Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

Did I mention the hot tub?

All in all, the place is going to make a pretty nice party house once I'm "done".

heh you said done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

Hot Tub is part of THIS STAGE of "done". This work is to make it "livable", and I'll probably do a major project each year with minor projects scattered around those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTgXnDZoYNA

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

Welp.

The contractor neglected to inform me that the floor needs to be at "65-70" in order to work on it; I'd disconnected the thermostat to paint and hadn't bothered to hook it back up yet because no one is occupying the house. He said it would take a week to get up to temp and that's going to totally gently caress the schedule to get the floors done. So I have to figure out if I want to pay yet ANOTHER month for rent for two places (through December), or if I want to basically live in 1/3 of the house for about a month while the floors are being done.

And I got laid-off from my job on Monday, so I get to stress about finding another job. Rad.

poo poo is about to get real.

thats pretty intense for you. Me being the "rough it" type would go the frugal route given your recent economic setback, scaling back your expenses will really make the difference here unless you have a healthy financial pad you can afford to spare.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

Started doing work in the master bedroom since I'm tired of sleeping on the loving futon.

So, got the wall sanded down:

And started painting another wall:

I started organizing/moving poo poo around in there as well so I can clear space to start painting, so I can get things moved to where there supposed to be, so I can continue painting, etc.

Also, the people that cleaned/fixed my roof left me a little present:

Filled the bin, and there's still like half of it left:

Kind of annoyed that they didn't haul with as much as I paid, but w/e.

Bonus catte:

"Draw me like one of your French girls"

thats a nice catte

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

So, my primary and I are parting ways, and she's moving to Portland.

I'll probably have some updates starting up after she gets her poo poo out of my place and I have extra money once I stop paying her loving bills.

Hi i have followed this thread for a bit.

sorry, breakups suck.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

That moment when you hear "blurb,... blurp,.... blooop" coming from one of your toilets,....

From another room.

When no one is using the bathroom.

stay safe sewage ghost

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:itwaspoo:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
looks like you gotta switch to 1 ply. :smithfrog: my condolences :rip: your butt.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im adding bidet people to my list of people that will always bring something up with vegans and atheists :colbert:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

n0tqu1tesane posted:

You can install one on your toilet yourself in literally 15 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/Astor-Non-Electric-Mechanical-Attachment-CB-1000/dp/B003TPGPUW

yeah but i have a well. That poo poo is coooooold.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Slugworth posted:

I'm gonna be honest, that's just one of many questions I have. Surely butts aren't a universal constant, so how do you ensure the bidet is aimed properly? Do you just scoot around on the seat until it's hitting the target? Does it ever shoot up between your legs? How does it not require agitation? If I had poo poo on my hands, I'm not confident running water would be enough to get it off.

:same:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

gently caress.
YOU.

The entire loving movie, and they don't even explain how they work. They do the mental programming bullshit, and the laser unfreezing process, and the loving poo poo with Taco Bell and the jingle bullshit and the full-body foam airbags and that lame-rear end VR "sex", but nope, can't come up with some even laughably plausible explanation as to why there's loving seashells in the bathroom.

enhance your calm duder

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i had a first generation nest and it was great right up until it got locked up in a changeover cycle and burnt out my heat pump :/

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Yeah uh, pretty sure he's talking about the Nest Protects.

Nest has definitely had teething problems on v1 of their products though. Just ask IoC how much fun he had when all of his first gen Nest Protects went apeshit. :v:

I have a 3rd gen Nest thermostat, and it's having a weird issue - every now and then, while the AC is running, I hear the AC relay start chattering for a few seconds (happens about once a week, and only happens while the ac is running). The compressor doesn't seem to appreciate it either, it shuts down for awhile after that happens (occasionally tripping the breaker, and it's been through 3 start caps since I moved here in June).

well if you have a heat pump make sure its not the reversing valve going apeshit, that was not fun

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MikeyTsi posted:

So, how about an update?

The hope was to start getting working on the yard and start work on the gardening plot in the backyard, as well as starting to get rid of the trash and moulding and poo poo from the constant remodel. Buuuut, it's loving Seattle, so you can guess what happened.

Managed to make a good dent in the trash though!

Before

First load

After

Still need to take care of the rest of the pile in the last picture, I figure between that and the other few misc things that are left I probably have another 1-2 loads. Minimum is $25 and the bill has been around $40 for each so at least I'm not wasting the trip.

Also, replaced the ice maker.

Ice is nice.

Fence is still pulling apart, I bought some stakes to try to reinforce the broken posts and should be trying to get that done on Wednesday. Hopefully that'll keep things together until I can get the time and funds to replace that whole section.

purple

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Should have just bought a motorcycle.

:haw:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It's a dumb forums in-joke that was never funny and at this point I'm pretty sure is only propagated out of spite. So I wouldn't worry about it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Leperflesh posted:

there was a discussion in the crappy construction tales thread a year ago or so that involved a vigorous debate as to whether or not a 400 pound concrete block was useful for motorbike security. The discussion lasted like maybe three pages but that was sufficient to cement it in people's minds as some sort of horrible transgression of forums etiquette and/or hilarious legendary event worthy of immortalization in the annals of comedy.

I was rather buzzed and entertained by it, and started sneaking blocky into pictures for a bit, it ran its course but man.. dont hate on blocky.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
It appears you might be playing with your wood friend.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
you are building one of those head in a box magic trick setups?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
stay safe handy ghost

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so your girlfriend is a honda

cant really blame you, i :swoon: for VTEC myself.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
glad its working out pal.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that sucks pal and the fence

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i was right with your feels right up until the

MikeyTsi posted:

I've got him in the freezer right now, I'm working on locating a place that can clean the bones and then I'm going to have him articulated.

are you making a taxidermist action figure of your cat made with real cat?

i only ask this because i had a good cat bud for like ever and died much like yours and oh my god i built him a flower garden not put him up on the mantle

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
also have you tried a rebuild at that data set size? it usually will take forever at that volume at raid 5

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
why do you want your buddys skeleton?

i figured you were most folks dont bother with backups at all much less a mirrored primary set plus redundant storage, i just hate waiting for a set to rebuild is all

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
fair enough it just seemed rather macabre is all, i mean if you have your reasons fine :shrug:

eh i tend to throw out/recycle or pass along old rear end gear it tends to pile up and make the ladyfrog mad i dont need 5 nines of uptime i just post cat/dog pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
are you fostering terminal cats?