Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh no computer posted:

Do you know if these are legal/legit? Seems dodgy that he's selling something that retails at $150 for $20. I checked the thread but nobody in there seems to be asking.

might be extra OEM ones, which are locked to a single computer when you use them, or surplus enterprise licences. they're probably a slightly grubby grey rather than being black market

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
It’s a legit market because Oracle tried to sue usedsoft and the ECJ told them to go gently caress themselves

Total Meatlove fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Aug 13, 2020

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

yeah, i'll pass

vvv if i wanted a dodgy key i can get a pirated one for free

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Bet you're fun at parties

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

*prominently displaying my grey market office software*

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Vitamins posted:

might have to go back to work next week, fucks sake

also sup voted for clegg, wish theyd killed themselves instead in hindsight crew

Just like the day before you have to go in say you developed a little cough, might be nothing, probably hay fever, do they still want you to come in?

I actually work for a company that seems to understand peoples concerns, they have already sent company wide e-mails saying to only come into the office if absolutely necessary, and for the vast majority of people an office return date in 2020 is written off.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Galewolf posted:

I rained in South London around 7 a.m. , you rake! My lawyer will contact you with the location of the duel, knave.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

According to accuweather we should be getting some in about half an hour. Again, riiiiiiiiiight.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Dravs posted:

Just like the day before you have to go in say you developed a little cough, might be nothing, probably hay fever, do they still want you to come in?

I actually work for a company that seems to understand peoples concerns, they have already sent company wide e-mails saying to only come into the office if absolutely necessary, and for the vast majority of people an office return date in 2020 is written off.

yeah i'd not be surprised if i was still homeworking at this point in 2021

i mean it'd be depressing as gently caress but not surprising

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

hockey jockey posted:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

According to accuweather we should be getting some in about half an hour. Again, riiiiiiiiiight.

Well, it got pretty dark from the angry looking clouds and I can hear some distant rumbling. Regardless of that, I can actually move around and don't feel like I'm breathing moisture from the air, so , yay.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

Strategically speaking, now is the time to show symptoms vits

My work got cancelled tomorrow because a bunch of workmen didn't put buckets in the holes they were meant to

But I get paid anyway so I guess I'll play Hitman 2 and sweat

debating it, really looking forward to going back to work right when the second wave is beginning!!! hopefully i die at work or something thatll teach them

why did they need to bucket some holes ratty? also, theres a bridge near me that has some plastic things stuck on the side with a picture of a bat on, my powers of deduction think these may be bat houses which is adorable, are bat houses a thing?

its a shame my job can't be done from home, seemingly the only reason im being asked to go back is because people are questioning if they need me employed any longer as theyve done without me since march. of course this is ignoring the fact i deal with new business and there hasn't literally been any new business since march lmao

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

oh but seriously I posted:

*prominently displaying my grey market office software*

"pssst, kid, you wanna buy some Corel Draw?"

*opens coat to reveal knock-off clipart and also penis*

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I must now encourage you to not get caught using cracked software. Ta.

OEM licenses from third party sources, possibly in other territories, that might breach the original licensing agreements... Eh. Ask the CJEU.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

"pssst, kid, you wanna buy some Corel Draw?"

*opens coat to reveal knock-off clipart and also penis*

I...I...uh...I'll take the penis, sir, thank you.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

No one in yorkshire wears masks and its kinda scary

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Vitamins posted:

why did they need to bucket some holes ratty? also, theres a bridge near me that has some plastic things stuck on the side with a picture of a bat on, my powers of deduction think these may be bat houses which is adorable, are bat houses a thing?

