Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Frimelda Brokenshield

"I will take care of that" she said nodding as she started to look for a good spot for the party to rest safe from prying eyes but not so far from the road they would waste too much time. Hopefully the ground would be kind to them as she started working on gathering everything (altough she would not say no to anyone willing to give a hand)

As she started working Frimelda started to sing. She did not notice when she did so but it seemed to help her focus the song was an old song popular among children (And the teens who liked to change the lyrics to something a bit more rude or disturbing) still nonetheless she worked. hopefully she'd finish camp sonn and would get to join and meet her new travelling companions. This was so exciting just like the tales of old

Camping check: 2#1d6 3 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Maybe tomorrow, I'll find a home.
Halvar Colburn

The young man visibly deflates as everyone else comes to an agreement about making camp for the night. "Oh, alright," Halvar concedes with a sigh before unceremoniously plopping down to take a seat on the ground. Maybe it was for the best after all. There were monsters out in the wilderness and being attacked in the darkness sounded dangerous.

"Ah, let me help you Lady Brokenshield!" Halvar suddenly calls out as he shrugs off his pack and leaps to his feet. "Never set up a camp before, but an extra pair of hands can't hurt, right?"

Camp Check Support [DEX+INT]: 4

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!
The most seasoned of travelers would not fault you for wisely electing to set up camp.

Taking advantage of the last fleeting moments of daylight and trusting in his newfound companions, Marcus meanders a small distance away from the others, having noticed a rock outcropping that sharply juts up from the gently rolling earth. In the shade of which, he well knew, was the perfect sort of place to find moonwort bulbs. Sure enough, nestled next to the rock, the old man spots the telltale sprigs of the plant he was looking for!

Fortune smiles upon thee, for thou hast found the Moonwort Bulb!

Although the summer air is warm, once the sun entirely vanishes from sight a drop in temperature immediately becomes noticeable. Fortunately, by the time this happens Frimelda already has a small but warm fire going, which does a great job of chasing away the damp that hangs in the nighttime air.

But, perhaps because of his zeal, or because he'd really wanted to keep going, it seems as though Halvar winds up needing more of Frimelda's help with things instead of the other way around. It's a small thing, however, and by the time Marcus returns, the party's campsite is about as perfect as it could be.

Now all that remains is to enjoy the rest of your evening, get to bed early, and be up in great time to start tomorrow!

Frimelda is successful at camp-making, but Halvar isn't quite so successful at supporting. But the good news is that your campsite turned out well all the same!

If everyone would like to provide another Condition & Travel check, you can move on at your convenience!

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Frimelda Brokenshield

"Aight thats close enough but try like this" she can't remember how many times she said that phrase but hey she could not Blame Halvar for trying to help and he was so eager and all help was good help and after everything was side and done they had a good fire going and the group was relaxing

"Well is our first night on the field. Why don't we introduce ourselves?" she asked smiling "Is good to know your travelling companions know who is looking after your back and everything" she said as she sighed and stood up tossing her hair backwards (She could not remember how many times she rehearsed that in front of the mirror) "My name is Frimelda of house Lotti" she said introducing herself "Altough the nickname Brokenshield has stuck with me. I've trained in the art of the sword and the bow" she said with a confident nod "I'll do everything in my power to keep all of you safe"

Condition: 2#1d6 5 4 =9
Travel: 2#1d6 3 5 =8

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

Liza sits cross-legged, poking curiously at the crackling flames with a branch. After a few tries she coaxes the logs into a roaring campfire. Happy with her work, she beams at her companions through the flickering orange light.

"I'm Journeywoman Liza, from the humble house of Lee. Just Liza's fine though. Spend most of my days hammering away in the Tantegel Enchanter's Guild, like my ma and pa before me. That's the easy part anyway." Her eyes turn wistfully to the stars and she exhales before turning back. "As ya might expect I need to practice an awful lot of magic before I can advance. So far I've got a knack for plants and animals, and I'm 100% sure I'll find more. Oh, and if you need any little things repaired I'm the woman to call!"

