Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Fingerless Gloves posted:

I really enjoyed London and then spent today watching horror movies of varying quality.

What are some good ones, I just watched Yellowbrickroad and then Grave Encounters.

Watch grave encounters 2

Other suggestions would be It Follows, The Blob remake and Society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Jobs where you do next to gently caress all for relatively decent pay seem pretty common.

And I have one.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Ask them if they'd like to be number 3.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

The only good thing about running is doing it down the seafront so I can check out babe's whilst I do it, this has been hosed up this year by a combination of myshit eyes and terrible weather.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Ratjaculation posted:

and irn bru bars

Those things ruled.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Fingerless Gloves posted:

That is my stripper name

Who is ready for the south to get washed away with the great flood?

It's pretty damp here, it doesn't bode well for our annual airshow.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Just went to the gym and figured I'd drop into town to give my availability to the agency I work for.....THE WHOLE PLACE IS loving FLOODED! Roads are being closed, there's sirens everywhere and they've shut the shopping centre as the roof was leaking profusely and may potentially cave in.

Is this the end??

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Party Boat posted:

It's lovely and sunny out today

I'd like to say I'm jealous but it's fine I'm on a nightshift tonight and it's well known that PC Rain is the best crime prevention in this town.

Of course we'll probably have a few domestics.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

lorn Wayne posted:

i went to manchester uni and it's an awesome city, gently caress the haters

I'm going there in Nevember I'll pass judgement on it then.

Then again I actually enjoyed myself in Leeds so i'm obviously easy to please.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Trauma Tank posted:

Cameron's Britain.

I ordered a korma once when I was new at curries and didn't know what all the types were so I went with a mild one. Threw most of it away in disgust because it tasted like rice pudding. I knew an American woman who went red and started crying because of a "spicy" korma. I don't know what the gently caress.

Bhunas rule though.

One of the hottest curries I've ever had I got when I was working at one of the Gatwick Immigration detention center's and they served Korma for lunch, it was a poo poo curry but loving hell was it spicy.

Agreed on the "Bhuna's rule" statement.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Another wonderful friday night in custody............actually it's been okay apart from one coked up lunatic accusing us of stealing his money and showing me his nob.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

JFairfax posted:

Why did you get arrested?

As Vitamins said I'm a Custody Officer

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

crispix posted:

was it a nice nob

It looked like a wet deflated water bomb.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

crispix posted:

not a nice nob

He decided to piss himself during the night to, nothing says Karma like a guy who'd only a few hours ago had threatened to murder you having to ask for a towel and some tissue.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

drat, theres been a huge plane crash at Shoreham airshow so far seven dead but from what I'm hearing at work it could be considerably more.

Somehow the pilot survived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHplYmh2f8

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

goatface posted:

Seven dead, one more serious casualty and a bunch of "minor" injuries. I can't see the pilot surviving that. He didn't eject.

Apparently the plane broke up and he was in a separate part of it away from the main crash.

Of course this is all hearsay and rumour at this point.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

I'm stuck on a train at Horsham, this is most inconvenient.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

freelop posted:

Disaster at work as the regular Friday breakfast sandwich place is on holiday.
Spent ages scouring people's memories of where alternatives could be but after a few false hopes gave up.
Then I remembered just eat is a thing and all was good.

Sausage sandwiches are serious business.

I missed the food van that visits every morning as I was in the process of fingerprinting someone so had to get my colleague to go to the Burger van around the corner, he returned with a half baguette full of every breakfast food imaginable it was MASSIVE.

good poo poo!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

The missus is moving to Nottingham to do a Master's in brewing, her campus is only 45 minutes from Alton Tower's.

I've clearly done something right here.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

General China posted:

thats one small cat

or a loving big bag of space raiders

Looks like a multipack......I've seem them in poundland

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

UncleBlazer posted:

That means she's ten minutes from me. If you love her you'll let her go Gaz.

The heart want's what it wants............and my heart wants free beer and rollercoaster's.

What i'm saying is no chance.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Bozza posted:

I have been for a cheeky Nandos and it was alright.

I prefer a spontaneous burrito.

The best thing about Nando's were the crisps I haven't seen them about in a while.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Any of you Goons watch that ITV show "The Nick" it really makes Brighton seem like a right shithole.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

I have a hangover after 5 beers and Facebook have suspended my account for having a silly name.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Jose posted:

a hangover after 5 beers is shameful

I don't drink as often as I used to......

The pub had got rid of red stripe so I had to go with London lager...

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Went to the pub again, didn't drink but had an awesome trio of sausages with mash and gravy in a Yorkshire pudding

Good poo poo.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Jose posted:

why aren't you drinking it seems a bit poo poo

Two reasons really, one is that I have work tomorrow early, the other is that a close mate died Sunday night and booze would have just resulted in me turning into a blubbering wreck.

I fully expect to have a righteous dump tomorrow.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Talking of sausage I just had a sausage and mash ready meal for lunch.

it does not get my reccomendation

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

25% apparently and this was part of the good for you range.

the sausages looked like the ones in the All Day Breakfasts we give the detainee's they were pretty grim.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

The South African rugby team have taken over my gym, this is incredibly inconvenient.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

I'm working a care shift tonight then off all day tomorrow followed by a day shift in custody, all this extra work will be worth it when I'm drinking a cold beer in Texas in April.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

I got paid to watch the rugby, can't complain.
I have however developed a sore as gently caress throat so the missus is getting me a McFlurry

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Bozza posted:

Went to Thorpe Park today and it was good.

No fucker there, but I did get stuck on the Saw ride for 10 mins as the harness got stuck down.

A good theme park and the drinks are actually reasonable especially if you have an annual pass, I'm going to Alton Towers next Saturday I'm hoping i't's quiet.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Having a wetherpoo I give the facilities a solid 7/10

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

It's my colleague's birthday and instead of the traditional donut's he decided to get a round of these ridiculous breakfast baguettes in

forearm included for size comparison

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

UncleBlazer posted:

Gaz you seem to have fallen asleep on a comic book.

yup, no amount of washing seems to be able to get that off......

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Bozza posted:

do one, ya plum.

Though speaking of slang, discovered a word in my vocabulary which appears to have never made it out of North Bedfordshire - "skanked" meaning to intentionally ditch someone. Nobody in my mates who didn't grow up in Bedford in the 90s/early 2000s has ever heard it.

Post obscure very specific regional slang itt.

Skanked was a word we used around here growing up, but it was used to describe when someone stole something.

"I skanked this pen of that nob in science"

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

NaDy posted:

bristol goons do yourself a favour and go down to castle park and get a falafel wrap from edna's kitchen, god-tier food.

other uk goons where are your favourite falafel places? if you don't like falafels i dont care because you're wrong about life.

The King of falafel in Camden next to The Worlds End/Underworld.
They are amazing after a few pints and a gig.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

I am working a nightshift tonight then getting a national express to Loughborough immediately after..... How much hell have I doomed myself to???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Alton towers trip report: despite it being a Saturday we only had to queue for the Charlie and the chocolate factory ride......which ended up being really poo poo.

Now I'm going to find out how much cheaper the beer is around these parts