Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
I have sent a PM also I love to hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

BottleKnight posted:

I'll never help you! ##vote no lynch

You have made a powerful enemy, amici

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

BottleKnight posted:

What are you going to do, pal, hammer me? :smugdog:

Ooooooooooogh!!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
All caught up, I must admit I read sg. Capitalist Pig's claim as a joke originally but his recent posts make me think he is very much serious.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Kashuno posted:

The more I think it through, the more it makes sense for a cop with a n0 investigation to get inaccurate or randomized results. I don't like your reasoning for originally having jumped in the vote.

How does that make sense?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Kashuno posted:

Christ. I'm a drat town bodyguard thanks for playing can we hunt ACTUAL scum now?

This sounds fake and forced to me.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Quidnose posted:

So you're saying if we cuddle you right now you won't flip because of your bulletproof?

I thought bulletproof was only against night kills. Otherwise it's lynchproof.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
Is this just a misfire then? Because I'm struggling to see Pig's approach as a scum one as it would look very bad for him once Kashuno flipped town.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

Some potential theories:
Pig is telling the truth, Kash is scum
Pig is telling the truth, but Kash got busdriven/framed N1
Pig is lying, and is Scum, and Executioner, or a Jester

I have bolded what I think is most likely, knowing CPig.

I am not familiar with the meta here so forgive me, would kash be a likely target for framing or bus driving?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

Probably not, and a framer/busdriver on Night 0 is pretty unlikely, imo. I think Pig's a Jester.

Do jesters only win if they are lynched or if they die?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

They have to get cuddled to win.

I see. Interessante.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

King Burgundy posted:

I still believe Pig.

You think Kashuno is lying. I can not tell, I keep tipping back and forth.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

That still makes no sense to me. Why should a zero night cop have bad results? Why even have the role!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

Pig implied that the only investigation he got all game was on Night 0

A broken zero night cop one shot is beyond useless.

I got what I asked for, would Capitalist Pig just say "give me useless crap that doesn't work"?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
It is very, very late in Venezia, sorry I can't hang around longer.

##vote Kashuno

When in doubt, test a cop claim.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

English is not my first language and this was very hard to follow, but there is some good points in here.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Dang, dude.... :(
I'll try to listen if I get a moment to myself, but I'll be on mobile data for the next few days, so idk if I'll be able to. I've never heard of someone putting this kind of thing together before, sounds rad. :unsmith:

Quidnose posted:

What is this buddybuddy stuff Raggoman

Agreeing with Quidnose here TheRagamuffin sounds like he is trying very hard to either appeal to sg. Harold Krell or maybe trying to make him look better? Either way very over done.

I think the assertion that one of the people voting for Quidnose must be scum is a peculiar one and I could not follow that logic.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

Mozz are you town?

Sė.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

Do you believe CPig's claim? And who do you think is scum other than Kash?

I do, because it strikes me as too risky for a scum and too bad for town of town. Other than Kash? Maybe The Ragamuffin maybe JakeP. JakeP constantly asserting imgay is town looks like a way to get a town player on side if he is scum and knows who is town. You would think a masonry but why be so obvious?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

JakeP posted:

I don't answer stupid pointless questions like this

I think EXAKT has been asking good questions. If anyone was a lie detector he has made a goldmine of people saying they are town.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

BottleKnight posted:

My top 3 scumpicks are Kash, Mozza & DuckHuntDog. But I still think Kash is the best vote for D1, gets us a lot of info for sure.

Mozza pings me because his only stated opinion is that Kash is probably scum. There's a lot of white noise otherwise in his posts.

DHD hasn't posted much but what is there is a little sus. Post more DHD!

I actually haven't said that and I don't think Kash is scum. So apparently my posting is 100% white noise! I am used to a very different play style. I find the bizarre joking and switching hard to follow sometimes. But where I normally play mafia it is about momentum and having so many want to lynch but not hammering is very odd!

If I am being honest I do not think Kash is scum. I think everything they have said sounds true and that a target that is not Pig or Kash would be best. I would sooner see The Ragamuffin lynched.

##unvote

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Did your Italian mafia game ever get off the ground? I was thinking of joining but was about to go on vacation.