Condition: 1d8+1d6: 6
Travel: 1d8+1d6: 8

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Marcus Dandybrook
Marcus grins in the firelight, hands over a small pile of Moonwort he was preparing suspended on his lap. It was the bulbs that had the real kick to them, but peel them wrong and they’ll come apart. He wasn’t entirely buying the noblewoman’s bravado, but wasn’t about to go bursting bubbles either. Not on a beautiful night like tonight. “Something tells me if Frimelda’s getting in front of everything frightening she’ll be a constant customer of yours!” He chuckled to his own joke, not particularly caring if anyone else found it funny. Now that was the privilege of age!

“M’name’s Marcus, Dandybrook as it were. I’m a retired, uh… lots of things. I worked at a forge once, but they wouldn’t let me touch anything but the bellows! Eventually I found it too hot for my tastes and hit the road again. Ifn’ you ever want some pointers, I’ve got a few tricks the Heavens have been kind enough to grant me that I still remember. “

_____
The next day, Marcus wakes up with a bit of an achy back, but nothing that won’t shake out. Besides, a flower landed in his morning tea. That’s a sure sign of good traveling luck!
Condition Check the Second: 1d6+1d8 6
Travel Check the Second: 1d4+1d6 10 (Hurray~)

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Halvar Colburn

It had been more than a little embarrassing how little help Halvar had been in setting up the camp. It seemed like reading old travel guides was no match for actual experience and while Frimelda had been kind enough not to say anything, it didn't make the situation any less awkward. Ah well. That was part of travelling too, learning new things. He'd do better next time, Halvar swore to himself.

Listening to the others properly introduce themselves, Halvar speaks up next. "Well, uh. I think I mentioned it earlier, but I'm Halvar Colburn and I'm an apprentice smith under my father at the Laughing Wolf Forge. Like Miss Lee, if you need help fixing things, I'm sure I can be of help. Oh, though we at the Laughing Wolf specialize in armor in particular. We're the ones who make the stuff the town guard uses, you know?" A proud smile takes its place on Halvar's face as he speaks about the family business, though it disappears as he thinks about home. How were his parents reacting now, with him gone?

Condition Check [STR+SPI]: 2 (...Ouch)
Travel Check [STR+DEX]: 9

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Yinus

Yinus pulls an astonishing number of logs out of his backpack and dumps them into and around the fire, almost like they were tinder.

"'m Yinus," he says as his eyes droop. "'m...sleepy." He nods off right there on the ground. It doesn't look comfortable in the slightest, but that doesn't seem to stop him from getting a full night's sleep.

Condition check: 5.
Travel check: 11.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

The morning is cool and damp, and a thin layer of dew covers most everything. It's not long for this world, however, as orange-tinged sky to the east heralds the coming morning. However, it isn't the sun, it's the birds and their lively early-morning chirruping that wake you from your collective slumber. By the time the sun is poking over the plains to the east, the fire that burned down to just a few embers overnight has been restored to at least a portion of it's former glory thanks to Yinus' small stock of seasoned firewood.

All things considered, it's a warm, lively morning for almost everyone. Everyone save Halvar, who unfortunately seems to be having some trouble adjusting to life on the road. Perhaps he slept poorly, or perhaps the thoughts of how his parents might be coping were eating at him, either way, the prospect of the day ahead weighs more heavily upon him. At least breakfast is delicious.

The group is back on the road by mid-morning!

Marcus controls the party's movement! He can move the group 4 Squares!

Today's Total Party Condition: 28
Today's Total Party Travel: 46

Poor Halvar. :/ You get to choose a status ailment for him, Daraken! However, instead of it being at 4 strength, it's only at 2 because of how it also impacts the group's movement.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Aug 24, 2015

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Marcus Dandybrook
"Oh, there ain't nothing like new horizons. Makes me wonder sometimes why I ever gave up the traveling life. That cave to the south looks might interesting, but Garinham's still our destination."

One Square west, 3 North. Surely brushing by the forest won't do us any harm... Ending in D6 for clarity's sake.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

"Heya Halvar, if you don't mind me asking, are you doin' OK?" Liza asks quietly as they near a verdant stand of trees; she had noticed a rather downcast face around the kettle at breakfast. Hopefully it's just that he's not a morning person.

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Halvar Colburn

Blinking blearily at Liza, Halvar just stares at her for a minute before his brain finally catches up. "S-sorry. Didn't sleep too well last night," the apprentice smith mumbles while a hand tiredly rubs over his eyes. Thoughts about his family had dominated his mind last night and continued to trouble him in the morning, leaving Halvar wondering if this was really what he wanted. Was it truly alright, leaving his family behind to be some kind of hero?

