Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Christmas shopping is hard. :(

I don't even like shopping for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

its best when people literally say "buy me this thing for xmas thanks" and im like ok

its a shame this never actually happens so i just dont buy people things anymore

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

e: also because it;s christmas coming up and that involves a lot of time lazing around doing nothing, here are the search parameters for free kindle e-books on the amazon store

there's a lot of poo poo, obviously, and bad romance books like Seduced By The Werewolf or Assaulted By My Biplane Ex-Boss, but some p good stuff, especially in the Classics section

wordpress :allears:

yeah the free books are great, i started my collection with those. now i almost exclusively buy books that are on the 99p daily deal if they look remotely interesting

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My dad reads about one lovely free book a day. He says the best/worst ones are the 100 page long "tasters" for a (paid for) dozen novella series, where it's obvious from the free bit that the author is either churning them out as fast as he reads them or is an actual psychopathic danger-to-the-public. He also buys and reads the Daily Mail, so I'm guessing they must be quite something.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Work sucks, my flatmates suck and the boiler's broken.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

go on and play the spoons to keep the crowd occupied

well she can't sing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpuRC-IV7dY

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Played fives after work today which was alright until the rain started coming into the pitch sideways and if you punted it you risked it getting the wind under it and flying over the walls.

I'm just recovering the feeling in my fingers from my 10 min stint in goals. It wasn't too chilly when I was running about but dear god when you were stood still.

Also have chafing on both nipples from my Seattle Sounders shirt :(

e: did score twice though and I'm the worst player on the pitch

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

you can use project gutenburg for books too

forums are dying - is this the end?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

yes hail satan

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rip the cloud

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

e: also because it;s christmas coming up and that involves a lot of time lazing around doing nothing, here are the search parameters for free kindle e-books on the amazon store

there's a lot of poo poo, obviously, and bad romance books like Seduced By The Werewolf or Assaulted By My Biplane Ex-Boss, but some p good stuff, especially in the Classics section

This sounds like noncesense

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

toast

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Those lovely amazon 99p/unlimited books are mostly written by one guy under about 10 different names and it's this oval office https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Miles

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Way to bear-y the lede!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm sure I'm not the only one who just searched for and downloaded that.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
You could have just clicked the image, it's a hyperlink! :smugbert:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

surely it should be "no choice but to shuffle"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is really weird and unexpected, so far this is written in the exact same narration style as an american 1940s hard boiled detective novel. Imagine this narrated by Bogart.

"She recalled gas station coffee. A Packet of those foul yellow pills her sister called Trucker Speed that gave her jittery nerves and a sour taste on her tongue that didn't keep her awake as she drove. There'd been winding mountain roads with a suggested speed limit of 30. She'd been doing nearly twice that. She was lucky she wasn't dead, "what's your name ma'am?" The cop was wearing slippers, she noticed. They were red flannel and worn around the toes. In a flash she knew she could trust this bumpkin sheriff with her life, but he would be no match for the men who were after her."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has she met a hooker with a heart of gold or a street urchin yet?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No but she just told the cop "as far as you are concerned my name is get me a lawyer" I stopped reading after the local lawyer was reluctant to answer the phone. I wonder who that might be??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wait is the woman or the bear the BBW

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

next you guys will be telling me you never heard of chuck tingle

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wait is the woman or the bear the BBW

I do believe it's the man, or possibly the entire town that can turn into animals. Perhaps the nice sheriff can morph into a pig and is secretly a bad guy working with the men who are after her who turn out to be wolves the bear lawyer has to fight off.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

It won't surprise you to learn that a goon has also written bear-shifter erotica.

It might surprise you to learn that it wasn't me

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

ookiimarukochan posted:

Way to bear-y the lede!

Oh my god this is so bad! *adds it to the list of terrible romances to read*

poo poo, my one weakness has been exposed...

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
The only goon erotica I care about is the UK thread shipping epic Taff's Pad

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

simplefish posted:

It won't surprise you to learn that a goon has also written bear-shifter erotica.

It was Taff

Why are southwest trains so bad? Is there an actual answer that isn't 'privitisation'?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

that's basically the answer

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

all train providers are awful

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've been asked to do my most basic work since i can do it left handed but there hasnt really been anything for the last 2 weeks so ive been playing games but ive been asked to come and show my face at the office for a bit which means spending 4 hours browsing the internet instead

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Phoon fact of the day :buddy:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

simplefish posted:

if you want to make any money you pretty much have to write bear shifters, most of the people writing it arent into it at all, they just know thats where the cash is

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I have asked sw trains on twitter why their service is such wank. No response yet but someone retweeted me so presumably they want answers too

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I complained at london midland a while back and random people joined in on that too. it must be horrible to operate their twitter

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Funnily enough the nonce thing isn't even wordpress' fault

(it's Twitter's)

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

posting to warn bobby deluxe not to join twitter

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i been on twitter ages, nobody follows me :(

i like weird twitter though

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The twitter is operated by call centre monkeys I think, not one very depressed millenial

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

i used to work customer services for 💩, and yeah theres a team managing the twitter. Nobody gave a poo poo either, but the pay was p. good for a uni job.

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 10, 2015

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ratjaculation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

wtf someone light this thing on fire quick please aaaaaaaaaaaaaa