your milestones before your next post! You can pick two.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Renet Tilley
PP: 1 | XP: 1 | Milestones: The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe, New York's Finest

Renet does, indeed, look like she came straight out of a comic book. "Man, I forgot how clueless this cycle could be! Still, it isn't all bad, I mean, they still have CBGB's in this era, but the social development is kind of a buzzkill, you know?" She waves a hand. "Still, time travel is more of an art than a science, the universe tends to get you where you need to go, and the ol' sceptre's backing me up on that, but maybe we could make a side trip or two on the way, what do you say?" It's hard to say if she's asking the sceptre or Usagi at this point, blithely unaware of the more troubling symptoms of urban decay.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

I'm assuming you're the more modestly dressed IDW Renet Tilley from your app and not Swimsuit 'I'm 80's as gently caress' McBackpain.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Trickster

PP:1 XP: 1 Milestones: Laughing "God", New York's Finest

Trickster has moved on from the Stretch Armstrong and has now moved on to trying to take all the tape out of a Michael Jackson casette and put it into a copy of Nirvana's Nervermind when the commotion outside catches his attention. He squints as he focuses the action ahead. "What are they doing?!" Trickster grabs M. Buffalo by the collar and points out at the men shaking down the cars. "They're just, using brute force to take their money? That's so brutish, and not funny at all! What's funny about smashing a guy in the face? It might elicit a slight chuckle at the time, but no long term entertainment factor. When they are telling the story seven generations from now, is 'and then he smashed a guy in the face and took the money' entertaining?" Trickster waits a few seconds as if actually awaiting an answer from Buffalo, before continuing, "No it isn't funny! They should be tricking these people out of their money! Gah, this is aggravating!"

Trickster opens up the trunk of the SUV. He smiles a full smile at the people in the car behind them and jumps out the back, heading over to the two thugs in their lane of traffic. "Now come on, do you even know what you're doing? People keep their real valuables in their trunks! Now one of you have this guy pop his trunk, and the other one of you come back here to see what's in back!

trying to lure the foot into having a guy pop a trunk, and then kick the foot who comes back into the trunk and lock him in.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


John Dyne posted:

I'm assuming you're the more modestly dressed IDW Renet Tilley from your app and not Swimsuit 'I'm 80's as gently caress' McBackpain.

You would assume correctly. Geez, Dyne, right to Lawson?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Miyamoto Usagi
PP: 1 | XP: 1 | Milestones: Samurai Tourist, New York's Finest

"A cart?" As much as he was still trying to make up ground in understanding his new friend(?), Usagi was able to tell when someone was making a simplification for his sake. He frowns. Man was meant to travel by foot or horse, maybe boat if necessary, and definitely not whatever bizarre future contraption he was expected to ride. As they passed through the demonic gate, a gigantic spinning cup caught his eye, If that was how people in this era traveled. "...Yes, let's keep going. The sooner we reach this place, the sooner I can return to my own-"

This time, the ronin cut himself off. That cry, there was no mistaking that in any era. Watching down the dark alley, he felt heat rise through his face, his brow furrow, his hand almost automatically going to the hilt of his katana. "This way" was all he said to Renet before he took off, rushing into the dirty side-street. There was no way he could stand by any longer.

The cloak "disguise" was not helping Usagi cut the imposing figure he was hoping for. only his eyes really visible with the way he had it wrapped around his face. Still, he spoke with a voice practiced in commanding - and threatening - others. "You. Let the woman go. Now." His threat was punctuated with the sound of the barest bit of his katana being unsheathed.

Going right into intimidating this guy, if that's cool. If not I'll go ahead and do this next post. Buddy D8, Honor Above All D8, Weapon D8, Menace Expert D8. 8+8=16 for my total, and D8 effect.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?


M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 1 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

The red feet spark memories in the dark recesses of M. Buffalo's mind. Shipments sometimes went missing. Men were found away from duty with fatal wounds. Nothing that disrupted proceedings too much, but nuisances nonetheless. He exits the vehicle and the shocks of the SUV sigh with relief.

"Ha! An opportunity to stretch our legs presents itself already. New York..." M. Buffalo trails off as he glances wistfully out over the bridge. The water. The city. He takes a deep, satisfied breath and refocuses his attention.

Whatever it is his companion has planned, M. Buffalo is hesitant to get involved too directly. Traveling across the country with this Trickster had come with its fair share of ups and downs, and M. Buffalo was still holding a small grudge after the one car he'd really been able to get comfortable in mysteriously ended up on its side, on fire, across three lanes of traffic. "I thought I saw a duck!" was not a good enough excuse as far as he was concerned.