Shaking his head in an attempt to clear it, Halvar then gives his fellow artisan a honest smile. "I'll be alright Miss Lee. Might be a bit distracted today, but I'll keep up."

Halvar has [Exhaustion:2], so SPI is reduced by one die size. Except a stat can't go below 4 so I guess it does nothing! :D

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

The going is a little slower today, but as the day comes to a close after cresting one last gently rolling hill, in the distance you notice a lone wagon. Drawing closer, you can clearly see that one of the wheels has been removed. It rests against a barrel, and appears to be broken. A pair of horses are tethered to the wagon, though no longer harnessed to it. One of them was grazing, but raised it's head to look in your direction as you came into sight. Best of all, however, is the healthy fire, it's lone tender ceasing his poking at the logs and rising from his log seat to face you.

This took longer than it should have to get done. Apologies.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yinus

Yinus gives the horses an appraising look - good haulers, but their ankles aren't sturdy enough to drag a plow through bad earth. Maybe a couple of generations, or find a donkey somewhere...

Oh, right.

The big man flips his cloak back down over his face and scuttles along behind Marcus, utterly unhidden by the old guy.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

Liza walks cautiously up to the nearest horse, waiting until it relaxes and nudges its head towards her. She gives it a gentle scratch on the neck before turning to the fire-tender. "Those are some beautiful horses you've got here, mister. Ah, I'm Liza by the way. Me and the party here are heading up to Garinham to see a friend of ours." Out of the corner of her eye she's noticed the wagon wheel; it doesn't look like a bad case. Heck, she's caused worse.

"Looks like ya might have a de-settin' break near your hub bands there." A cheerful, confident smile lights up her face. "Mind if we take a look?"

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Marcus Dandybrook

Marcus dips his hat down low. 'Course this could all be a trick- the old Double Wagon, the Switchsy-Deucey, the Sunset Shakedown. Oldest tricks in the book. Yinus, big spooky looking fellow as he was, at least knew to be a bit cautious. Still, nothing to be done at this point. His hat comes back up with a cheerful smile on his face.

"Heavens smile upon ya, sir, being out here in the wilds by yourself. The name's Marcus, and we're fellow travelers making our way north by northwest, as the lady says. Please, take your seat back, you've nothing to fear from us. " He trundles over to the fire to warm his hands, all friendly-like.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Frimelda Brokensheild

Frimelda looked at the man and her companions moving into positions she moved to the fire too to feel the warmth and smiling "Good day good man" she said trying her best to seem friendly "Hope your travels are treating you nicely" she said looking at Liza and her offer "We have some skilled people with us and we could give a hand or two" she said smiling

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

"Fortune smiles upon us all," the man declares, apparently grateful to have met you. He appears middle-aged, taller than all of you except possibly Yinus if Yinus abandoned his prowling gait and stood up straight. He's armed; a copper sword tucked in his belt, and lightly armored with common traveler's fare. His piercing green eyes lock on to Yinus, appearing momentarily uncertain, but Liza and Marcus' words and demeanor immediately dismiss any concerns.

With a welcoming motion, he invites you closer to his fire, "I'm Dalan. I came from the east, from Rimuldar by way of Kol."

"I would be grateful, miss. My own fault for chancing the journey without fixing the spare," he replies to Liza, admitting some degree of fault for his predicament, "I don't have too much to offer, but at the very least I can set you up with a fine meal and maybe a little extra. Rough times for folk like us these days."

"Not two days back, I was in the company of two mercenaries. Brother and sister, who were headed to Garinham," Dalan says, trying to be helpful, "good coin, they'd said, in dealing with monster nuisances in the area. I'd suggest caution if'n you're headed that way, but there's something to be said for strength in numbers."

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Halvar Colburn

Following Liza's lead, Halvar had wordlessly crouched down beside the broken wagon wheel to get a better idea what repairs would be needed. When Dalan introduces himself, the apprentice smith perks up and stops his inspection to get to his feet and face the other man.

"Rimuldar?" Halvar repeats in a happy tone. "Is it really a city in the middle of a lake?" A wistful smile appears on his face. "I've always wanted to see what that would look like, you know."

