Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

dogcrash truther posted:

Movies that aren't as good as old people think they were: labyrinth, dark crystal, neverending story

Why are you so wrong?

Anybody see that old vampire movie with David Bowie, The Hunger? There's a movie that wasn't very good. Bowie wasn't even fun in it, and that's pretty much the only time that's ever happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wampa Stompa

I literally have no idea what I just saw in there!
The title track of Diamond Dogs is the perfect drinking song, and a strong martini in a frosted glass with one (1) olive is the correct drink to have with it.

Also, Heathen is criminally underrated. It retroactively makes all his lovely drum n bass experimentation in the 90s worthwhile and it's still his most forward-looking album. The Next Day was fine, but it was kind of a let down comparatively.

ron color

Luvcow posted:

I wish someone would do some acoustic Huey Lewis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IALazegYBM

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I bought some coffee, I think coffee should be on sale when it is 93 degrees out.

precision

by VideoGames
the video for "Dancing in the Street" is the gayest thing I've ever seen and i have seen actual gay orgies

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
time makes fools of us all

precision

by VideoGames
time may change me, but i won't change time

----------------

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

precision posted:

the video for "Dancing in the Street" is the gayest thing I've ever seen and i have seen actual gay orgies

mic jagger

shabbat goy

My favorite drink is: Gin and Tonic

My favorite Bowie track is: Friday on my Mind

Who Is Paul Blart
weed

----------------

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

That's neither a drink nor a Bowie song. :colbert:

Lil Cunty

just poured a nice tall glass of weed and put "weed im only dancing" on the record player

ty crap

ty landy

precision

by VideoGames

Thunder Moose posted:

That's neither a drink nor a Bowie song. :colbert:

false, all Bowie songs are weed

----------------

fuck. marry. t-rex

Weed tea

fuck. marry. t-rex

Time to make candied weed

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
knife to weed you

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i like david bowie a lot and his last two albums have been p good too

also i liked the fact that he played Tesla in the Prestige

also i like lagunitas a little sumpin sumpin ale and manhattans and neat scotch preferably from islay

Rickycat

by Lowtax
gin, vodka, rum, wine, beer, s'all good except the not good stuff

TBH i've always been jealous of bowie's ball fondling abilities

----------------

alnilam

Rickycat posted:

gin, vodka, rum, wine, beer, s'all good except the not good stuff

TBH i've always been jealous of bowie's ball fondling abilities

I've got really sad news for you: they have a juggling double come up with his arms from off camera.

However, Bowie does have a variety performer background and he can juggle.

Rickycat

by Lowtax
aw man that's a bummer :( still mad respect for bowie in general. he did the smart thing with his music and changed his style with the times IMO.

----------------

verily carefree

cherry coke and the song heroes

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
pbr pairs well with rebel rebel

especially shirtless dancing in your friends' backyard at 3am

e: when i listen to rebel rebel the neighbors do too

ty bacalou!

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

alnilam posted:

I've got really sad news for you: they have a juggling double come up with his arms from off camera.

However, Bowie does have a variety performer background and he can juggle.

DUDE. Way to kill a (however small) part of my childhood.

:smith:

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.

Thunder Moose posted:

DUDE. Way to kill a (however small) part of my childhood.

:smith:

He's not really the goblin king either.

Rickycat

by Lowtax

Theglavwen posted:

He's not really the goblin king either.

um his pants say otherwise

cant fake that

----------------

Afro Doug

my new favorite drink is flying dog brewery single hop imperial ipa. i also really love the movie labyrinth, but thats probably because i was really messed up the first time i saw it.

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Rickycat posted:

cant fake that

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

Afro Doug posted:

my new favorite drink is flying dog brewery single hop imperial ipa. i also really love the movie labyrinth, but thats probably because i was really messed up the first time i saw it.

Flying Dog is fantastic stuff, I live near the brewery in Fredrick, MD and drive up to get growlers and stuff.

the 'and stuff' is more beer

Lucky SOB, Gonzo Imperial Porter, and Dogtober Fest are all really great too.

precision

by VideoGames
strongbow hard cider is really good. not much alcohol, but good for "i'm not an alcoholic, i'm just having one beer with lunch" purposes

----------------

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
idk much about bowie but lately ive been into gin and tonics. i garnish with frozen strawberries and ground pepper. good poo poo

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

strongbow hard cider is really good. not much alcohol, but good for "i'm not an alcoholic, i'm just having one beer with lunch" purposes

I don't know if you had it lately but they killed the original flavor in lieu of "newer, hipper tastes."

Which translates into "sugary piss the wimp demographic likes"

I made a thread about it and erry'thang http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

thewizardofshoe

Jester King does a lot of really awesome farmhouse style ales, from really obscure varieties of European rural oddities to common table beers, and they're all incredible and amazing. They only sell growlers and 750 mL bottles, and it's hard to find anything outside of the actual brewery, but worth the trip to their place in the hills every time I make it.

As for Bowie, Young Americans is my fav. album and sometimes song depending on my mood.

edit: also they have amazing label art

ron color
thats my favorite too

precision

by VideoGames

Thunder Moose posted:

I don't know if you had it lately but they killed the original flavor in lieu of "newer, hipper tastes."

Which translates into "sugary piss the wimp demographic likes"

I made a thread about it and erry'thang http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729027&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

oh goddamn it

that seriously sucks rear end. guess i'll buy as much of the original flavor as i can find and hoard it

----------------

Theglavwen

There was a time when strongbow didn't taste like sugary piss?

Are you sure they didn't make this change like ten years ago?

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

oh goddamn it

that seriously sucks rear end. guess i'll buy as much of the original flavor as i can find and hoard it

Careful - the new kind looks really similar but has noticeable differences in packaging, you'll know it if you see it. Crispin's is a decent alternative but costs a lot more.

precision

by VideoGames

Thunder Moose posted:

Crispin's is a decent alternative but costs a lot more.

it amazes me that around here Tennant's is sold as a premium expensive beer o_O

----------------

Thunder Moose

S.J.C.

precision posted:

it amazes me that around here Tennant's is sold as a premium expensive beer o_O

Well what amazes me is that people in the US are obsessing over IPAs - a method based on necessity in a pre-refrigeration world and the majority of which taste like drinking tea-tree oil; Dogfish Head 90/120 variations being exceptions here.

Thunder Moose fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 30, 2015

Pedantra

by Lowtax
my favorite drink is water + zoloft

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Cunty

ipas are nasty

half of them taste like pine frowns and the other ones taste like orange frowns but they all taste like buttholes

imo

ty crap

ty landy

• Locked thread