Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
move to newcastle ratty its cheap and there is all of northumberland for you to find a job in the countryside

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Ratjaculation posted:

I thought she didn't have any noteworthy assets when you met her?

When we were first together in our teens I had no idea she was sole inheritee of her grandparents stuff, when we got back together in our twenties I still had no idea, when we got married I knew she was inheriting a bit. I only learned we were getting everything when her gran died a couple years back and the only will that has ever existed was written when she was 2 years old and she gets everything.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
including genetically tiny

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Jose posted:

move to newcastle ratty its cheap and there is all of northumberland for you to find a job in the countryside

Don't move to Newcastle there were two murders there recently according to the episode of Vera I watched

I imagine ratty more as a country rat than a city rat any way. Like wind in the willows.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

CancerCakes posted:

Don't move to Newcastle there were two murders there recently according to the episode of Vera I watched

I imagine ratty more as a country rat than a city rat any way. Like wind in the willows.

I've always imagined rattys perfect home on the island in lake windermere

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm very grumpy this evening and my somehow worse than usual posts reflect that

Bye bye

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014

Just chill my dude, it's OK to be a grump sometimes. We still love you

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

ive rowed to that island with some american girls I later had to drag out of a club in morecambe for kicking off against the english girls.

Night night rats but I don't think you should feel bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
ummm there wasn’t even really any grumpyposting

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ratty has different standards. he is a gentle soul

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Effing

vs

Blinding

choose your fighter

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

hmm so i have muscle pain, headache and fatigue but i cant get a covid test because i dont have a cough, temperature or loss of taste/smell. i guess i should just lie and get a test.

e: i had amazing delirious dreams last night. in my dream i was in my mums old house and went downstairs, there were 2 moths/flys on the ceiling talking, but it was pitch black so i couldn't catch them. it sounded like they were recording a podcast. then i went upstairs and was followed by a ghost carrying a night gown on a coat hanger.

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 28, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i didnt realise tests were still that guarded.

you can check below if its possible in your area to get a lateral flow test without symptoms.

https://www.gov.uk/find-covid-19-lateral-flow-test-site

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

cheers, i count as an essential worker so i can get one. booked it for tomorrow.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I don't think I'd listen to the moth/fly podcast

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
apologies for the politics post but i just want to inform hemale in pain, bape culture and any other self employed or gig economy worker you're about to get hosed despite having had 0 pandemic help

https://twitter.com/willuminare/status/1365783175214039041?s=20

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Jose posted:

apologies for the politics post but i just want to inform hemale in pain, bape culture and any other self employed or gig economy worker you're about to get hosed despite having had 0 pandemic help

oh good flexible season tickets finally

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

How much is it, on average, to get 3 phase power installed at home?

I'd want it for:

1. Larger woodworking tools.
2. 22KW electric vehicle fast charger.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Steakandchips posted:

I'd want it for:

Its going to depend on where the nearest 3 phase connection is available and what work is required. I've just had one installed - £8k. That was digging up about 10m of pavement and tapping into an existing underground cable, no road closures or anything. I'm next to a big pub which already had 3 phase. This was a new connection, I'd have to look back at the quote to see how much of that was attributable to being a new connection.

The frustration is there really wasn't much competition, the contestable works was only a portion of the work and there basically wasn't anyone interested in doing it.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Stop talking about building and talk about tomato soup or something idk

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

I'm looking at houses again to get out of our tiny ex-council house and it's just a cavalcade of misery and terrible decoration choices.

You can't have two different wallpaper patterns and a patterned carpet in the same room without it causing nausea.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Steakandchips posted:

I'd want it for:

what 99 said, there isn't really a 'this is how much a domestic 3phase install costs' because theres a huge list of things affecting the potential size of the bill

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I've got some discount sausage meat. What else is there to do than sausage rolls?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm looking to build a house entirely out of tins of tomato soup, please help

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I've got some discount sausage meat. What else is there to do than sausage rolls?