Hunkering down behind Trickster, M. Buffalo does his best to hide his massive form behind yet another SUV, similar to the one they had just abandoned. If it came down to it, there were worse ways to announce his return to New York City than crushing the skulls of a few thugs and hurling their bodies off the bridge in front of all of these witnesses.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


College Slice

Hitsuji Tadashi
1xp 1 pp
Milestones: The Secrets of the Foot, New York's Finest

"See!", he whispers to the Phoenix next to him. "They even are brutal to their own kind." But at the same time, his ears perk up. If humans want to abuse each other, this was not a thing that interested his much. But one of the brutes had mentioned the Foot, and this was a thing that interested him a great deal. Reaching behind him, he grabs his bow. "We should take them alive, if possible. They might have information", he reminds.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011


Feng Huang

PP: 2 XP: 1
Milestones: New York's Finest, Wing...

At first, Feng cannot take his eyes off the poor huddled people cowering in the back of the shipping container. Then his eyes narrow as a string of invective is unleased against the innocent women and children. Since the man speaks in Feng's native tongue, the mutant understands every threat, every barb. This will not stand! he thinks to himself.

When the ramurai whispers to him, he nods back to his companion in response, before launching himself from his vantage point and gliding to the top of the stack of shipping containers behind the bad guys. The rickety, hollow, rusting shipping containers that will likely do more to amplify any sound he makes than to hide his presence.

Buddy d10, Flight d8, Covert Expert d8, Shipping Container Towers d4: Go Ninja Go Ninja Go!: 1d10 2 2#1d8 1 1 1d4 2. Ninja...ninja...crap!
Total is 2+2=4, with a pity effect die (d4) to sneak to an advantageous position against the thugs. Also a PP, plus two opportunities for Dyne to screw us over!

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at Jul 31, 2015 around 03:12

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

I didn't forget about you guys! I got sick and had no internet for a day or two there, but we're back on track!

Remember, the current actor picks the next actor in the scene!

Spending the opportunities to add a d4 and step it up to d8 for 1 PP for Feng.



New York Harbor, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 10:00 AM
Doom Pool: 2d6, 1d8

The loud landing of the mutant pheasant draws the attention of the thugs down below, who gape in shock at the majestic, anthropomorphic creature perched on top of the shipping containers. For a moment, the shimmering feathers and the fact it's a human sized bird throws the men off, until Frank steps forward, sneering and pulling a machine pistol from the waistband at his back. "It's one of them fuckin' muties the Foot were talkin' about! Don't just stand there, there's a price on their heads!" Frank raises the gun and opens fire on the pheasant above, while the thugs scramble to draw their own guns. Hitsuji, mercifully, has yet to be seen, and Ed, the smart looking one, scrambles into the container to seek cover.


Frank shoots the bird: 1d10+1d8+2d6+1d4 19

Machine Pistol d10
Combat Expert d8
Team d6
Doom Die d6
Shipping Container Towers d4 + 1d6 to doom pool

D8 effect die, 7+5 for 12.

Feng gains 1 XP.

I nominate Hitsuji to go next.



Coney Island, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 10:00 AM
Doom Dice: 2d6

The robber pauses as he hears a voice, turning his head to see the short figure in a trench coat reaching down to draw some kind of weapon. He turns, raising his own switchblade and sneering. "Whatcha gonna do about it, short stu-" His voice catches in his throat as he realizes he has a switchblade to the ronin's katana. The man looks shaken suddenly, but he keeps the blade raised. "Look, I don't care what anime convention you just got out of, but I t-t-think ya might be gettin' in a little deep here, kid." In the moment of distraction, the woman breaks away from him and sprints full tilt down the alley away from both men; he turns to start after her, but curses when he realizes she's gotten away.

He turns back on Usagi, anger on his face. "Man, gently caress you! That was my initiation and you ruined it!" He yells out in anger, clumsily charging and swinging the switchblade at Miyamoto.

Thug Resists Intimidation: 3d8+1d6 16
8+4, d8 effect die. He either takes d8 emotional stress or a d8 intimidated complication at Usagi's choice; stress puts him closer to being knocked out, but a complication can be used against him to make battle easier.

