Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Wizard Master posted:

What are your blokes thoughts on the Queen withdrawing from the Glasgow climate summit due to health reasons

she died years ago, but she's flaking faster than the puppeteer can hide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I can say I've never found myself innocently coming up against a "you're too old" age restriction like that on the internet before... happen often?

I, er... also havent ever done it non-innocently either.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

crispix posted:

frig u magicfluffyllama YOU'RE NOT FUNNY UR STUPID

I’m using the steam account my kid set up when she was about 10 and am now, a 42 year old adult, looking at a badly drawn anime called “SurvivorSharko” every time I log in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Would love to no longer have this cold it's getting annoying at this point

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Ratjaculation posted:

You'll want more children, not less, at the moment. With the 40 year lag effect in climate change, the peak is already inevitable and they'll need good numbers to band together to venture into the Dustlands to attack Besos Conglomerate water convoys.

Immortan Jeff?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

nah immortan joe actually did stuff and led from the front

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You want enough kids that they can band together and chase off zombie prince Andrew.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

crispix posted:

why am i too old to post about iwo jima ghost ships look at the state of this lot :mad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/59036927

I'm surprised the Chinese haven't "salvaged" these already.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Lunch options are a Tesco meal deal or a spoons, meal expenses are capped at a tenner.

Guess spoons it is

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A whole rotisserie chicken, a tub of colslaw and a litre of apple juice from Tesco.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Ratjaculation posted:

Lunch options are a Tesco meal deal or a spoons, meal expenses are capped at a tenner.

Guess spoons it is

Should be capped at 3 quid imo

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Had to get a co-op meal deal today because the Tesco express over the road from where I work is shut for the next month for a refurb. It's not as good and also they don't seem to sell individual bags of crisps, only multipacks and those massive sharing bags.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Had a Tesco pulled beef and Red Leicester sarnie today; it was ok but could have done with more cheese.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

sounds banging that

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

How many times have I had to ask goons in this thread to stop loving the meal deal sandwiches

Or, at the very least, buying them after you do it

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

There weren't any of those left in Tesco just now but I bet they would have been drably disappointing. I was going to buy sweeties to throw at the village children but ended up coming away with four awful overpriced craft beers instead.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

That'll cause some serious bumps

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Going out in town town

On a school night

Not out out, but out

Not butt out, but out

Forgot to wear my mask on the tram. I am a bad person.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
went to asdurs gently caress all cereal gently caress all crisps fkn livid m8!!!!!!!!!!!!! pure ragin xx

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Went to a fancy business lunch in that London. Met some of the board. The risotto was underwhelming. Wine was good

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

risotto's fancy is it? not had it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I was waiting for them to break out the ritual daggers and blindfolds but had to scoot to catch my train

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Got a wedding tomorrow and my wife is a bridesmaid

So I am sitting in the car park of a posh hotel where the bridal party is having their pre wedding meal

With a 6 week old in the car so I can swoop in every so often for him to be fed

He’s pissed off, my wife is stressed as gently caress and I don’t even get any food

The staff are looking at me suspiciously

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

lol. sounds like a good night out.

Im standing in the kitchen wondering who to cook for cos noones come home

also its pretty cold because heat pumps don't work in shittily insulated, non airtight 30 odd year old homes.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I'm gonna cook some fake bolognese, and not overboil the pasta this time

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the MIL is here twiddling her thumbs because the wife and I were supposed to go out for dinner but the usually reliable 7pm baby bedtime has gone out of the window and he's still awake singing because he's figured out that we were going to do fun stuff without him and has vetoed it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm not complaining but geez its basically dadznet in here now lol.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I'm not a dad

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

neither am i

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

On my way home because I am a responsible dad

While out I drank 3 pints, a cocktail and had tequila shot, and a massive pizza

Most of the chat was dad adjacent

I also completed time crisis 2 (like a boss)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's the final boss

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

With the lemon and the salt and stuff?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

CancerCakes posted:

On my way home because I am a responsible dad

While out I drank 3 pints, a cocktail and had tequila shot, and a massive pizza

Most of the chat was dad adjacent

I also completed time crisis 2 (like a boss)

I was the inverse to this, Mrs Boat had a girls night out tonight so I got The Boy to bed and was extra responsible

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

legooolas
Jul 30, 2004

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol. sounds like a good night out.

Im standing in the kitchen wondering who to cook for cos noones come home

also its pretty cold because heat pumps don't work in shittily insulated, non airtight 30 odd year old homes.

How completely impractical are they in most houses then if 30 year old ones aren't going to work? Virtually everything we've looked at is Victorian or older, and I guess that getting anything remotely efficient and non-fossil-fuel-using in there is going to be near impossible?

Edit: And the in-laws need to replace their coal-fired Rayburn but their house is large, leaky and poorly insulated. They only currently heat a couple of the rooms and supplement with electric radiators though so if a heat pump can manage that then it would be good enough as a replacement.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

In my day dad's were out with their secretaries and silent until I'd misbehaved badly enough that I needed a proper seeing to.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jesus christ

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

legooolas posted:

How completely impractical are they in most houses then if 30 year old ones aren't going to work? Virtually everything we've looked at is Victorian or older, and I guess that getting anything remotely efficient and non-fossil-fuel-using in there is going to be near impossible?

Edit: And the in-laws need to replace their coal-fired Rayburn but their house is large, leaky and poorly insulated. They only currently heat a couple of the rooms and supplement with electric radiators though so if a heat pump can manage that then it would be good enough as a replacement.

I'd hate to act like I know it all, I really don't. Like this house could be warmer tonight.

The issues here are they've obviously whacked out the old boiler and put the heat pump in but not really looked at anything else. There is 300mm of insulation in the loft they presumably got paid for, but things like the radiators are still the old ones, you need bigger surface area ones to radiate the lower temp heat better.

I have a mate who fitted, at least two heat pumps to his leaky old listed building, but he also paid for new rads. I imagine he spent a lot.

Heat pumps work, but they need done context appropriate design, and probably spend. And there never going to be as economically efficient in a retrofit compromise as in a new build setup for them. Even then you might have a secondary heat source. Or maybe solar taking some of the electrical cost burden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

what's the final boss

The one with the laser satellite after WILD DOG

NotJustANumber99 posted:

With the lemon and the salt and stuff?

Yeah, it was pretty decent tequila though, better than expected

Party Boat posted:

I was the inverse to this, Mrs Boat had a girls night out tonight so I got The Boy to bed and was extra responsible

I keep offering to do this but Mrs cakes is more of an afternoon tea and walk person, which messes with the boozy night out quid pro quo