Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

does the circle pad pro work with Hyrule Warriors Legends? apparently the regular 3DS runs this slightly not as smoothly, but I just wanna play this game and I don't have a Wii U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

No Such Thing posted:

It compromises on the total number of on screen units, but other than that, it's pretty much the same.

I'm ok with that. I'd rather have fewer onscreen units and a consistent framerate.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bolverkur posted:

does the circle pad pro work with Hyrule Warriors Legends? apparently the regular 3DS runs this slightly not as smoothly, but I just wanna play this game and I don't have a Wii U

Everything I've heard is closer to "unplayable" to "slightly less smooth"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Anyone have the Wii U version and want the code for free DLC I got from buying it on N3DS? I don't think I'll ever have the Wii U version

yyeah ill take it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

yyeah ill take it

Cool I was real drunk last night when I installed it and it told me how to pull it up from my purchase receipt so I'll hit you with it as soon as I can figure out how to handle whatever arcane poo poo is necessary to pull up old eshop purchase receipts . Gimme an email address or something

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Cool I was real drunk last night when I installed it and it told me how to pull it up from my purchase receipt so I'll hit you with it as soon as I can figure out how to handle whatever arcane poo poo is necessary to pull up old eshop purchase receipts . Gimme an email address or something

danccrook at gmail. thnks dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can't believe Dane Cook posts in the imp zone

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm ok with that. I'd rather have fewer onscreen units and a consistent framerate.

It certainly changes the flow of the game, since you can't catch like 70+ mooks in a special attack, and short multihit combos where you can change direction work better since they spawn in much more quickly to compensate for not having as many on screen. It's not a good or bad thing but it's kinda interesting seeing certain characters become better or worse based on it. Impa isn't nearly as good as she used to be but darunia is much stronger than i found him to be previously.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DQ Heroes (PS4) is 34$ on amazon

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I need to finish this game and don't rly have an excuse for why I didn't, it's extremely good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

haha

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If anyone doesn't have this, it's a must buy in my opinion

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Probably more likely to play Hyrule Warrior Legends though because I really like the nonlinearity of the batshit crazy NES Zelda adventure mode and even though I don't mind running back to defend the occasional outpost or whatever , the Dragon Quest game is a little too defense-oriented for me. I just wanna murder hundreds of skeletons

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Maybe it gets better as you go along and unlock more poo poo but the missions I played in Dragon Quest Musou were either extremely stressful where I had to focus on not letting dudes kill my base or they were extremely trivial where I just had to murder hundreds of defenseless slimes. Hyrule Warriors seems to have better balance from the outset

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Best ps3 dynasty warriors? Haven't played since DW4 which definitely had the dopest battle prep music

https://youtu.be/nYXZMkMcC3E

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
romance of the three kingdoms XIII is gonna launch in the us and europe in july of this year

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Why is Hyrule Warriors Legends so fun wow

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
It's the magic of Musou.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

beepstreet posted:

Best ps3 dynasty warriors? Haven't played since DW4 which definitely had the dopest battle prep music

https://youtu.be/nYXZMkMcC3E

If you mean any Musou I'd say the Orochi games, if just DW 8 is the most recent one and has a shitton of content even before you add the XL expansion.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I've been playing a lot of Toukiden the past few days and its a good monster hunter clone. the pc version had a bunch of technical problems on release but its mostly been running perfectly for me. as long as you dont mind playing in 720 resolution instead of 1080

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

lesbian baphomet posted:

I've been playing a lot of Toukiden the past few days and its a good monster hunter clone. the pc version had a bunch of technical problems on release but its mostly been running perfectly for me. as long as you dont mind playing in 720 resolution instead of 1080

I liked toukiden a lot and theres supposed to be a sequel coming out at some point or so I've heard

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

How do golden skullatuas work? I get that you have to accomplish a goal to make them show up but I can never find them when they flee. Are they supposed to be in the center of the web that shows up on the map or anywhere in its vicinity? Are they just hanging out in the open? Still haven't ever seen one

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I liked toukiden a lot and theres supposed to be a sequel coming out at some point or so I've heard

i love the feel of a lot of the weapons, and i think the rifle is a way better designed take on guns than the ones in MH. but the chain and sickle has been kinda disappointing for something that looks so cool

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

goferchan posted:

How do golden skullatuas work? I get that you have to accomplish a goal to make them show up but I can never find them when they flee. Are they supposed to be in the center of the web that shows up on the map or anywhere in its vicinity? Are they just hanging out in the open? Still haven't ever seen one

anywhere in the vicinity, and you're supposed to use the sound they make to figure out where they are, the background music fades out more and more the closer you get.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

anywhere in the vicinity, and you're supposed to use the sound they make to figure out where they are, the background music fades out more and more the closer you get.

Aha thank you. Been playing w sound off a lot so that's very good to know. Also Linkle is my GF

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

goferchan posted:

Aha thank you. Been playing w sound off a lot so that's very good to know. Also Linkle is my GF

if you havent proposed then you are bad at game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
linkle...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

danccrook at gmail. thnks dude

Sent

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

I'm waiting for zeldude

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How often do Nintendo musou games go on sale?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How often do Nintendo musou games go on sale?

The closest thing I can think of to that was last year when Target did a buy 2 get 1 on Wii U games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
nintendo usually does wide eshop sales around e3 and christmas

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fumaofthelake posted:

The closest thing I can think of to that was last year when Target did a buy 2 get 1 on Wii U games

Best Buy does this with some pretty recent 3DS releases occasionally too

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Me and my sister used to call these games musou in a really racist Asian accent before I knew that is what they're really called.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my sister hates these games because i used to replay the Yellow Turban Rebellion stage to max out everyones HP/Musou bar since it was the only level with 2 of each

e; i think that was DW3 or 4

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my sister hates these games because i used to replay the Yellow Turban Rebellion stage to max out everyones HP/Musou bar since it was the only level with 2 of each

e; i think that was DW3 or 4

This and crash team racing were the only games my sister really played but she played the poo poo out if them.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
not musou related but Nioh, the japanese version of dark souls, is getting a demo out later this month from the 26th to may 5th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

From software is Japanese dude... what the hell.

• Locked thread