Switchblade d8
No One Cares in New York d8
Menace Expert d8
Solo d6

Thug Attacking Usagi: 3d8+1d6 19 6+8, d8 effect die.
Switchblade d8
No One Cares in New York d8
Menace Expert d8
Solo d6

I pick Renet to go next.[/I]


George Washington Bridge, Manhattan Side, New York City. April 21st, 10:00 AM
The Foot do not notice M. Buffalo, as Trickster makes himself a very large and obvious target. The two men start when they see the walking, talking coyote man striding towards them and chastising them about how to rob people. They glance at each other, keeping their guns leveled on the coyote, keeping a car between them and the mutant. Their voices are slightly muffled by their masks.

"What the hell are you?"
"They didn't say nothin' about no coyote. Just a buncha turtles. Y'think he's with them?"
"Well.. he ain't attacked us yet. The turtles woulda jumped us."
"Yeah, but.. "
"And hey, he's givin' us advice, ain't he?"
"Look, I ain't fuckin' with no mutant ninja coyote, man."
"Right, so maybe he ain't against us?"
"Don't be such a fuckin' optimist, man. Y'remember that idiot with the hockey mask?"
"Yeah but this guy's comin' from Jersey. Nothin' GOOD comes from Jersey."


One of the two laughs at this comment, but the other remains serious; Trickster can tell the man is rolling his eyes, because he's seen enough people do it to his own jokes. So far they seem more engrossed in arguing about who and what he is than shooting him.

Since this is currently still just roleplaying, either of you can act, until it becomes an actual action.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2015 around 23:18

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


College Slice

Hitsuji
1xp 0 pp

Bah! Feng had been heard. Well, it couldn't be helped, Hitsuji decided. But now they had a problem. They were outnumbered, and the thugs had guns. Fortunately, they hadn't seen him yet. So, if he wanted, he could walk away. But that would probably be dishonorable. Hitsuji wouldn't say that Feng was his friend, exactly, but he's been a good traveling companion this trip, and was a victim of Man the same way that Hitsuji's people were. He draws his bow, takes a deep breath, then, aiming at the big man's hand, hoping to pin it to the shipping container

Buddy d6,
Samurai Sheep d8,
Tadashi's Bow d8,
Combat Master d10
and using the Focus SFX to trade those two d8s in for one d10

Firing my Bow: 1d6 5 1d10 2 1d10 8

Spending a pp to activate the limit on Frank's gun, shutting it down
So, that's 5+8=14, Giving Frank the complication "Pinned to the shipping container", d10

Thugs go next

Epicurius fucked around with this message at Aug 2, 2015 around 17:44

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I'll give him the complication. Plenty of time to do Actual Damage to him later.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

Alright, I'll note it in the OP.

Also, linking this again for the live thread: http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Hero-Cheat-Sheet.pdf

That PDF will help you with your rolls and what you can do every turn.

http://nerdnyc.com/tmp/marvel/Watcher-Cheat-Sheet.pdf This one explains some of the terminology but otherwise has the same info, but not as compact.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011


Feng Huang

PP: 3 XP: 2
Milestones: New York's Finest, Wing...

Frank raises his pistol, but as Feng dodges aside, Frank can't help but be dazzled by the sunlight reflecting off Feng's brilliant plumage. His shot goes wide as he stands dumb-struck at the glorious sight.

Buddy d10, Combat Master d10, Enhanced Senses d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, I'm Sexy and I Know It d8,: Reaction: 2#1d10 4 5 3#1d8 2 3 8.
8+5 = 13 exceeds the bad guy's result, so I counterattack with a d10 effect die. Giving Frank the Complication: Awe-struck.

Do I also get 1XP for "Being the center of attention"?

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?


M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 1 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

M. Buffalo ducks around the cars, coming up behind the two Foot thugs as Trickster continues his song and dance routine. The coyote's theatrics may grate after a while, but it's hard to deny the advantageous distraction they provide. The bipedal bovine's two massive hands reach out for the heads of the thugs in front of him, his fingers flexing almost imperceptibly in anticipation of the carnage that is about to unfold.

Buddy (d10)
Street Fighting Champion (d8)
Superhuman Strength (d10)
SFX: Area Attack (d6)
Combat Expert (d8)

Attempting a Double Skull Crush: rolled a 1d10 8, and 1d8 8, for 16, with a 1d10 and 1d6 effect die, and a 1d8 1 as an opportunity.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at Aug 3, 2015 around 16:40

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Renet Tilley
PP: 1 | Milestones: The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe, New York's Finest

Renet rushes after, shouting, "Wait, no, you can't do that!", as she comes up. "You'll ruin the timestream! You can't change history!" She looks on with wide, worried eyes...

