Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Why would you consider listening to the radio? What the gently caress? I am triggered

I used to listen to podcasts, but then I started laughing during a bench press and almost killed myself.

I've been listening to nick lutsko recently, good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

hemale in pain posted:

i was trying to not use my phone while lifting weights so i had this crappy old radio you gotta tune setup. I could swear that in every 1 hour of radio there's only 10-15 minutes of songs and the rest is prize competition shilling, adverts and awful host segments.

they play the same poo poo every day too. for some reason its the shakira song hips dont lie from like loving 2006. EVERY DAY.

If you're gonna listen to the radio, just put 6 music on and be done with it. Literally every other station (apart from some of the plays on Radio 4, they can be cool) is garbage. :lol: at even considering putting a non-BBC station on.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bardeh posted:

If you're gonna listen to the radio, just put 6 music on and be done with it. Literally every other station (apart from some of the plays on Radio 4, they can be cool) is garbage. :lol: at even considering putting a non-BBC station on.

Yeah this. Even as someone who hates pretty much 3verything the bbc does radio 6 is far and away the best radio station

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

We have Heart on at work :shepicide:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hemale in pain posted:

i was trying to not use my phone while lifting weights so i had this crappy old radio you gotta tune setup. I could swear that in every 1 hour of radio there's only 10-15 minutes of songs and the rest is prize competition shilling, adverts and awful host segments.
the same people who will laugh at podcast listeners and their fake friends will also lecture you about their favourite radio presenters and how they once replied to them on twitter

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I have a new one plus ryobi site radio that I linked to my phone via Bluetooth on Sunday to play building site noses to myself to make everything feel more productive

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Why would anyone have radio on in the background when you could have limmy
i am incredibly envious of anyone who is able to concentrate with a person talking in the background, i just cant do it. even music with lyrics

if i could work and watch tv or catch up on podcasts in rhe background i would get so much done

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I got audiobooks on in the background via headphones almost constantly when I’m working. If not that I’lll find something on bbc sounds via headphones or classic FM via stereo

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
My partner puts on classic fm a lot. I honestly don't see the point as any classical playlist on Spotify would fill the same role and not have adverts.

I enjoy Saturday night at the movies though, and Margherita Taylor does the 10pm - 1pm slot, and she's got a wonderful voice to fall asleep to. So maybe I've just proved myself wrong...

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 27, 2021

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am incredibly envious of anyone who is able to concentrate with a person talking in the background, i just cant do it. even music with lyrics

if i could work and watch tv or catch up on podcasts in rhe background i would get so much done

Its less that i have a superb level of concentration and more my work being a piece of piss

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

If someone could write a script that detects when the news is on and replaces it with more music, I would listen to 6 Music again.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

oh no computer posted:

We have Heart on at work :shepicide:

Lord I hate Heart radio so much. Just everything about it - the presenters are all very tedious and safe, the song list is small and dire, and you'll notice that every single pop song with a rap verse has that part awkwardly removed. Presumably too scary for their middle aged white demographic idk

Heart is for people who say "lastminute.com" when they just mean they did something at the last minute

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Heart is for people who consider mustard too spicy

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Heart is for cunts

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i have not worked in an office in nearly 15 years and had forgotten about older people adding dot com to the end of every loving colloquialism

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
If you think the radio is bad try working in an office where they play the exact same playlist of 90s/00s girl groups every single loving day

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

My partner puts on classic fm a lot. I honestly don't see the point as any classical playlist on Spotify would fill the same role and not have adverts.

I enjoy Saturday night at the movies though, and Margherita Taylor does the 10pm - 1pm slot, and she's got a wonderful voice to fall asleep to. So maybe I've just proved myself wrong...

The problem with classic fm is they still play the same poo poo over and over again. If I have to hear one more loving shostakovich piece I'm gonna lose it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

classical music should not exclude video game soundtracks, change my mind

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I was about to argue but then I realised you said not exclude instead of not include

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

gonna sit and chill listening to yoshis island OST on repeat

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
just lmao if you have to actually listen to music instead of composing your own symphonies in your brain

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vitamins posted:

gonna sit and chill listening to yoshis island OST on repeat

That one song from that soundtrack is in my head constantly and I haven't played that game in 25 years

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Classic fm had some Final Fantasy music in their top 100 one year.
I used to have a car with a lovely radio that only had a CD player that skipped at the tiniest bump so classic fm was the main station used.

Now I've a radio with a 32gb USB stick shoved in.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

freelop posted:

Classic fm had some Final Fantasy music in their top 100 one year.
i used to listen to it in the morning to help me wake up and they had an occasional sunday night one off show where they would play music from videos gam but the whole thing was dripping with condescension and 'of course this is only the merest fraction of what we would call music'

gently caress you music of the spheres is better than holst

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

hans zimmer is a legit composer and i am excited for the dunc soundtrack

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

hans zimmer is a legit composer and i am excited for the dunc soundtrack

years ago i was on a course with someone who worked at one of the studios hans zimmer does stuff for and he said he happened to be there when they were coming up with the theme for some film or other. said hans zimmer basically just hums the main bit of theme once he's happy with it and then tasks the rest of the musicians to finish it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

its not like real composers play all the instruments, they just wave that little stick around and pull faces

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

More like hums zinmer

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NotJustANumber99 posted:

its not like real composers play all the instruments, they just wave that little stick around and pull faces

That's a conductor not a composer

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i have not worked in an office in nearly 15 years and had forgotten about older people adding dot com to the end of every loving colloquialism

I had this colleague once who, whenever I had to alter the weekly production schedule ('cos stuff had happened that required changes to be made) would go: "But I thought we were doing xyz this week, not abc? I'm confused dot com." She'd say it in this twee, girly voice, which I'm sure she did on purpose to annoy me.

God, I hated her lol.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Sudden Javelin posted:

Lord I hate Heart radio so much. Just everything about it - the presenters are all very tedious and safe, the song list is small and dire, and you'll notice that every single pop song with a rap verse has that part awkwardly removed. Presumably too scary for their middle aged white demographic idk

Heart is for people who say "lastminute.com" when they just mean they did something at the last minute

yeah, hearts one of the stations my little radio gets signal for and it's poo poo.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

fridge corn posted:

That's a conductor not a composer

ahhh

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

put the tv on and why is horse stuff still allowed in the olympics. forcing a poor horse to debase itself and trot about like a idiot is cruel.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

horses like nothing better than to debase themselves and trot about like idiots

apart from accidentally killing themselves. they love that most of all

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Apple Music 1 is nice. They have Elton John's Rocket Hour and no ads.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

horses were literally made to trot

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Horse people are almost universally in my experience hardcore alcoholics

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

hemale in pain posted:

put the tv on and why is horse stuff still allowed in the olympics. forcing a poor horse to debase itself and trot about like a idiot is cruel.

Horses bloody love this stuff. A lot of the training consists of trying to keep the horse calm and stop it from getting over excited.

Look at their ears. An upset horse had its ears back.

I remember seeing war horse in the cinema and my soon to become partner ruined the emotional scenes for me "that horse is having the time of its life rolling in that mud in the fake barbed wire" and now I notice it in everything.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jul 27, 2021

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

The only thing dumber than a horse is a horse person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Mega Comrade posted:

Horses bloody love this stuff. A lot of the training consists of trying to keep the horse calm and stop it from getting over excited.

goddamnit horses are dumb