Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodar
May 21, 2007

I've only played DW Gundam 3, which has fun playable characters but terrible everything else, and DW7, which is pretty solid all around. Wei is the poo poo, Jin slightly moreso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

justice!

compassion!

he's a dork but he's fun to use.

yeah he shoots lasers out of cards.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

lesbian baphomet posted:

yeah he shoots lasers out of cards.

Zhuge liang shoots lasers from his body.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the hyper attack system in SW4 owns, you can just mow through the grunts while moving at a decent clip and it basically made it so you get 1000 KOs every battle now

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

capcom wont bring 4 over to the states and that is loving bull poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

they made zero ads and barely distributed and got mad the game didn't sell

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

*enters the Capcom and Konami board of directors with an AR-15*

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
weapon fusion is the best/worst feature ever
look at this weapon setup... so OP (heal+rage+pierce defence+one hit regular dudes+some elemental damage stuff that doesn't matter)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
cyclone and jubilation should not be in the game

they are too much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish every game had weapons that were just broken for the hell of it like that, or allow players to make them if they so choose.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

cyclone and jubilation should not be in the game

they are too much

yes they should. if you feel too strong then don't use them.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yes they should. if you feel too strong then don't use them.

i was saying that as an expression of how op these are. not literallly

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
koei is making an attack on titan game. maybe it will have gameplay like dynasty warriors but i dont really know how that would work

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
so apparently the newest nobunaga's ambition comes out in the US on september 1st, the same day as MGSV. its gonna be like sophie's choice trying to pick which one to play first

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'll definitely play MGS first but it'll be on my list.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

so apparently the newest nobunaga's ambition comes out in the US on september 1st, the same day as MGSV. its gonna be like sophie's choice trying to pick which one to play first

????

Clark_Mk_IV
May 30, 2008
These games are great. The first one I played was DW3 and I remember grinding the first mission a lot to power guys up a bunch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeSMpetv34M is burned into my memory. The greatest thing though was: I thought Pang Tong was a cool dude and was angry that he got killed. So I said gently caress that and redid the mission and ran over to try and save him, AND I DID! And then he became a playable character! That's a feeling that's right up there with being powered up enough to actually pursue Lu Bu and win.

I didn't play any of the other games until Warriors Orochi though, so a lot of things were a big shock to me. Like Zhang Jiao going from evil cackling supervillain to doofus preacher. But that just meant he was funny in a different way. I also hadn't played any SW games so I got introduced to all of those guys from the WO games. I have WO 1 and 2 on ps2 and WO3 on 360, man I miss all those english voices. I'm glad DW8XL has them back.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
So I took a day off from playing MGSV to give the latest nobunagas ambition a whirl and it's great. Definitely the best Koei strategy game ever and my favorite in the series so far. It's really hard and there's just a ton of stuff to do and settings you can change for campaigns.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When does the dragon quest one come out

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
looks like its october 13th for the US

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
I've always been Wu since 4 but Xiahou Yuan in 7 has a great bow and can pin down a whole squad of troops over and over again with his triangle attack.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
just thought about how much i enjoy dynasty warriors and sengoku basara. bump

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
this thread is old as hell but I started playing the new nobunaga's ambition again cause MGSV is finally conquered and it owns, definitely the best in the series so far and an actually good strategy game for consoles

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

this thread is old as hell but I started playing the new nobunaga's ambition again cause MGSV is finally conquered and it owns, definitely the best in the series so far and an actually good strategy game for consoles

It's on sale on PSN right now too, $15 off iirc.

I was hoping to play a bunch of Hyrule Warriors today but the Wii U I ordered was defective.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I was wondering how pirate warriors compare with the others, I love one piece but barely anyone talks about this game

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
It was all anyone was talking about in the Games thread before the release of the Dragon Quest game. Go check it out from around September or October, if you haven't.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

program666 posted:

I was wondering how pirate warriors compare with the others, I love one piece but barely anyone talks about this game

Its no good.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

fyi samurai warriors 4 empires came out today. bumpb.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
theyre also releasing an updated nobunagas ambition this month in japan where you can play as individual officers like in the ROTK series. heres hoping for an english release

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

lesbian baphomet posted:

fyi samurai warriors 4 empires came out today. bumpb.

cool. thank you for the heads up

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
noice

does it has english dubs?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

theyre also releasing an updated nobunagas ambition this month in japan where you can play as individual officers like in the ROTK series. heres hoping for an english release

I liked the original but I'm not buying it again

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Hyrule Warriors Legends is fun and runs really well on the N3DS.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's fuckin great

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

this is good to hear, i'll pick it up sometime

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

this is good to hear, i'll pick it up sometime

I was expecting some slowdown since it's a musou game on a handheld, but i haven't encountered any yet. And it seems like they've kept everything intact from the Wii U version.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Samurai Warriors 4-II is pretty good. First time I've experienced that series other than Chronicles on the 3DS (which yeah had slowdown)

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I was expecting some slowdown since it's a musou game on a handheld, but i haven't encountered any yet. And it seems like they've kept everything intact from the Wii U version.

It compromises on the total number of on screen units, but other than that, it's pretty much the same.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NickRoweFillea posted:

I got it last night im not crazy about Musou or Zelda but for some reason this is super fun. There's tons of poo poo to do and unlock too it reminds me of like Smash or Kid Icarus or something in that regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Anyone have the Wii U version and want the code for free DLC I got from buying it on N3DS? I don't think I'll ever have the Wii U version

• Locked thread