Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Renet Tilley
PP: 1 | XP: 3 | Milestones: The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe, New York's Finest

"Oh, it's like..." Renet spaces out, trying to come up with a time-appropriate reference. "... a messenger pigeon only... it's invisible... and stays in your hand?" She makes a nervous smile, as if knowing that probably didn't enlighten at all. "Also it's got a message tied to its not-leg." Pausing, she stops to try and check the message. And hopefully not accidentally erase it. These old devices have UIs that are essentially still designed by cavemen, after all. "I can see why you get along with Leo.", she adds, before starting to walk. "C'mon, let's keep moving."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hitsuji
PP: 1 XP: 3

Hitsuji looks at the two humans they have trapped. "Watch your tongue, human! Who is this Shredder you speak off?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Lost access to my dropbox with my notes and had to go through a bunch of poo poo to get it back since it was an email I no longer have. :v: YAY

New York Harbor
One of the men from within the crate, looking more busted up than the others, steps forward with an almost palpable air of nobility. He speaks in a dialect of Cantonese that Feng is able to understand, and his voice is soft; initially, he does not make eye contact with Feng. "(We were not offered passage, my friend; we were picked up off the street by the very miscreants of society that you have saved us from. Those of us who tried to fight back..") He trails off, raising his jaw and looking the birdman square in the eyes. "(You can see our reward for insubordination. We were to join their ranks, or our families would suffer. We were to suffer their experiments, or they would perform them on our families in our stead.)"

"(But I believe that to be a lie. We will seek refuge within Chinatown, stranger; many of us have family there, and there is a consulate that will not ask many questions of the Foot and will see that we make it home. We thank you, and wish you the best on your journey. If you are to face against the Shredder of New York, you will need it.")
He bows, giving a wan smile, before helping the others get to their feet. While the refugees begin to leave the boat, Hitsuji turns his attention back to Frank and Ed. When questioned, Frank stubbornly grins, giving the sheep only a string of expletives.

Ed, however, does not seem keen on trying to ramurai's wrath. "Uh, excuse me, sheep guy? Hi, Edward Shanks, uh, I'm freelance here and uh, I didn't quite uh, sign up for this kinda thing..." He trails off, nervously glancing at the furious face of Edward before continuing. "The Shredder is uh, the head of one of the biggest uh, crime syndicates here in New York." He adjusts his glasses, clearly fidgeting. "He's got a uh, problem, I guess, with.. well.. with creatures like you." He gives an awkward smile and continues, speeding up his chattering. "But uh they're turtles see and you're a uh sheep so not really like you like you but uh similar? And he wanted to make his own."

He pauses, looking between Hitsuji and Feng. "And that's why we had these, uh, people. For us to make into mutants."

The Bridge

Scooping up their captives, Buffalo and Trickster quickly pick their way through the traffic jam, drawing a few cheers for various sports teams that use their forms as mascots. After several minutes they end up on solid ground, and duck down a side street where they can get some privacy. After Buffalo dumps the two robbers into a pile of trash, Trickster tears open the letter out of a sense of curiosity and the possibility for mischief making.

While the symbol is unfamiliar to him, he recognizes a recruitment letter when he sees one. He turns the paper this way and that, before holding it up to the sun and revealing a watermark at the bottom, with an address. Clever, but not clever enough for a god of tricks; he figures that someone succeeding in their task would've gotten a similar letter with some cryptic bullshit about looking to the light to find the initiation site. But hey, the Foot liked to use the same paper for everything, so bully for them.

Behind him, the two foot hopefuls groan and stir as they awaken from their sudden nap.

The Alley

Miyamoto, as well, opens the letter, but he recognizes the symbol all too well; it is the personal emblem of a Shredder within the Foot. ed: Not sure if Miyamoto can read english, but I'll assume Renet reads it to him. The contents of the letter bother him; it is most definitely a recruitment drive, and the man at their feet had been a hopeful for the criminal syndicate.

Renet reads the text message, squinting at the tiny, tiny screen. It's apparently someone named 'Jayrod' complaining about a bald man getting upset about the phone owner's continued absence.

'u better hurry up or hes gonna kick ur rear end when you get in lol'

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Feng Huang

PP: 2 XP: 3
Milestones: New York's Finest, Wing...