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

The second she's given the OK, Liza takes out her tools and fiddles with the wheel in a blur of motion. She has, however, left ample room for Halvar's own inspections. "Lessee, if we tighten the main band, replace these here spans with sturdier wood, maybe work on the break point...could have it done before dark. Or faster if I weld it usin' Blazem- no, no, bad idea." Liza wipes her forehead with a sigh of relief. Sun must be getting to her.

After a few adjustments she raises herself up and delivers her verdict. "We can get this wagon up and rolling in no time. Might need some strong hands to lift the wagon once it's done, but I'll be darned if we don't got plenty of those! Though, uh, what kinda monsters did they say were the nuisance exactly?"

Repair [STR+DEX]: 7
I guess we can scrape up/ignore the materials we need to repair?

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Marcus Dandybrook

Just the thought of picking up an entire wagon makes Marcus's back twinge. Still, this gent seems to be on the level. He moves over to help hand tools around, careful not to lose any as Liza goes to work in a whirlwind of wheelwrighting. "Well, Dalan, we're just taking to the road, but Garinham was our destination in the first place. You moving around as a trader?"

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Frimelda Brokenshiled

Frimelda nodded at Liza's words "I am sure we would be able to do so and make sure our friend here is back on his way soon" she said trusting in Liza's words, Frimelda was going to carry her part of the load in this endeavor that was for sure "Monster nuisances in the area is the part that makes me feel preocupied with our own travel" she said looking at the group "But I guess we are resourceful enough to get pass them with no harm" she said omiting the I hope she was planning to add at the end

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Dalan looks on with animated interest as Liza and Halvar do their thing. It'll take some time, the two both conclude, but with the materials they have on-hand, getting the wheel patched together well enough that it'll reach the nearest town with absolute certainty. Dalan seems all too happy to answer the group's questions while the two smiths work in concert.

"I'm originally from Kol," Dalan says, smiling, "but my wife is from Rimuldar, and these days we make our home there. I can say that coming home after a long journey, clearing the woods at the end of the day and catching the town and lake in the light of the setting sun, that well, very few sights in all the places I've been compare."

"but I might be biased," he adds, sounding wry. After a pause, he continues, looking over towards Liza, "slimes, believe it or not. Just regular slimes. Apparently, when those little buggers get to be in too much of an abundance, it runs the risk of a Slime King being formed. And that could be a real problem."

"Coming on nearly 15 years of doing this now," he replies to Marcus, sounding somewhat matter-of-factly, "journeying out from Rimuldar around to Cantlin, stopping everywhere in between, and managing to get back again by mid-autumn."

Liza succeeds with her 7!

That said, it wasn't my intention to just up and vanish for nearly two weeks. Certainly not without notice, at least. Regardless, I'm terribly, terribly sorry. If this has inadvertently killed the game, well, it's my own drat fault.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yinus

"How's that a problem," Yinus says. "Ain't Slime Kings really valuable? An' they look so happy..."

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

Liza glances up from her hub re-fastening to chime in. "I'm with Yinus here. There's plenty of folks who've met friendly slimes. Though I can't say I know that about Slime 'Kings'..."

She mumbles a few more questions to no one in particular, having regained focus on her work. "Wouldn't there be Slime Queens somewhere? Huh, and who'd make their crowns if they don't have hands? Must be magic."

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Halvar Colburn

Humming happily, Halvar nods with a wistful smile in response to Dalan. Perhaps the group's travels would take them to Rimuldar in the future? That would be nice...

With a shake of his head to clear away his daydreams, the smith rejoins the conversation. "Any monster with the name 'King' in it sounds like bad news," Halvar replies with a furrowed brow as he absently hands tools and parts to his fellow artisan. "Those smiles don't make slimes any less dangerous, ya know?"

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

"I've traveled the length and breadth of Alefgard more than once," Dalan says, "and although I have met some friendly slimes, I can assure you that the overwhelming majority weren't."

"Not that they're malicious," he hastily adds, as though he were worried he might have offended someone with his blunt appraisal, "more nuisances, really. But them Kings, they change that. Power corrupts, they say."

"I can't speak as to their value, but there was a Slime King that terrorized the area to the south of Rimuldar, oh, seven, maybe eight years back. They're certainly dangerous, and they embolden other nearby slimes and make them more violent, " he concludes.