... before shouting, "Psych!" and taking a swing at the thug's skull with that wand of hers. Or mace. It seems to double as a mace.

Using Buddy + A Little Nutty + Weapon + Combat Expert + KLONK for a total of 14 with a d8 effect. Might just take him out, depending on what Usagi selected? And I'll take 1 XP for The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Trickster

PP:1 XP: 1 Milestones: Laughing "God", New York's Finest

Trickster looks at the men with the foot (feet? Foots?) on their faces. "Who am I? Are you people that backwards in this city? I am Trickster, God of Trickery! I have lived since the dawn of time! I have tricked the Creator, the hawk, the wolf. I have used my wit to have people hand me their horses with a smile! If anyone could teach you folks how to get people to hand over their goods, it would be me!"

Trickster jumps up on the roof of the car and howls at the moon, whipping his cloak off for all to see. "Look at the lot of you! Let me show you how it's done!" He reaches into the car and pulls the trunk release. He then jumps down and peers in the trunk. "Oh come here and see what we got here!"

Okay, trying to trick the Foot, or at the very least distract them enough for Buffalo to take advantage of them. d8 buddy, D8 Small desert wolf in the big city, Humiliate opponent d10, psych master d10 What's in the trunk?: 2d8+2d10 23

I'll take 0ne d8 and one d10 for a total of 17. I will keep the other d10 as the effect die. The other d8 becomes an opportunity.

Also do I get one exp for declaring myself the god of trickery?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

Yep, XP totals are staying updated in the OP.

Werix, Buffalo has KO'd one guy and the other is at d10 stress; if you want, you can make yours an actual attack and hopefully step up the stress die twice and KO him.

Just need Blockhouse to react to the thug attacking him and possibly counter-attack; if he does, it's likely Renet KO's the poor fucker.

Gonna post for the thugs in Epi/TBN's part soon so we can move everyone along.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

John Dyne posted:

Yep, XP totals are staying updated in the OP.

Werix, Buffalo has KO'd one guy and the other is at d10 stress; if you want, you can make yours an actual attack and hopefully step up the stress die twice and KO him.

Just need Blockhouse to react to the thug attacking him and possibly counter-attack; if he does, it's likely Renet KO's the poor fucker.

Gonna post for the thugs in Epi/TBN's part soon so we can move everyone along.


Sure, kill a foot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I got sickish too! And forgot to counterattack in my last post. This thread has the plague.

Miyamoto Usagi
PP: 1 | XP: 1 | Milestones: Samurai Tourist, New York's Finest

A knife, or at least what passed for one in this world. Usagi knew a thug when he saw one, heard one, and in this case <i>smelled</i> one, and the man's life was simply not worth taking. Especially when there was only one. It was always weird when he wasn't being mobbed by five or six criminals at once. Maybe that's why he didn't fully anticipate how quick the man's swing once. Maybe it was the height difference. Maybe he was just having an off day. Regardless, he still took a step back out of the knife's range while his companion...well, beat him in the head with a stick.

Buddy D8, Honor Above All D8, Enhanced Reflexes D8, Weapon D8, Combat Master D10. After repeatedly loving up dice notation I got a usable roll and it's not great but gently caress if I'm taking a hit from a mugger. PP to add an extra die in, 4, 1, 7, 8, and 9. 7+8+4 = 19 total with d10 effect. and since I used that PP I can't counter I'M NOT TRYING TO PROLONG THIS I SWEAR I'M JUST BAD

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

Since Usagi is the only one who I can pick to act next for his scene, I'll go ahead and use his d10 effect die as a counter attack, effectively beating the thug.

Also I had service calls and didn't notice I got a post from Block so oops.


Coney Island, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 10:05 AM
With Renet distracting the thug and catching him in the teeth with her time scepter, Usagi finds it simple to simple jab the handle of his blade into the man's solar plexis, putting him out like a light and sending him crumpling to the ground like a bag of sand. His jacket falls open as he hits the ground, showing he has a rather ornate looking black envelope tucked into the waistband of his pants. From the angle he's at, Usagi recognizes the symbol of the Foot clan stamped on the envelope with red wax. At the same time, Renet hears the man's cell-phone buzzing; there is only a few buzzes before it stops, so it's likely to just be a text message.