"So this 'The Shredder' wishes to inflict his tortures upon animals as well as humans. It could be that he is in league with the Chinese, and assisting them in their experiments. That would be most disturbing if their reach extended even across the sea. It seems that the situation is not safe for us here either, my friend. While it is tempting to go to ground yet again, it seems that there are others already like us that have been caught up in the danger. It might be, then, that we must do what we can to convince 'The Shredder' to give up his plans. If that means nothing other than taking the fight to him so that we -- and any others he would victimize -- might finally live in peace, then so be it." To Edward, he adds, "These Turtles of whom you speak -- where might one find them? And what of this 'The Shredder'? Is he a man who can be brought back from the path upon which he has strayed? Or does he speak only the language of the Fist and the Bullet?"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Renet Tilley
PP: 1 | XP: 3 | Milestones: The Biggest Loon Pie in the Universe, New York's Finest

Reading out the letter, Renet squints. "Huh. I'm betting this has to do with why you're here. I mean, other than just me.", she says, swinging the sceptre for a moment to emphasize it. Phone in the other hand. She looks at it, though, and starts to thumb out a message: 'im done were r we meetin'. She beams. "Just the proper amount of sloppy writing. I think. Anyway, we should get going before she calls the fuzz- er, local guard. They probably wouldn't understand our civic-minded beatdown."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Trickster

PP:1 XP: 3 Milestones: Laughing "God", New York's Finest

Trickster gazes at the letter. He's half tempted to draw a big smiley face on it, but realizes he doesn't have a pencil. He holds it out sheepishly for M. Buffalo to look at. "Does this say anything important, or can I use it to wipe my bum?"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 2 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

Taking the letter from the rascally coyote, M. Buffalo tears off the piece at the bottom and stuffs it into one of his pockets. The address will hopefully prove useful. The rest, ...

"All yours."

The audible rustle of the groggy men behind him attracts Buffalo's attention. Turning slowly, he takes a knee and makes sure his dark, shaggy visage is all the thugs can see. He breathes heavily. Purposefully. The air between the three is thick with the assertion of Buffalo's control.

"First, let it be made clear that I do not abide deception." Buffalo looks to one thug, then the other. "So tell me. How did you come upon this, ... invitation?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Trickster

PP:1 XP: 3 Milestones: Laughing "God", New York's Finest

Trickster takes the paper and puts it in his pocket, for bum wiping later, when he remembers he forgot something. He bounds back to the SUV they had been in, and reaches through the window, gathering the large pile of toilet paper taken from a dark and by now messy gas station bathroom. He bundles as much of it up as he can. carrying the giant white ball under an arm. He jumps back over to Buffalo, and peers at the thugs, grinning a mouth full of teeth. "They're no fun. Why ask them? Lets just go to the place the funny paper says to go and ask the host, hm?"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 2 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

"Patience is a virtue, my friend. Yes, we could stumble blindly into enemy territory, but our reception could put a decisive end to any future mischief.

Maybe, if I am to reclaim my place in this world, the time has come to expand our little company. Even if just, ..." Buffalo spares a brief second to glance up at Trickster, then returns his gaze to the two thugs.

"Temporarily."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Hitsuji
PP: 1 XP: 3

Hitsuji grunts. "All humans know only of the fist and the bullet. But very well, friend Phoenix. If it pleases you, we shall find this Shredder and "reason" with him.. Besides, one of the men they kept in their boxes made mention of the Foot. They are the humans I have been sent here to find." He remembers his Daimyo's instructions as he and the old ram stood on the green meadow overlooking the village..

"Tadashi", his Daimyo had said, "I have watched you, ever since you were a little lamb. You have always been skilled, both in the arts of the mind and of the body. That is why I have chosen you for a mission." A mission! Hitsuji had tried to stay humble, but in spite of that, his chest still puffed up slightly with pride. The Daimyo continued. "Across the sea is the man city of New York. I have learned that in that city dwells the human Hamato Yoshi." The name meant nothing to Hitsuji. "Hamato Yoshi is a master of the ninja clan known as the Foot. I believe he has gone there to establish the Clan of the Foot in America." As Hitsuji listened carefully, the Daimyo continued. "You know that all humans are our enemies. But of all of humanity, the Foot Clan is our greatest enemy, and of all of the leaders of the Foot Clan, Hamato Yoshi is our greatest of enemies. Even now, when I think of what he did to us, I am so enraged I can almost not speak. You must go to America, and you must find Hamato Yoshi, and you must cut him down, he and all his students. This you must do, for me, for Sheep Village, and for all sheep everywhere."

"Yes", Hitsuki says to Fang Huang. "The Shredder would be a good man to speak to."

• Locked thread