Liza and Halvar finish the job in relatively short order, just in time for the sun to slip beneath the horizon. While you've been working away and gathering insight, Dalan has worked hard to craft a thick and delicious smelling stew over the fire. Handing out bowls filled to the brim to each of you, he sounds apologetic, "it's rather meager, I know. I'm sorry I don't have anything more impressive to offer you folks besides filling your bellies and a healthy fire to camp by."

Dalan's food is delicious, and provides you all with a +1 bonus to your Condition rolls! If and when everyone's all set and ready to go, night will pass and you can make your Condition and Travel rolls. In the meantime, Dalan will answer questions or help with whatever he can.

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Frimelda Brokenshield

Frimelda enjoyed the dinner and closed her eyes as she took a sniff of the stew. It smelled quite different to what she was used to back home but it did not felt bad. When she took the first spoonful her eyes seemed to glitter "This is delicious" she exclaimed in an almost girlish tone before clearing her troat "I mean you've done a great job with this meal sir" she said with a soft awkward laughter as she removed her hair from her face.

After dinner she stood "Well if you excuse me I think I'm going to rest. Don't party too hard guys" she said as she hurried to bed

Condition: 2#1d6+1 4 5 The actual results is 3+4+1 so 8
Travel: 1d6+1d6+1 9

Edit Oct/02/2015 added the travel check

dereku fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 2, 2015

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

Liza collapses down next to the fire, snatches up a piping hot bowl of stew, then downs the lion's share of it. It's so delicious she sits up straight and ladles in a re-fill. The well-earned slouch she'd developed over hours of wrenching and turning disappears in moments.

"Aaah, that's good stuff, Dalan. I could walk from here to the Southern Sea with more meals like that."

After a quick brush of her sturdy handkerchief, she turns to everyone present with a little more concern in her voice. "If things are that dangerous, it sounds like we'll have to deal with Mr. Slime King one way or another. I just can't see us saving the wo- our friend if we don't help out her town. Are ya with me?" Hm, and she'll ask Frimelda in the morning.

Travel Check #3: 14
Condition Check #3:8
Now that's a nice Travel Roll.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Marcus Dandybrook

Marcus smiles at Liza's outburst but his eyes are a little cold. He pulls his hat down over his head and lays back, propping his head on a leftover log while leaving the stew on his belly to cool a bit. "Valor's really good and all, but let's start by seeing if we can battle a regular slime first. Lots'a people I've seen get into a real scrap, face to face with a Dracky, and they decide that the traveling life ain't for them. Still... It's good to hear you're up for it. If you don't have the grit now, you may never have it. " His head moves to the side, waiting to hear from Halvar- the poor lad must be terrified.

Condition check the Third: 1d6+1d8+1 11 Woo~ I'll take +SPI for my temporary bonus.
Travel Check the Third: 1d4+1d6 3]That's.. less good. Not a fumble though!

I'm sorry, I didn't see this arrive. My posts are going to be scant for the next week or so- getting married and stuff.

Mad Fnorder fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 2, 2015

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Halvar Colburn

Stifling a yawn, Halvar flushes a bit when he notices Marcus looking at him questioningly. "Well, it's true I've never actually used my sword against anything tougher than a practice dummy," the young smith answers slowly, hand tapping the scabbard on his side. "But I'll be fine. We're together for a reason, right? So, I'll be fine," Halvar repeats with a tired smile, as if reinforcing the point to himself.

In a blatant change of subject, Halvar turns to their host. "So Dalan! You say you've traveled a lot. Ever been outside of Alefgard?" he asks with eager curiosity.

Condition Check [STR+SPI]: 8

8 > Exhaustion [2], so status effect removed.

Travel Check [STR+DEX]: 6

Also, congrats Mad Fnorder!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yinus

Yinus is up before dawn, bundling his things and ready to go in short order. He's kind of noisy, though, which is a shame for anyone trying to sleep in.

He trots alongside Marcus for a while. The old guy is obviously struggling, but on the other hand, you didn't question your elders. That was how you got your hide tanned. The bandit just lurks nearby, waiting to be called upon.

Condition: 8 +1 +1 = 10 Yinus' Dex is increased to a d8 today.
Travel: 5 +1 Juuuust barely.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Cleaning up from the aftermath of the meal, Dalan shakes his head in response to Halvar's question, elaborating a little further, "never had cause and it seemed like it was more trouble than it was worth to do so. Dangerous things lurk under the seas."

