Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

star wars horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

CancerCakes posted:

The only thing dumber than a horse is a horse person

horse peoples children too but they are more or less forced into it like Judy Murray and tennis

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

hemale in pain posted:

goddamnit horses are dumb

Oh yeah. Incredibly dumb animals.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

STILL ANGRY ABOUT CHEESE

Jose posted:

years ago i was on a course with someone who worked at one of the studios hans zimmer does stuff for and he said he happened to be there when they were coming up with the theme for some film or other. said hans zimmer basically just hums the main bit of theme once he's happy with it and then tasks the rest of the musicians to finish it

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jose posted:

years ago i was on a course with someone who worked at one of the studios hans zimmer does stuff for and he said he happened to be there when they were coming up with the theme for some film or other. said hans zimmer basically just hums the main bit of theme once he's happy with it and then tasks the rest of the musicians to finish it

The Captain Beefheart method.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Doesn't that also involve locking them into a house until they finish it to your standards?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

goatface posted:

Doesn't that also involve locking them into a house until they finish it to your standards?

Yes.

Farm Crisis Zero
May 31, 2002

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i am incredibly envious of anyone who is able to concentrate with a person talking in the background, i just cant do it. even music with lyrics

if i could work and watch tv or catch up on podcasts in rhe background i would get so much done

Do I have a podcast for you [disclaimer: it's mine]

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

goatface posted:

i sort of glossed over what this was in reference to, and pictured horses being forced to paint and decorate

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

goatface posted:

Doesn't that also involve locking them into a horse until they finish it to your standards?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Doesnít Classic FM do a whole video game music section on Saturday nights? Also, theyíll sneak in bits every now again. Iíve definitely heard a piece from Skyrim during regular hours.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Oh globbits

i like radio 2 because i am getting old

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Oh globbits

my idea of what is "recent" is very dated

if i had to talk to some young people i would probably be like what's your favourite out of the atomic kittycat girls and sugar-babes?!?!? :slick:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

I disagree! Only 2 Princesses have died. That is one of the smallest number of dead Princesses you can have.

Oven Wrangler

Mega Comrade posted:

Horses bloody love this stuff. A lot of the training consists of trying to keep the horse calm and stop it from getting over excited.

Look at their ears. An upset horse had its ears back.

I remember seeing war horse in the cinema and my soon to become partner ruined the emotional scenes for me "that horse is having the time of its life rolling in that mud in the fake barbed wire" and now I notice it in everything.

Makes me think of that bit in the Neverending Story where the horse is supposed to be sinkkng to it's death in the swamp and that kid is desperately trying to save it and emoting it up for all he's worth: "Fight it! Fight! Oh, please don't die, I need you!" and the horse (which is clearly feeling totally non-threatened) is just like: "...what?".

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i, personally, would have preferred it if they threatened the horse to get a good shot

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The horse should be fully trained but then doped into a frothing frenzy until it's almost unrideable. Rodeo dressage.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Horses love charging into massed light infantry and trampling motherfuckers but I donít see anyone apart from me advocating for that in the Olympics

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

They just need to start protesting properly.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

got some big bits of steel arriving tomorrow but I've refused to pay them to install and now trying to figure out what words I need to type into youtube to figure it out before tomorrow

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

I disagree! Only 2 Princesses have died. That is one of the smallest number of dead Princesses you can have.

Oven Wrangler

NotJustANumber99 posted:

got some big bits of steel arriving tomorrow but I've refused to pay them to install and now trying to figure out what words I need to type into youtube to figure it out before tomorrow

"Amateur install I-beam no crane no assistance".

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

no serious injury or death

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

"groverhaus speedrun wr no drywall"

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I think the term is sounding but I could be wrong

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Doesn’t Classic FM do a whole video game music section on Saturday nights? Also, they’ll sneak in bits every now again. I’ve definitely heard a piece from Skyrim during regular hours.

How are you listening to Skyrim music so much you recognise a song

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Salad Prong

dont pretend you wouldn't immediately recognize skyrims main theme

hemale in pain fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 27, 2021

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Watching Guns Akimbo, daaaaaamn its awesome. You can really tell that the director is visual effects specced.
I'm also drinking whiskey on a school night knowing tomorrow's days work is an easy remedial job after service dudes have been in and hosed some poo poo up. Small stone wall to rebuild, re-lay two 300mmx300mm slabs and ten meters of turf.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

this changes nothing, i am still dead inside

i have done you a subscribe and look forward to buying a mattress / website / raid shadow legends off you

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

im going to go camp in wales and climb a mountain anyone want to come

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jose posted:

How are you listening to Skyrim music so much you recognise a song

Thereís one track that has a little bit in it that sounds like the Emmerdale theme, and thatís the track I heard.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

Thereís one track that has a little bit in it that sounds like the Emmerdale theme, and thatís the track I heard.

I googled "emmerdale skyrim" and the only other mention of this is a gamefaqs post from 2012 so its a thing but now I really need to know the exact piece of music your talking about

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I googled "emmerdale skyrim" and the only other mention of this is a gamefaqs post from 2012 so its a thing but now I really need to know the exact piece of music your talking about

1 minute in, but give it all a listen, it's a nice piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPWVfCtnGyg

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 18, 2014

Salisbury Snape posted:

Watching Guns Akimbo, daaaaaamn its awesome. You can really tell that the director is visual effects specced.
I'm also drinking whiskey on a school night knowing tomorrow's days work is an easy remedial job after service dudes have been in and hosed some poo poo up. Small stone wall to rebuild, re-lay two 300mmx300mm slabs and ten meters of turf.

Watched it yesterday; it was kinda fun but nowhere near as mental as it could have been given the premise.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 18, 2014

Met Office issued a weather warning for here just after lunchtime for torrential downpours and thunderstorms, about an hour after the torrential downpours and thunderstorms started. It's been chucking it down constantly for the last 9 hours.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

It's the jet streams mate.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!

Fallen Rib

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Met Office issued a weather warning for here just after lunchtime for torrential downpours and thunderstorms, about an hour after the torrential downpours and thunderstorms started. It's been chucking it down constantly for the last 9 hours.

Blessed blessed rain. My dogs not impressed though

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Gasmask posted:

im going to go camp in wales and climb a mountain anyone want to come

if it's snowdon it might be more like queueing

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

hemale in pain posted:

if it's snowdon it might be more like queueing

i was going to do Brecon - Waun Fach

do you know about Wales? give me tips plz

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Salad Prong

like outdoorsy advice or wales specific? we biked up the gap road a few weeks ago and pen y fan looked cool. If you got time mid wales is worth a visit, i really like the elan valley and rhayader. all the reservoirs are neat and the visiter center is in a pretty area.

when going up into the hills always bring a coat even if it's sunny, get a navigation app like viewranger or komoot and bring more food/water than you'd ever need. it doesn't hurt to have a whistle either and if your going alone tell someone where you're going and when your gonna get back.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

I love MLP

radio 3 is good, no adverts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Salisbury Snape posted:

Ssnape, question for you:

1. 20 metres of gravelled path, about as wide as a double garage, how much to turn it into something motorcycles will easily grip even in the pouring rain? E.g. asphalt? Or whatever other surface you recommend?
2. Same as question 1, but at a 15degree slope?