Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which car is the coolest and sexiest?
PT Cruiser
Kia Soul
Nissan Cube
Scion xB
Honda Element
Literally any other car
View Results

• Locked thread
a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
my first car was a 68 camaro and it had no heat and id drive it to school in the winter anyway because it got me laid like crazy

well thats my story bye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
i liek cars

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
The best part of Robocop was all the Ford Tauruses.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Early 90s diesel corolla wagon is pretty good, still one of the cheapest cars to drive, reliable and not to bad to work on. And no stupid computers, I can drive through an emp.

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
man i wish i had one of those chrysler motzarilla things that'd be :c00l:

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
the other day i backed my fullsize truck up and some butthole parked a tiny silver car in the unlit street

my hitch put a hole in their bumper

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I just can't take this poll seriously without the Fiat Multipla as one of the options to vote for.
It looks like Down's syndrome with wheels.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
buncha fuckin plebs itt

http://rmsothebys.com/lf15/london/lots/1984-peugeot-205-turbo-16/1076640

quote:

197 bhp, 1,775 cc 16-valve turbocharged four-cylinder engine, five-speed manual transmission, four-wheel drive, front and rear independent suspension, and four-wheel ventilated disc brakes. Wheelbase: 2,481 mm

One of only 200 examples built for Group B homologation

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

Now I can open my door into a toddler's face with ease.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Twanki posted:

Now I can open my door into a toddler's face with ease.

I kinda like these. :shrug:

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

This was the most polarising car I've owned. A lot of people think they're ugly (those people are objectively wrong).

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

What was that minivan with the glass roof over the driver/front seat passenger? That thing was ugly as sin but the Post Office in my town apparently bought of fleet of them as they phased out those jeep-lookin' things.

Also my dad loves the PT Cruiser and all its cousins because he was born in 1944 and they remind him of the classic cars of his youth, like the POS postwar Citroen he had to crank-start to get to prom in 1962

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

spleen merchant posted:

This was the most polarising car I've owned. A lot of people think they're ugly (those people are objectively wrong).

I keep looking at these online and I like them more and more. How was it?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

mcbexx posted:

I just can't take this poll seriously without the Fiat Multipla as one of the options to vote for.

The only car with flabroll.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

88h88 posted:

Rad if you like weirdness and understand they're more of a cruiser like a Jag XJS or SC300 than a Supra/Skyline competitor. They're all auto too but you can swap a wrx transmission in with a bit of effort. They also don't have much of a community behind them or an aftermarket so that can feel a bit isolating if/when you have any issues. Very nice to drive though and the flat 6 sounds great.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

mcbexx posted:

Came here to post this.

More stories about the PT cruiser and HHR being terrible please. I remember there were some hilarious flaws but I don't recall the specifics anymore.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im on my phone but someone should post a plymouth prowler and that new lovely retro ford thunderbird that they made in the early 2000s

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

88h88 posted:

they are really cool but all/most of them are crippled with a super complicated automatic transmission that overheats and fails constantly

Safety First
Jul 22, 2015

spleen merchant posted:

Agreed, I've always rather liked these. Never had one, but if I stumbled across one at the right price...let's just say I might be tempted.

Iceache
Jul 9, 2009

Saw this great car a few days ago.
Your kids will never be embarrassed to receive a kiss from you! Because they're too embarrassed of that car.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why can't I delete this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

wow what a dumb "offroad vehicle"

yeah lets have some lowered spikes on the front so rather than climbing a hill i just stab into it and then run out of gas because i have two engines

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

The Prowler was the real star of the 1997 scifi drama The Night Man about a super hero named Night Man who could fly but generally just chose to drive his prowler to the crime scene.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
My grandma test drove a PT Cruiser, on account of grandpa being a long-time retired employee and getting good deals on Chryslers.

She said it was underpowered. Grandma. (To be fair, no turbo)

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

The best part of Robocop was all the Ford Tauruses.

Those 88-95 body style tauruses still look good.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Speleothing posted:

Those 88-95 body style tauruses still look good.

Conan O'Brian has a forest green SHO with that body style

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My girlfriend just bought a Fiat 500L and it's kinda ugly but ut is also kinda neat. Just like my dick

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

the taurus SHO are actually kind of badass though

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Booblord Zagats posted:

My girlfriend just bought a Fiat 500L and it's kinda ugly but ut is also kinda neat. Just like my dick

ya also small

heh

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Nah man. That's the ugly late 90s-04ish body. Interiors are funky on those ones too. Get a boxy one, not the sleek one.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

ya also small

heh

It's a grower, not a show-er :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Ramsus posted:

wow what a dumb "offroad vehicle"

yeah lets have some lowered spikes on the front so rather than climbing a hill i just stab into it and then run out of gas because i have two engines

:mediocre:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
cool cars for dumbass rednecks from florida

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

cool cars for dumbass rednecks from florida

Legit street raced a guy in a black Trans-Am just like the picture. This was back when I had my Challenger SRT8. Kicked his rear end, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I don't have a car because I take public transit everywhere

• Locked thread