Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gasmask posted:

you're the one who lives on an estate where lawnmowers are verboten

It would disturb the barbecues and sleeping on deckchairs in the back garden .

Edit:(It’s only our street because there is a couple in their 100s and they requested people mow lawns on a weekday day time because it disturbs the old lady who isn’t very well)

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

learnincurve posted:

It would disturb the barbecues and sleeping on deckchairs in the back garden .

Edit:(It’s only our street because there is a couple in their 100s and they requested people mow lawns on a weekday day time because it disturbs the old lady who isn’t very well)

hm ok i'll allow it

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
It isn't an authentic barbie unless there are chicken parts that are charcoal on the outside and raw on the inside leading to a row.

Then somebody ordering a curry.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Bloodied my knuckles. Gotta defend this

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

Steakandchips posted:

Getting charcoal lit is dead simple if you have a chimney.

Put coals on top, newspaper underneath, light newspaper. Stand back.

Coals ready to use in 5 minutes, dump them on the grill, start cooking.

Who has newspaper in 2021?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

wibble posted:

Who has newspaper in 2021?

With cuts to nursing homes we gotta have something for grandad to piss on

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol imagine just not making it home and that's just it your gone lol

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

u ok

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Gasmask posted:

u ok hun xxx

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

TBF that seems pretty attractive sometimes. Much better than some of the other options.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jesus gently caress, it turns out they were doing vaccines for the 18-30yo group today at Twickenham stadium today, and nowhere else, completely unannounced. My other half will be 30 in July, and has been waiting ages for this, and it just seems like an absolute shower of incompetence.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
More like a golden shower of incompetence.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Showering together is the best part of playing rugby

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Gasmask posted:

I thought it was a big filthy bath?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
these days the tree huggers won't let you take homoerotic baths with your pals

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

these days,

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
God, you've just reminded me of those godawful rugby baths I had to take as a kid. Take a team of 12yr olds playing rugby on a soggy pitch in November then stick them all in the same water together and the amount of mud introduced was unbelievable. I'm sure I used to get out of those baths dirtier than when I went in.

Think George Orwell's descriptions of the bathing facilities at 1930's homeless shelters and you won't be far off lol.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The_Doctor posted:

Jesus gently caress, it turns out they were doing vaccines for the 18-30yo group today at Twickenham stadium today, and nowhere else, completely unannounced. My other half will be 30 in July, and has been waiting ages for this, and it just seems like an absolute shower of incompetence.

it was plastered all over the news for days?

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

No one likes the ice bath. Take a poo poo in the ice bath

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

PE teacher with red shades, a big gold medallion and cigar

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

oh wow, you also had mr dophile for pe?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Gasmask posted:

that and the divine healing power of the magic sponge

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kecske posted:

it was plastered all over the news for days?

Not as doing the 18-29 group. It was billeted as a big 30+ vaccination drive initially. The ‘anyone 18+’ only came out during the afternoon itself.

https://twitter.com/healthiernwl/status/1399370039644635138

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Yeah it was just because of spare capacity, but they probably didn't have enough to throw it out to BBC news or whatever. Now you know for next time I guess.

The hot sauce from yesterday just made its presence exit known, I had to sprint out of a teams call goddamn

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
whenever i see people speeding or running traffic lights or otherwise driving vehicles like complete wazzocks, i think to myself "i'll bet that person needs to go toilet really badly"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think “that person shouldn’t be driving a car” if I see someone driving dangerously tbh.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Tbh it's only cyclists I see running red lights

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lol in our area they have what seems to be a weekly support group for motorists who have run red lights and would rather watch a video than get points on their licence.

I live on the National cycle network, about 3 people cycle on the roads, very carefully, to get on to the National cycle network round here.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

fridge corn posted:

Tbh it's only cyclists I see running red lights

It doesn't really count when you smash into them from behind and push them over the line mate

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

kecske posted:

that and the divine healing power of the magic sponge

have they tried the sponge on covids yet

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

solefald i do not have anything useful to say about your question in ukmt, but i have been in a similar situation for the last few years so i at least sympathise with the situation

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Bobby Deluxe posted:

solefald i do not have anything useful to say about your question in ukmt, but i have been in a similar situation for the last few years so i at least sympathise with the situation

yeah don't worry i was being dumb and stupid and whiny and I can sort this poo poo out myself. I was just a bit anxious before and needed to ramble to get a few things out of my mind instead of having it all jumbled up and not making sense to me.

I've just put in a referral for some talking therapies thing nearby and then I'm gonna try and draw up a [i[Mood Board[/i] and get down my thoughts and feelings and plans onto paper and make some sense of it all.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Solefald posted:

yeah don't worry i was being dumb and stupid and whiny and I can sort this poo poo out myself. I was just a bit anxious before and needed to ramble to get a few things out of my mind instead of having it all jumbled up and not making sense to me.

I've just put in a referral for some talking therapies thing nearby and then I'm gonna try and draw up a [i[Mood Board[/i] and get down my thoughts and feelings and plans onto paper and make some sense of it all.

have you considered a mod board then jose can help

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This small park in Kingston was full of undercover cops/people this afternoon. I noticed one guy sitting on a bench by himself. I thought he had a cochlear implant, then realised it was one of those transparent wire earpieces. Next bench, another single guy sitting looking nonchalant, with another earpiece. Behind him was a big antenna on a tripod hidden in the trees making walkie talkie noises. I saw loads of others all dotted around after that. I feel like I shouldn’t have been able to notice them so well.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

At least you didn't do whatever you were going to do though

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
if nobody there was holding up a newspaper with eyeoles cut out of it i'm disappointed

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

This small park in Kingston was full of undercover cops/people this afternoon. I noticed one guy sitting on a bench by himself. I thought he had a cochlear implant, then realised it was one of those transparent wire earpieces. Next bench, another single guy sitting looking nonchalant, with another earpiece. Behind him was a big antenna on a tripod hidden in the trees making walkie talkie noises. I saw loads of others all dotted around after that. I feel like I shouldn’t have been able to notice them so well.

That park in behind JD Sports? Always full of shady fuckers that one

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

At least you didn't do whatever you were going to do though

You’re right, I forgot to pick up ham from the supermarket. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gasmask posted:

That park in behind JD Sports? Always full of shady fuckers that one

Yeah, the graveyard/park. I was walking round the alley to Eden Walk when I noticed them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

you should have let out a massive piercing shriek, then as soon as they all break cover look at your phone and exclaim BORIS is getting MARRIED!!!