Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

I ran crying to the mods because someone bought me a title with naughty words in it. (twice!)
I am the world's softest bitch and you you should remind me of it forever. If this text is gone it's because I couldn't handle being a fucking loser.

Smellrose

I used to live in Manchester and took a quick Google view look recently and what the gently caress have they done to Victoria Station?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

I ran crying to the mods because someone bought me a title with naughty words in it. (twice!)
I am the world's softest bitch and you you should remind me of it forever. If this text is gone it's because I couldn't handle being a fucking loser.

Smellrose

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait that isn't a bdsm tool?

Not with that attitude.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Oh no

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Mrs Beeton did not include hash browns in her full english breakfast list.

what's Kate Beaton got to do with English breakfasts?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

so your dumb government is really going to let y'all crash out with a no deal brexit? really?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

:lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Jose posted:

For the rest of the gallery who want to laugh at the state of the UK it's fine to do so just remember that those of us living here are hosed and don't laugh at us specifically

As individuals you have my deepest sympathies. Collectively though y'all earn a :lol: from me.

I spent most of a decade living in England during grad school so I have a lot of unresolved issues with you. Although I remember a professor telling me Britain was much more accepting of trans folk than the US which in retrospect is the funniest bit of British comedy I can think of.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Ratjaculation posted:

The panic buying cunts are back here

Great.

How is the D&D thread doing these days?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

kecske posted:

Her specific bugbear with nestlé was the baby formula thing where they recommended to mothers in parts of the developing world to stop breastfeeding and use their formula instead which resulted in loads of infant deaths because the local water sources were all tainted so they were making up formula with contaminated water

anyway for a multitude of reasons don't buy nestlé I'm sure cadbury is also an international monster

Nestle is 1980s American Saturday morning cartoon supervillain levels of evil.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Ratjaculation posted:

the rainforest alliance is anything but

Welcome to capitalism

I feel there's a rant here and I want to learn more.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

People eat biscuits that aren't bourbon creams? Why?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

It keeps telling me I'm a posho trying not to act posh. Is it because I picked Pret as my fallback? Because tthe Pret was across the street from the Greggs I usually went to where I lived in Manchester.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

I don't think I should be called a Tory because I like croissants when I'm not in the mood for a full breakfast, which is the only thing Pret is good for.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol every other household gradually doing their fireworks all night plus sleeping baby equals oh uh

A Brexit metaphor.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Brexit Brexit lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

could someone explain to me why Harry Ramsden's exists? because a fish and chips chain that apparently exists only inside rail stations seems like a cursed business model

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

I only ever saw them in rail station food courts so I assumed that was their gimmick somehow, apparently the one at Euston closed years ago

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

I have three memories of English snow:

1) Coming back to my flat from visiting my parents in California and finding the door to the building had been smashed in and the entrance covered in dirty slushty snow.
2) Trying desperately to light a cigarette somewhere outside one of Heathrow's terminals at Too drat Early O'Clock in the morning as the wind kept putting it out. This was the point where I gave up trying to smoke.
3) A Paul Merton joke about road grit being the most valuable substance on Earth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

its 4:30 in the morning and I'm thinking of making another cup of tea

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

lol acting as chauffeur to some rando who banged your sister

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

yo I loving hate the whole cuck/beta/simp memes and everything associated with them but drat if they aren't the only proper word for a dude who picks up his sister's boytoys from maidstone in his car

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

just want to say Cyril I'm absolutely not making any irl judgements about you its just the situation you described is loving hilarious in the abstract

to do list:
1) greengrocer
2) petrol
3) pick up sister's fuckbuddy from maidstone

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

it's 2 AM in California and I would kill a man for a full English breakfast with kippers, just as long as they didn't put milk in the scrambled eggs

there was a hotel in Southampton that did a really good breakfast with kippers, listened to the Radio 4 adaptation of one the George Smiley novels there and played Team Fortress 2 on my laptop in the lobby because the signal was janky as gently caress

the Elizabeth House Hotel, that was it, excellent butternut squash soup too

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jan 24, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Bape Culture posted:

Do we think Amanda Knox did a murder?

Iíve completed Netflix now I thjnk

of course she didn't wtf is wrong with you

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jan 26, 2021

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

she wasn't a typo, which is what my post was

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Bape Culture posted:

Itís not controversial to talk about true crime ya weirdo

I need my coffee

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Bape Culture posted:

My post hasnít been edited you absolute lunatic

yeah I quoted the wrong person, here's the moron:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I made my mind up early on yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

my post hasn't been edited either

yeah no poo poo it hasn't, I thought your post which was never edited was by the other guy and he edited it to be different

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Doggy!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Pink gin is very nice at 1 in the morning.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

so america just had the superbowl with 100k people or whatever crammed in a stadium as if everything was normal?

it was more like 20k people and 80k cardboard cutouts

still not a good idea but florida

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Bobby Deluxe posted:

im going to bake some fimo, fimo is bread now

Structure purist, function neutral.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

:laugh:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Was laughing at the expat stores and not Gibraltar.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Sure, you laugh at British Shops now, but imagine living in the US and being stuck with Hershey's. Hardly worth considering.

yeah there's more than one chocolate maker in the US so nobody's stuck with hershey's unless they choose to be

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

NotJustANumber99 posted:

This is some armour almost probably from around the same time:

If they could make that I'm pretty sure they could stuff some beans in and put a lid on it.

Someone is looking pretty historically silly right about now...

Thicc knight.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

kecske posted:

fat chips are better than fries, imo

depends on what they're being eaten with

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

also waitrose has always made me laugh I presume it's pronounced Throckmorton-Ranfurly's or something because it's posh or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Smellrose

Boris Johnson