Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo
PP: 1

Though something classic would have been more to his taste, the standard model sedans available on the road are ill-equipped to carry anyone with such stature as M. Buffalo. Still chuckling darkly to himself about the COEXIST sticker on their current transport's bumper, he sits in the backseat of a massive SUV, picking lazily through what's left of the previous owners' suburban detritus. Traveling with this desert dog had been good for him so far. Better than on his own. After all, a strong leader needs a strong, subservient number two.

"You will see, Coyote. New York is a much better place for business than the glitz of Reno or the rats of Chicago. More steel. More stone. More blood. Things with which to build."

pre:
M. Buffalo

Affliations:	Solo d8		Buddy d10	Team d6

Distinctions:	For Me, It Was Tuesday...
		Street Fighting Champion
		Pax Buffalonia!

Power Set:	Rough Rider

Superhuman Strength d10		Superhuman Durability d10
		Superhuman Stamina d10		Enhanced Speed d8

SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents.  For every additional opponent,
add 1d6, and keep an additional effect die.

SFX: Berserk. Add a die from the doom pool to one or more attack actions. Step up
the doom pool by +1 for each action; return to the doom pool when you are done.

SFX: Second Wind. Before making an action, you may move your physical stress
die to the doom pool and step up a power by one die.

SFX: Versatile. Replace any Rough Rider power with 2d8 or 3d6 on your next roll.

Limit: Exhausted. Shut down any power to gain 1 pp.  Recover power by
activating on an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.

Specialties:	Combat Expert d8	Crime Master d10	Menace Master d10

Milestone:	Central Dakota

1 XP… 	when you give a hero or villain your word.
3 XP… 	when you either break your word to that hero or keep your word to that villain.
10 XP… 	when you either prove to that hero that breaking your word helped them
or prove to that villain that keeping your word hurt them.

Milestone:	A Nickel's Worth Of Advice

1 XP…	when you stand up to another hero.
3 XP…	when you prove one of your decisions was best for your team.
10 XP…	when you stress out the last foe in an Action Scene, or another
character acknowledges your assistance was essential in saving the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 1 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

The red feet spark memories in the dark recesses of M. Buffalo's mind. Shipments sometimes went missing. Men were found away from duty with fatal wounds. Nothing that disrupted proceedings too much, but nuisances nonetheless. He exits the vehicle and the shocks of the SUV sigh with relief.

"Ha! An opportunity to stretch our legs presents itself already. New York..." M. Buffalo trails off as he glances wistfully out over the bridge. The water. The city. He takes a deep, satisfied breath and refocuses his attention.

Whatever it is his companion has planned, M. Buffalo is hesitant to get involved too directly. Traveling across the country with this Trickster had come with its fair share of ups and downs, and M. Buffalo was still holding a small grudge after the one car he'd really been able to get comfortable in mysteriously ended up on its side, on fire, across three lanes of traffic. "I thought I saw a duck!" was not a good enough excuse as far as he was concerned.

Hunkering down behind Trickster, M. Buffalo does his best to hide his massive form behind yet another SUV, similar to the one they had just abandoned. If it came down to it, there were worse ways to announce his return to New York City than crushing the skulls of a few thugs and hurling their bodies off the bridge in front of all of these witnesses.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 1 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

M. Buffalo ducks around the cars, coming up behind the two Foot thugs as Trickster continues his song and dance routine. The coyote's theatrics may grate after a while, but it's hard to deny the advantageous distraction they provide. The bipedal bovine's two massive hands reach out for the heads of the thugs in front of him, his fingers flexing almost imperceptibly in anticipation of the carnage that is about to unfold.

Buddy (d10)
Street Fighting Champion (d8)
Superhuman Strength (d10)
SFX: Area Attack (d6)
Combat Expert (d8)

Attempting a Double Skull Crush: rolled a 1d10 8, and 1d8 8, for 16, with a 1d10 and 1d6 effect die, and a 1d8 1 as an opportunity.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Aug 3, 2015

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

PP: 1 XP: 2 Milestones: Central Dakota, New York's Finest

Picking up the crumpled thug, M. Buffalo sees the man is still barely conscious. A quick headbutt should knock him out, he thinks, then acts. Might as well pick up the other one, too. If the Foot are around, a grand return to the city might not be such a good idea after all. Tossing the first incapacitated Foot into the back of their SUV, M. Buffalo turns to grin at the terrified passengers of the station wagon behind him. Heavy traffic, they expected, but not a floor show.

"Coyote. Get the letter. We need to move."

Buddy (d10)
Street Fighting Champion (d8)
Superhuman Strength (d10)
Combat Expert (d8)

Headbutt A Foot: rolled a 1d10 6, and 1d8 7, for 13, with a 1d8 effect die, and a 1d10 1 as another opportunity.

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 19, 2015

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

Taking the letter from the rascally coyote, M. Buffalo tears off the piece at the bottom and stuffs it into one of his pockets. The address will hopefully prove useful. The rest, ...

"All yours."

The audible rustle of the groggy men behind him attracts Buffalo's attention. Turning slowly, he takes a knee and makes sure his dark, shaggy visage is all the thugs can see. He breathes heavily. Purposefully. The air between the three is thick with the assertion of Buffalo's control.

"First, let it be made clear that I do not abide deception." Buffalo looks to one thug, then the other. "So tell me. How did you come upon this, ... invitation?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
M. Buffalo

"Patience is a virtue, my friend. Yes, we could stumble blindly into enemy territory, but our reception could put a decisive end to any future mischief.

Maybe, if I am to reclaim my place in this world, the time has come to expand our little company. Even if just, ..." Buffalo spares a brief second to glance up at Trickster, then returns his gaze to the two thugs.

"Temporarily."

• Locked thread