Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I had dinner with this chap among others at the invitation of the college Warden when I was at uni, does that count? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Oh yeah, another celebrity connection- Clarissa Dickson-Wright (half of the Two Fat Ladies) was my godmother, though I didn’t really see her that much.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if we're still doing celebrity bragging, i am harry hill

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I once shook Dick Strawbridge's hand.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
no, i am harry hill

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

goatface posted:

I once shook Dick Strawbridge's hand.

I once shook Hand Strawbridge's Dick

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i once dicked Shook Strawhands' bridge

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I will update Harry Hill's wiki page to say he is a confirmed objectophile.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
If we're doing celeb stuff I once met the lovely Debbie McGee because she learned to dance from the same lady who taught my sister.
Also I was at school with the "comedian" Andrew Lawrence (he was never funny even before he switched to all racism all the time)
Oh and growing up my next-door neighbour was best mates with the dad from Bread so I saw him from time to time.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My nan knows or knew a fair few 1960s/1970s celebrities because my uncle was friends with John Peel - when bands were on tour out in Australia he’d let roadies crash at the house in Melbourne for free/store band gear there and they would pick up and drop the keys off at her house in the U.K.

I wouldn’t have recognised any of them though and it’s unlikely she knew who they were either.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Not toys r us after school hours on a hot Friday afternoon in Peterborough. Possibly my lowest point

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I love sitting in traffic

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

I used to swap Dr Who videos with the bassist from the Libertines at school. Believe he still has my copy of Death To The Daleks.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

if we're still doing celebrity bragging, i am harry hill

Strong username/post synergy there.

I used to sit next to someone at work who had an IMDB entry (they worked in props on Balamory). That's it.

How does everyone else keep meeting loads of celebrities?

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Drive near a town where they put on big important Shakespeare plays

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Clarence posted:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I lived very close to the brother of Scottish actor Brian Cox and i saw Michael Clarke and Shane Watson on the street in Edinburgh the day before Scotland played Australia in the cricket

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Camrath posted:

I used to swap Dr Who videos with the bassist from the Libertines at school. Believe he still has my copy of Death To The Daleks.

Speaking of Dr Who, I've met Louise Jameson (Leela, companion of the fourth doctor, and also I guess she was in Eastenders and other stuff) a good few times back in the 90s. She was (and I think still is) friends with my mum because my brother and one of Louise Jameson's kids were in the same local youth theatre group and my mum got chatting with her and they became friends. She seemed nice.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dad hates Jimmy greaves after an altercation on a plane

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Involving Jimmy Greaves, or did he just get wanged in the head and he came out of it hating Jimmy Greaves for some reason?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

He was in his seat and drunk and swearing

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

But enough about my father

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have on occasion bumped into a celebrity in my line of work, and when I happened upon an unexpected Peter Crouch it was quite literal

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I watched a film earlier and the AD was one of my lecturers during my first (aborted) trip to uni. #celebritystories

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dante labs are poo poo house charlatans pass it on

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Clarence posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I used to DJ at a club in my hometown and she was booked to "DJ" there one night.

I say "DJ" because in reality I did the mixing while she stood there with a disconnected set of decks and pretended.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I used to DJ at a club in my hometown and she was booked to "DJ" there one night.

I say "DJ" because in reality I did the mixing while she stood there with a disconnected set of decks and pretended.

Which celeb was this? Lost track. Clarissa Dickson?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Which celeb was this? Lost track. Clarissa Dickson?

Lmao wouldn't that be a sight! Nah, Peaches Geldof.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Someone on Reddit did smack with peaches geldoff and didn’t know it was her

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Is there any reason they should have known? Did Peaches do anything notable before dying? Apart from far too much heroin.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

she was a model i guess

ive got one of those annoying heartbeat thumping headaches, probably gonna die

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

they posted about doing h and having a crazy one night stand with a posh british girl. people called bullshit so they shared photos and then someone was like oh hey you just shared nudes of peaches geldoff.

it wasn't particularly edifying or glamorous tbqh

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I can't believe patches hellfire is dead why did noone tell me

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Lol I'm like the dudes that go on daily mail articles of celebrities in their pants and say I don't even know who you are in my pants

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i met matt berry and he was a lovely, quiet man in person

i was very awkward

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

patches geldof where she offers to do heroin with you but then kicks you into a pit and accuses you of being a cleric

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
Have just remembered some other poo poo celebrity connections, I vaguely knew Jimmy Hill's granddaughter at school and my cousin's husband's cousin is Rose Matafeo (saying that this made me closer to being a funny comedian than Andrew Lawrence is why he blocked me on twitter)

Clarence posted:

Too many privately educated poshos pretending to be lower class posting here obvs

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i was very awkward

How have you managed to avoid this coming across in your online posting persona?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i can only put it down to my overwhelming charisma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i can only put it down to my overwhelming charisma

I guess that's why we're all here OP