George Washington Bridge, Manhattan Side, New York City. April 21st, 10:05 AM
Thanks to Trickster distracting them, it is all too easy for Buffalo to sneak up behind the two thieves and crack their heads together. making a sound not too much unlike coconuts being rapped together. One of the two simply collapses when Buffalo releases him, but the other scrambles away, looking at him with dazed horror. Before the mook can raise his gun, however, Trickster sticks his foot out and trips the man, causing him to fall backwards and crack his head on the spare tire inside the trunk of the car the coyote had opened. To add insult to injury, Trickster slams the trunk down, knocking the wind out of the thief and ensuring he is completely incapacitated.

As the man slumps out of the trunk, a black envelope with a red, wax footprint on the front falls from his pocket. Buffalo, due to his underworld work, recognizes it as the symbol of a local crime organization known as the Foot; they typically recruit wayward youths to train them out in the streets.

Same roll for both guys.
D6 Buddy
D4 Lots of Cars + D6 doom die
D6 Doom Die

Thug Resisting Head Smash: 2d6+1d4 11 3+3, d6 effect die, steps up physical stress caused by two, pushing d10 past a d12 and knocking him out
Thug Resisting Head Crack: 2d6+1d4 11 2+4, d6 effect dice, steps up d6 physical stress twice to be a d10.



New York Harbor, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 10:02 AM
Feng's acrobatics draw the eyes of both Frank and the thugs, and the leader's shots go wide as his bullets spray into the air and ping off of the side of the shipping container. It's distraction enough for Hitsuji to duck out momentarily and take aim with his bow, pinning the man's arm to the container behind him and knocking his gun from his hands. Frank blinks stupidly, trying to make sense of what's happened, and the men behind him hesitate, trying to decide how best to handle this.

One of them starts firing wildly towards Feng, yelling at the others to kill the mutie, and the other gang members open fire as well, putting Feng once again on the defensive.


Feng is next.

Dock Thugs shooting Feng: 7d6 29
6 + 6 and a d6 effect die. There is an opportunity here; you can spend a PP and create a resource, or step up a push, asset, or stunt die, if you choose to create one.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 10, 2015 around 23:19

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 4, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!


Renet Tilley
PP: 1 | XP: 2 | Milestones: The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe, New York's Finest

Picking up the phone, Renet beams. "Oh, one of these ancient things! I think they called them pagers or phoneys or something. It even has physical buttons, and I think they used numeric codes and some kind of toy whistle- wait, what's this?" She looks at the display, squinting as she fumbles a little with the controls. "It's mega-rude to read somebody else's messages but I think we can make an exception for Sir McMookington of Crimsville here. Let's see..." She looks over with a wide grin. "Oh, hey, I bet I could send back something embarrassing, what do you think?", she asks with her finger poised over the phone. Usagi's probably not the best target to aim at for that sort of question, but he's the only one she's got.

I'll take 1 XP from New York's Finest after defending one of its citizens by beating up another citizen!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

Right, Buffalo, Usagi, Renet, and Trickster get 1 XP. Thanks for reminding me!

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011


Feng Huang

PP: 1 XP: 2
Milestones: New York's Finest, Wing...

As the thugs let fly with their weapons, Feng lets fly himself, taking to the air to avoid their erratic shots before plunging back toward the ground in a streaking dive. At full speed, he launches himself into the side of the topmost shipping container, causing the precarious tower of metal to topple and scattering the thugs...those that are fast enough to get out of the way, anyway.

Reaction is Buddy d10, Flight d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Combat Mastery d10, Hunted d8: Faster than a Speeding Bullet: 2#1d10 5 5 3#1d8 5 5 8... 5 + 8 = 13 with a d10 effect die. They miss.

Spending the PP on a Resource (let's call it a "wayward chunk of metal"), then turning that around and using it in my area attack against the bad guys:
Buddy d10, Flight d8, Weaponry d8, Combat Mastery d10, Shipping Container Tower d8, Resource d8: Crash!: 2#1d10 4 8 4#1d8 8 2 1 1
Edit: Extra Dice for Area Attack: 6#1d6 1 6 3 3 3 2
8 + 6 = 14 with the following effect dice: d10, d8, d8, d6, d6, d6; also three Opportunities for the GM.

Edit again: the Ramurai is up!

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at Aug 15, 2015 around 09:44

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

You add a d6 for each opponent you are trying to hit, and then keep an extra effect die. So to hit the six thugs you would add 6d6 to the roll, and keep an extra 6 effect die; each attack that steps up to d8 would knock out one mook.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010


College Slice

Hitsuji
PP: 1 XP: 1

The thugs are frightened. Good. Hitsuji likes them frightened. Frightened opponents make mistakes. Frightened opponents are prey. Drawing his bow back, he starts trying to pick off the remaining thugs, one by one.