Probably a roost box yeah!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

In 2011 i drunkenly belittled s club 3 and made Jo look sad

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i now recall jo's disastrous big brother tenure. neither proud nor ashamed

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hemale in pain posted:

Yeah, they're all a bit Elephant Man up there.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

mrpwase posted:

Buy two magnums

look at the magnum baron here, dual wielding magnums like some advanced barbarian hero

(can they do that? I dont d&d very well as it turns out)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

olympics next year lads! hope the opening ceremony will be good, i imagine things will only get better and better after this, the official end of history

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
2011 was supposed to be my big glorious year but it was actually a massive failure

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

in 5th ed everyone can dual wield, some classes get abilities that sync well with it though

e: fighters and rangers can take a fighting style that gives them bonuses to the off hand attack and there are probably others but i cant be arsed to look them up after doing my personal statement all day

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 13, 2020

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

dance dance revolution was always too highbrow for me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

in 5th ed everyone can dual wield, some classes get abilities that sync well with it though

e: fighters and rangers can take a fighting style that gives them bonuses to the off hand attack and there are probably others but i cant be arsed to look them up after doing my personal statement all day

5e dual wielding is disgracefully underpowered

hope u like taking a feat in order to actually do it in any meaningful way, and only getting one (1) extra attack by the time you're level 20

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i think its been relegated to a cool thing you can sometimes do rather than something you have to painfully build your character around and doesnt really work until level 8 like in 3.5

example, i lost my shield so i picked up a light hammer and twatted stuff with that in my other hand. that then gives me two chances to apply smite damage to mans

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

3.5 E dual wield was hilariously overpowered if you went with two light weapons like a pair of short swords, almost negating the to hit penalty with Weapon Focus and simply have like 5+ attacks per round that can reliably hit and even more with buffs.

Good times, I say.

Ghosty
Aug 13, 2020

hemale in pain posted:

The amount of people commuting who are just permanently wearing them under their nose is astonishing. Some dude actually sat right next to me today on the Circle line without a mask at all and it wasn't even like the train was full. Just got on and sat down next to me.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Galewolf posted:

3.5 E dual wield was hilariously overpowered if you went with two light weapons like a pair of short swords, almost negating the to hit penalty with Weapon Focus and simply have like 5+ attacks per round that can reliably hit and even more with buffs.

Good times, I say.

My only experience with 3.5 is baldurs gate. Minsc dual wielding a longsword and a mace with boots of speed and belt of giant strength is awesome

In 5 ed you can house rule it a bit anyway

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah i am genuinely considering allowing dualwielding of all weapons by default, the weapon style giving both +1ac and stat bonus to offhand weapon, and allowing the feat to give you your full number of attacks with your off-hand as a bonus action

like, if it's a bit unbalanced, oh well. just means the fights need to be harder

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i just hit level 4 with my paladin, decided to take cleric magic initiate

so now i have guidance spare the dying and healing word

i was going to take lucky but i do not hate the dm that much

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what book do I need if I want to not suck at this, just the players book?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

kecske posted:

what book do I need if I want to not suck at this, just the players book?

Players Handbook is all you need, the rest (Monster Manual, adventure etc.) are for the DMs. There used to be a wonderful magazine called Dragon during the peak days of AD&D and it was packed with adventurer ideas, backgrounds, optional rules, and artwork. I used to wait like a month to new issue to arrive to my friend's hobby shop but by gods that was a good read for rest of the week. Dunno if it still exists but you can read the old issues on Internet Archive, though it might be really confusing with the old edition information.

You can read some Forgotten Realms novels (I dunno if that's your setting) to season yourself. The Icewind Dale Trilogy is a good start and a wonderful glimpse into 90's angst culture through Drizzit.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

gently caress dual wielding. Rogue with weapon proficiency greatsword all the way.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Dual wield a needle and a pistol and no one can beat you on blood gulch

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

If I ever play dnd again my character will be the bloodborne hunter

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

hemale in pain posted:

Yorkshire is the Texas of the UK.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
My first experience with DnD was an old master system game called Dragonlance and it was really difficult and I could not play it when I was a stupid baby, and wont be able to now either as I am still stupid baby

Second was Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance where every lady character was basically a stripper, it was great

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

My first DnD experience was supporting Clegg

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
At the risk of being somewhat crass, I dual wield every wank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

good for you, what's his name?