It is still open and looking for people :)

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

TheRagamuffin posted:

Dang, dude.... :(
I'll try to listen if I get a moment to myself, but I'll be on mobile data for the next few days, so idk if I'll be able to. I've never heard of someone putting this kind of thing together before, sounds rad. :unsmith:

Just this one really. It sounds very over the top and insincere. To me Harold Krell also sounds this way but he is talking about himself, it could be ego or a thin skin. I see no reason for Ragamuffin to use heavy handed flattery.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
Is it normal in your meta to make the whole three days? I thinking that if Kash is not scum then either all scum are already voting for him or? Or world he be hammered already?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

CapitalistPig posted:

Guys guys no you all keep spelling kashuno wrong.

This is sounding less like "I am confident of an investigation" and more like pushing for some other agenda.

People keep saying a "lyncher" I do not think that role exists in Italian mafia what does it involve?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

EXAKT Science posted:

You have a target and win if they get lynched.

Cavolo! That is clearly what he is!! I feel so stupid!

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

CapitalistPig posted:

Listen , seriously, think about how i normally play and if id ever take a fakeclaim this far.

This is real and id hate for us to waste my only real way of contributing to this game.

A bit mea culpa all of a sudden.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

BottleKnight posted:

Exakt and I are having a back and forth. I wouldn't call myself belligerent but I definitely am pegging you for 3p.

The fact that you only point this out when I'm putting heat on you and not when I'm doing other stuff like unvoting kash at -1 or saying opinions about kash independent of your investigation.

Didn't you do that twice, too? I feel both times Kashuno was at -1 you suddenly came out strong against someone else?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
The more I think about it the more I think Capitalist Pig is not driven by a successful investigation but is trying to win with a personal win condition. Whenever he is questioned he lashes out at other people or pleads, he does not appear confident but rather desperate.

That being the case I think that setting up a chain lynch is faulty too as if we lynch Kashuno won't Capitalist Pig already have won? I don't know.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Kashuno posted:

Seems likely that since pig is wrong the people sticking to their guns about me are likely scum as not only has his argument gotten weakened but it's been brought up that it's probably more beneficial to lynch him instead of me.

At the same time "a cop investigated a scum let's kill the cop" sounds completely ridiculous. And you saying it makes good sense, also ridiculous.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

A bodyguard bp vig don't forget. It's a bit weird that the role was explained so slowly

And the vigilante came out after he had "full claimed".

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

JakeP posted:

I already addressed it in my case of Exakt, it feels like Exakt wants the lynch to happen but when there was a lot of momentum felt like he could act super town by chastising the people who actually were voting Kash, so when kash flipped town he could call them all scummy for turboing poor kash, but when the momentum on kash went away he began voting him again, because now he is at risk of not being lynched.

I thought it was more that with more people voting for EXAKT they voted for Kashuno to attempt to switch momentum back to them. More self preservation than anything else.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

MC Eating Disorder posted:

yeah thats how I interpreted it, doesn't really seem scummy to me at all, Exakt unvoting felt like a really legit town move and its weird to see people spin it as somehow anti-town

I don't think we agree on this. EXACT trying to look extra town but then turning on the person they were saving looks very scummy to me.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

CapitalistPig posted:

well there goes the sanctity of the thunderdome.

What is Thunderdome?

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

CapitalistPig posted:

A sacred state which when invoked in a game of mafia on SA means that only the two people in the thunderdome may be voted for.

Oh.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Kashuno posted:

While I'm not normally one to say lynch for info is best play, the sheer amount of information from this d1 debate that could come as a result of resolving this issue far outweighs anything else at this point. Like, to the point that the entirety of the scum team could be figured out based on who's lying here.

I agree except I still think there is a good chance Capitalist Pig is a lyncher and I don't want this game over before it really starts.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

Kashuno posted:

So vote for him.

but if he is the cop I've now done something incredibly stupid

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole
##vote Capitalist Pig

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

BottleKnight posted:

goddammit pig you're a jester aren't you

I feel ill.

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

DuckHuntDog posted:

Would anybody ever actually voluntarily pick to be a lyncher or jester?

Jester yes, I can see the appeal.

Lyncher, less likely. It does not sound fun and likely it would only annoy players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozzafiato
Jul 6, 2015

Tagliagole

CapitalistPig posted:

Guys im not any of those things so lets please get rid of Kashuno

This really does not sound like an investigation any more.

• Locked thread