Shooting the thugs
Buddy d6, Samurai Sheep d8, Bow d8, Combat Master d10[
Shooting the thugs: 1d6 5 1d8 7 1d8 8 1d10 3

8+7=15, effect d10

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?


M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 2 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

Picking up the crumpled thug, M. Buffalo sees the man is still barely conscious. A quick headbutt should knock him out, he thinks, then acts. Might as well pick up the other one, too. If the Foot are around, a grand return to the city might not be such a good idea after all. Tossing the first incapacitated Foot into the back of their SUV, M. Buffalo turns to grin at the terrified passengers of the station wagon behind him. Heavy traffic, they expected, but not a floor show.

"Coyote. Get the letter. We need to move."

Buddy (d10)
Street Fighting Champion (d8)
Superhuman Strength (d10)
Combat Expert (d8)

Headbutt A Foot: rolled a 1d10 6, and 1d8 7, for 13, with a 1d8 effect die, and a 1d10 1 as another opportunity.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at Aug 19, 2015 around 18:02

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Allergic to Seinfeld.

New York Harbor, New York City. April 21st, 1992. 10:05 AM

The thugs fire helplessly at the sparkling, flying mutant, unable to aim due to the dazzling sheen of his wings. He flips around, slamming full bore, shoulder first into the side of the shipping containers, and with a slow, ponderous groan that picks up tremendous speed, the container tower tips over, sending the thugs running. It strikes the ground with a sound like an explosion, and the force of the impact blows the metal top upwards, sending out a spray of cardboard boxes filled with towels. The thugs are, almost in unison, bowled over by the tidal wave of Bed, Bath, and Beyond offal, and the few who aren't continue running, refusing to fight anything that could knock over a shipping container.

Peering nervously out from the container he hid in, Ed finds himself at arrow point from the ramurai, and Frank just stays slumped against the container, a look of utter contempt on his face. "Fuckin' ninja mutants. How many of you ARE there? Once the Shredder finds out about you morons, your days are numbered!" He grins, scrabbling his feet under him to stand up, reaching to try to pull the arrow free. He seems to be having trouble with it.


Sorry for the wait. We're back on target. Everyone take 2 XP.

Just need Werix and Blockhouse to post, and we can move the story along; your fights are over and you've got to move and/or find a place to talk to your bad guys. Inkspot and Werix have two thugs and a letter, ARB and Blockhouse have a letter, and TBN and Epicurius have two thugs! Hooay for leads! Consider this a transition scene.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at Aug 20, 2015 around 17:22

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011


Feng Huang

PP: 2 XP: 3
Milestones: New York's Finest, Wing...

Once Feng and his ally corral the remaining thugs, he steps into the shadows of the container and speaks to the frightened innocents in their native tongue. "You are free of those who would seek to abuse and manipulate you. If you wish, we can escort you to someplace safe, or you may attempt to find refuge on your own." Almost as an afterthought he adds, "Do any of you recall the details of those who promised you passage on this vessel? You were likely to be sold into slavery, and we mean to have words with those who would act in such a manner."

Turning to his companions he says under his breath, "Humans!" as if it were an expletive.

Do I need to roll to get useful information out of the bystanders before we take the thugs away for more serious questioning?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Trickster

PP:1 XP: 3 Milestones: Laughing "God", New York's Finest

Trickster grabs the letter and sniffs at it. "You know, I was never taught to read. What with first peoples and oral traditions and all." He puts the letter in his waistband and then looks at Buffalo, "What in my name are you doing?" Trickster waves his hand at the standstill traffic. "we can't sit here and wait for traffic to get moving." Trickster starts to barrel down the bridge on all fours, weaving between, and jumping on top of, the still gridlocked cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Miyamoto Usagi
PP: 0 | XP: 2 | Milestones: Samurai Tourist, New York's Finest

Satisfied with the criminal's defeat, Usagi briefly considers informing the proper authorities, before realizing that the police may have more than a few questions for the rabbit and the oddly dressed woman. Once the letter catches his attention, Usagi bends over to pick it up.

"I do not know what sort of 'message' you could send with that contraption." The ronin waves the letter in his hand. "This is more what I'm used to. Perhaps they are related in some way?"

  • Locked thread
«2 »