Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Mods, if you could add an "and David Bowie" to my thread title I'd honestly appreciate it.

If you don't though, that's alright too. :sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

dogcrash truther posted:

labyrinth blows

you don't mean that

ty crap

ty landy

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

dogcrash truther posted:

aghghh it's so hard to be gentle ob mondays

You should make a pot of coffee with like 10-15% more beans than usual and then balance it out with an equal % of milk. It helps me fight the Mondays DCT!

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I'm just not even moving from this spot

alnilam

i am a little obsessed with David Bowie, see: my Aladdin Sane costume on prev page

precision

by VideoGames
the second tin machine album is just awful

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

scary monsters and super creeps was his last really good album tbh

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ChairmanMeow posted:

I'm just not even moving from this spot

Me either - I made my coffee as previously mentioned but my mini-fridge with the milk is like a total of 8 feet from me; I just don't feel like moving, ya know?

alnilam posted:

i am a little obsessed with David Bowie, see: my Aladdin Sane costume on prev page

It's a pretty acceptable obsession to have. Labyrinth was a movie that freaked me out as a kid and yet I was strangely drawn to it and watched it at least once a week.

alnilam

I remember when i learned that he collaborated with both Brian Eno and Robert Fripp (two of my other fav musicians) and i died on the spot
Mood: dead
Now playing: David Bowie - Sound and Vision

dogcrash truther
Movies that aren't as good as old people think they were: labyrinth, dark crystal, neverending story

ChairmanMeow

:fistbump:

can't remember the smilie so pretend

ChairmanMeow

dogcrash truther posted:

Movies that aren't as good as old people think they were: labyrinth, dark crystal, neverending story

I haven't seen them as an adult, and now I know not to

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

dogcrash truther posted:

legend

----------------

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

dogcrash truther posted:

So 80's fantasy?

Can we add Ralph Bakashi's Lord of the Rings even though it was 1978?

Rankin/Bass's The Hobbit (1977) is still great though.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Wizards is the best Ralph Bakshi film

----------------

Lil Cunty

krull withstands the test of time

ty crap

ty landy

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

dogcrash truther posted:

can we please remove the dark crystal from this list

alnilam

also labyrinth

alnilam

well okay I'll accept "not as good" but it's still p drat good, also god bless the jim henson creature shop

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

god bless the jim henson creature shop

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.
Stay safe Creature Shop

Lil Cunty

his official cause of death was pneumonia, but thats only because the coroners report didn't have a checkbox for "3d animation"

ty crap

ty landy

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
:(

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
Its a family tradition to watch the muppet christmas carol every year, near christmas.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Its a family tradition to watch the muppet christmas carol every year, near christmas.

Same when we all lived under the same roof.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

I like cappuccinos & if im feelin frilly then a soy latte. also I have a giant Ziggy Stardust poster but am in process of moving so I don't currently have it. My dogs name is Ziggy. U can say I'm quite the Bowie fan :)

ron color
in labyrinth bowie's barely trying he's just having fun--exactly like goku at the world martial arts tournament

ron color

alnilam posted:

scary monsters and super creeps was his last really good album tbh

no

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN

Thunder Moose posted:

Same when we all lived under the same roof.

you can simultaneously watch it and talk to each other via skype, I did that for soccer games with my dad before.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

ron color posted:

in labyrinth bowie's barely trying he's just having fun--exactly like goku at the world martial arts tournament

So what you're saying is the Goblin King would be a great BYOB member.

Spanish Manlove posted:

you can simultaneously watch it and talk to each other via skype, I did that for soccer games with my dad before.

Haha yeah I could try that - though two of the family members may find using Skype challenging.

ron color

let's dance and heathen are fantastic albums plus tin machine. there's great stuff on black tie white noise and the next day

alnilam

ron color posted:

let's dance and heathen are fantastic albums plus tin machine. there's great stuff on black tie white noise and the next day

it's been a whlie since i checked his later stuff out maybe i should chcek it out again

let's dance has a great title track i know that for sure

ty manifisto

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

alnilam posted:

it's been a whlie since i checked his later stuff out maybe i should chcek it out again

let's dance has a great title track i know that for sure

1. "Modern Love"
2. "China Girl" (originally by Iggy Pop from The Idiot, 1977)
3. "Let's Dance"
4. "Without You"
5. "Ricochet"
6. "Criminal World"
7. "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)
8. "Shake It"

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
David Bowie's favorite drink is a martini made with Bombay Sapphire.

Mine is The vital life fluids of my enemies Limoncello, which is a liquor made from the Sorrento lemon which was grown and bred in Sorrento, Italy to develop a thick zest, the yellow outer part of a lemon that contains oil which is rich in lemon essence. The rind (zest) is removed from the lemon and soaked in grain alcohol for a few weeks, after which it is then mixed with a basic syrup containing sugar and water.

Sorrento Lemon:

An article by Rick Steves on Limoncello and Sorrento, Italy (where I myself first discovered it)

When life gives you lemons make Limoncello!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Splatmaster posted:

David Bowie's favorite drink is a martini made with Bombay Sapphire.

Mine is The vital life fluids of my enemies Limoncello, which is a liquor made from the Sorrento lemon which was grown and bred in Sorrento, Italy to develop a thick zest, the yellow outer part of a lemon that contains oil which is rich in lemon essence. The rind (zest) is removed from the lemon and soaked in grain alcohol for a few weeks, after which it is then mixed with a basic syrup containing sugar and water.

Sorrento Lemon:

An article by Rick Steves on Limoncello and Sorrento, Italy (where I myself first discovered it)

When life gives you lemons make Limoncello!

I am off to buy a bottle of this right the heck now. BBL BYOB. :wave:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Thunder Moose posted:

I am off to buy a bottle of this right the heck now. BBL BYOB. :wave:

Enjoy!

alnilam

teenage wildlife is one of my fav songs ever, and a nice oak-aged stout is one of my fav drinks ever :beerpal:

i recently brewed one of the latter and it turned out really fuckign good
i guess that means i should learn to play teenage wildlife and sing an acoustic cover of it

ty manifisto

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

I bought some - also some limeade, coconut water and coconut milk as I am unsure which makes a better mixed drink.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I wish someone would do some acoustic Huey Lewis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Thunder Moose posted:

I bought some - also some limeade, coconut water and coconut milk as I am unsure which makes a better mixed drink.

The best way to drink Limoncello is to chill it first in the freezer for an hour or so and pour it into a small glass, a shot glass is fine in a pinch- and sip it. Some people prefer to do shots, but I enjoy the flavor.

• Locked thread