Non-roll sausages.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Its going to depend on where the nearest 3 phase connection is available and what work is required. I've just had one installed - £8k. That was digging up about 10m of pavement and tapping into an existing underground cable, no road closures or anything. I'm next to a big pub which already had 3 phase. This was a new connection, I'd have to look back at the quote to see how much of that was attributable to being a new connection.

The frustration is there really wasn't much competition, the contestable works was only a portion of the work and there basically wasn't anyone interested in doing it.

Thanks.

There'll be competition for the work up here, and labour is cheaper up here too, so I expect it'll be cheaper.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jose posted:

Everyone knew this was gonna happen. Been telling people to take the income support even if they didn't need it because the government would definitely gently caress you in someway to make up for the cost even if you didn't claim.

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009

Steakandchips posted:

Thanks.

There'll be competition for the work up here, and labour is cheaper up here too, so I expect it'll be cheaper.

A lot of the cost will be wrapped up in sourcing a feed from the grid, rather than the man hours for the local lads. Oh, and a suitable thickness and flexibility set of 3PNE cabling for the distance isn’t going to be cheap, even at trade pricing.

Also, perhaps I’m stupid but electrical installation isn’t an area I’d want to go for the cheapest quote. So many domestic installations are down right shocking (sorry).

Edit: just spotted the electric car part. There are vouchers for discounted work to fit suitable charge ports at your property. £700 off I believe. I dug up our quote for two 22kW chargers at our work premises, approx. 25m of 10mm 5 core mains with the relevant connectors, trunking and whatnot plus man hours came in at £3.7k with the voucher applied. The premises already has a 125A feed.

Neurophonic fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 28, 2021

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

hemale in pain posted:

hmm so i have muscle pain, headache and fatigue but i cant get a covid test because i dont have a cough, temperature or loss of taste/smell. i guess i should just lie and get a test.

e: i had amazing delirious dreams last night. in my dream i was in my mums old house and went downstairs, there were 2 moths/flys on the ceiling talking, but it was pitch black so i couldn't catch them. it sounded like they were recording a podcast. then i went upstairs and was followed by a ghost carrying a night gown on a coat hanger.
Do you have the zoe app? If you use that and it recommends you for a test then you can book one, and it seems to recommend you for a test for anything from a boil on your arse through to thinking a bit funny about the weather.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

whats the deal with those clouds, huh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
is anywhere in the UK doing the anal tests

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

The engineer that designed my 3phase connection provided by ukpn was also not very helpful. The quote was 12k at first and I was like is there anything that can be done to make it cheaper? He was like nah but then when I suggested moving the meterbox closer to the road suddenly were down to 8k. Who knows if I got the best price in the end or not.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

crispix posted:

is anywhere in the UK doing the anal tests

I’ll do it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

about how much should i save up to have noise reduction done on one room, probably also a bit on the cavity between floor / ceiling

stairs as well

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

bobbys making a murder room

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

itll be a muder room anyway if i dont get the flipping noise refuction in!!!

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

about how much should i save up to have noise reduction done on one room, probably also a bit on the cavity between floor / ceiling

stairs as well

Sex dungeon?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

stairs as well

I'm sure theres a million ways to do it and I dunno whats best or how much thickness you are prepared to lose?
Just for the wall doing it yourself, assuming 8-10msq wall:

acoustic panels : £27.72 per sqm : £280
https://www.noisestopsystems.co.uk/shop/walls/noisestop-acoustic-panel/

adhesive : £6.89
https://www.noisestopsystems.co.uk/shop/walls/smart-tack-adhesive-500ml/

sealant : £6.07 x 2 : £12.14
https://www.noisestopsystems.co.uk/shop/walls/ac50-acoustic-sealant/

Then 250quid for someone to come and plaster the wall as a cash job?

20 quid for some paint.

Maybe 600quid.

Are there any electric sockets or switches or anything on the wall? Do you have fancy ceilings or anything?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Meatballs.
Meatloaf.
Spag bol.
Pasties maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Stuff it in a chicken

I should specify the chicken should be deceased and you should cook and eat the chicken