Loading up the fire with ample fuel to ensure it's survival through the night, the traveling merchant leaves the group to their own devices as he calls it a night and clambers into the back of his wagon. The night sky is clear, and the air is cool and crisp. As the next day approaches and the sky lightens in the east, Yinus' pre-dawn activities soon have everyone else up and about as well. The embers that remain from last night's fire kindle new logs into flame after a few minutes simply by being tossed on, and Dalan has a quick and delicious breakfast ready in short-order. One last meal from the grateful merchant before you're on your way.

The dew that formed overnight is still thick by the time you're moving, making for rather wet and uncomfortable feet very early on in the day. However, if this is the worst thing to happen to you today, well, you could all certainly stand to do a whole lot worse! Still, in spite of it all, for some of you it feels as though the day drags on. By midafternoon it's begun to cloud up, and there's a steady cool breeze from the north bearing down on you.

Marcus controls the party's movement! He can move the group 6 Squares!

Today's Total Party Condition: 45
Today's Total Party Travel: 38

Congrats, Fnorder! :) Weddings're fun!

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Marcus Dandybrook

Marcus shakes off the fatigue of the morning pretty quickly, though they lost a little time getting ready. He starts talking animatedly at Yinus, whether or not the large 'bandit' answers back at all. "Y'see, rolling plains every which way, but youi've got to mind the mountains! place like that'll leave you thinking you can get over 'em- climb halfway to the top, even, before you run into a flat rock wall or worse. Sort of thing that'll have you crawling back where you came from. And to the west, that'll find you the ocean, but we've got places to be!"

A merry zig zag across open ground to D9. Sorry for playing it safe, old man rules.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yinus

Yinus nods and mumbles affirmatives when prompted, but doesn't venture an opinion of his own unless prompted. That's manners, that is.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

The day gets progressively cooler and more cloudy as you continue north. Long, ominous peals of thunder seem to roll from every which way, but the worst it seems to herald is a sporadic drizzle. As the day begins to draw to a close, it's become a dreary and constant drizzle. On the upside, the gloomy weather has also discouraged any surprises from happening as well.

Once again, the group is faced with a decision: Set up camp and perhaps hope the weather changes overnight, or press on through the night and try to make the most of it.

Marcus' decision to play it safe really paid off, actually!

Daraken
Oct 9, 2007

Halvar Colburn

Eyes squinted together as he looks up at the darkening sky, Halvar lets out a despondent sigh. And the day had started out so well too.

"I don't suppose there's any cover nearby, is there?" the young smith asks, looking at the rest of the party. "Doubt we can get a fire started out in the open. Would be a pretty miserable night to sleep through too."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yinus

"'s not so bad," Yinus says. "Could be worse. Could be lightning."

I'm okay with either option.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Liza Lee

Liza gazes up at the downpour with a look of excitement. "I think I know just the spell for this! Gimme a little space and you'll see."

She traces out a circle in the dirt with a small garden spade, surrounding the entire party (with room to spare). In the center of the circle a little hole is dug out and she buries a fallen leaf. As she strikes the magic poses and recites what she remembers of the words, the ground around the leaf starts to part.

It starts out dim, but over time a comforting green light begins to rise in the circle. A smell of ripening apples and fresh grass fills the air. Before you know it a humongous leaf springs out of the ground, forming an impromptu umbrella over a laughing Liza. "Haha, this guy'll be big enough for all of us in about an hour or so. Y'all can hold steady in the tent or come under here with me if ya want."

Cute Leaf Spell (SPI+INT check): 5 and 1
Magic Check's successful! This should get us a +1 on any terrain check in the rain. Pretty sure we carry it as an umbrella :3:

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dereku
Oct 23, 2010

Open up your senses
Frimelda Brokenshield

Frimelda could not avoid to smile as she raised her face up to the falling water. It was a bit of rain yes but it was refreshing still Liza's magic stole her attention from the incoming precipitation "That is quite impressive Liza" she said smiling at her. "I guess I'll take your offer for company under the magical leaf umbrella" she added before turning to Marcus "unless you wish for me to start setting up camp sir. Then it would be my pleasure to do so"

• Locked thread