Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
No streams, nothing to see in the client, and my compendium won't open at all. :chloe:

http://www.dota2.com/watch/ doesn't seem to be working right either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why is it that I can watch Youtube flawlessly in 720p60, but Twitch gives me problems even through Livestreamer?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Russians are doing this much better than the English casters. Their stream started early, has some pregame discussion, and no silly unmuted mics or any of that stuff.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is anyone else getting distorted robot voices watching in client?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
CM pick for Secret!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
300 gold's worth of sentries and they still don't get that ward :lol:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Man I would just love to hear the C9 voice comms right now

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
There are 215 thousand people watching this Na'vi game in the client alone. :captainpop:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
:siren: another EE rapier incoming :siren:

E: oh I guess it could be an abyssal :(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
there it is

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
ahahahaha that pause wtf

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's so impressive the way Secret just press every single little advantage.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Token Cracker posted:

So I got some time to watch a game or two. What are the best games from today to watch?

Any of cloud 9's games

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I could watch Universe playing Clock all day :allears:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I loooooooove the Bo1 games. You get crazy pocket strats and games that go to the bitter end.

However, you tend to also get safe-mode late game Naga map slogs, so I dunno..

What's a good late game counter to Naga besides banning the hero?

Not letting the game go late enough that she gets out of control, pretty much. Though most teams have been running her more as a support this tourney, haven't they?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

KOTL is fantastic at this. He's impossible to take high ground on, especially if he has Aegis. He stalls an otherwise losing game so long it's awful, and they typically lose anyways.

Do you mean Aghs? I don't think KOTL is ever going to get the aegis.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Taffer posted:

What's the link for the youtube livestream?

https://www.youtube.com/user/dota2

It'll appear there when it's up.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
haha he's nervous as hell :3:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
navi looking enthusiastic and confident :geno:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
was there any explanation for why Waga just disappeared?

E: oh it's just so Purge can pimp the newbie stream

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is this what it's like to be schizophrenic

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
They forgot to turn off text to speech for chat

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i feel bad for zfreak because everyone else in his family is really photogenic and decent-looking and then he's a pimply fatty

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kainser posted:

I'm amazed that Valve allows the players to talk about HoN

it's not like they're worried about losing players, the game's dead

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
it's bizarre that as the clock ticks down it doesn't even look like they're discussing the pick at all

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
is that three invis runes in a row for tusk?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

No Safe Word posted:

It literally can't be. Runes don't spawn twice in a row.

huh, i never knew that

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

Surely there needs to be a rule at some point about how many pauses there can be.

would you prefer they played with ridiculous lag? you can see the heroes and creeps skipping all over the place when it starts

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
why did fear leave those creeps in the camps?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

lamentable dustman posted:

without those pauses I think coL wins, EG was on tilt so hard till they got a 30 min break

gotta suck a lot

they weren't tilting at all. they were waiting for AM to come online, the timing of that just happened to coincide with the pauses

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

KaptainKrunk posted:

It wasn't so much that EG did a lot of things right that Complexity completely fell apart in the midgame. Their itemization was weird. They had no way to lockdown AM. If you can't kill AM once or twice and turn that into rax you're going to lose unless you have super late game heroes.

I don't understand the octarine on the QOP at all. She could have had a super early aghs+orchid and just dumpstered the AM whenever they caught him

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
goddamn this is impressive

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
sweet jesus how can he react this fast

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
he dodges the stun with sleight and then the timber chains with blink :chanpop:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
loving unashamed Pudge picker

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Larry Parrish posted:

I have lost all respect for RTZ after the Allstars match.

Why? He was messing around and having fun in a game for messing around and having fun in?

Or is it because he picked Techies

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Deadmaus missed a trick by not adding the Silencer ult sound to the end of his set

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wezlar posted:

Looks like EG is looking for a standin for Fear, he's got an appointment today to find out if he's eligible for surgery for his arm

There's a certain anime-loving carry that's just become a free agent! EG should move quickly to snap him up :lol:

E: who would they go for, though? Obviously in this upcoming shuffle there are going to be a few people available, but would they want to be a standin and then possibly miss out on a place on another team before the rosters are locked? It seems like getting a known/top tier player as a standin is going to be tough with these new rules.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Aug 14, 2015

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's absurd how much better the new Youtube Gaming thingy is than Twitch. For some reason Twitch will buffer on anything above 'Low', but I can watch Youtube streams at 1080p60 without any issues at all. Hopefully the bigger streamers will move over soon. There are 6000 people watching these ESL One qualifiers on Twitch right now, and literally 7 on Youtube, though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

Twitch gets around most of this by giving it's partners sub buttons and saying that the people are technically not giving money because they get to watch some company's commercial game be played for free; but are giving money because they like the personality running the stream. Which is kind of true, because your sub will be paid regardless of how much or how little the streamer you decided to donate to broadcast that month. But it's also, you know, just a teensy bit weasely. There's also the pre-roll ads on some partner streams but a number of people I've talked to who made partner said it doesn't pay poo poo.

I'm not really seeing how the Twitch sub system is 'weasely'. People sub because they like the personality streaming, and also for extra little benefits like exclusive emoticons etc. Twitch chat might be distilled eye-cancer in my eyes, but for plenty of viewers it's an integral part of the streaming experience. Why shouldn't Twitch be able to monetise the overall experience they provide? Esports and DOTA2 wouldn't be where they are today without it, almost certainly.

• Locked thread