Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like this thread, full off hard working people, for a hard working Britain, and gently caress the rest of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

goatface posted:

Whatever happened to Nige?

After winning the 92 world championship and the indi cart championship in 93 (thus becoming the first person to hold both titles at the same time) our Nige made an F1 comeback with McLaren but dramatically left the sport in fury when he couldn't fit his fat rear end into the car.
Since then he made sporadic F1 appearances in the late 90's, mainly for Williams, and tried his hand at the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship), as well as Formula A1.
He now tends to reside as a steward, mainly for British F1 races where the Brits -quite rightly- tend to be acquitted, but Germans are heavily penalised, and quite right too.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Jose posted:

hose it

rip cj do mooi you were insanely arrogant on eggheads and admitted in your autobiography you might have killed someone years ago and now you've been arrested for murder

God that guy is a weirdo. I hated watching him on egg heads

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If you have the space for it a cage, an olympic barbell, some weights and a bench is probably the best investment you can make in terms of strength training.

It's the space that's a killer for most people.

We have a new house build just about completed with a double garage, one of which I am planning to turn into a gym. I am however not sure about where to go for the weights and bench. Exercise bike and treadmill are easy enough to get hold of but im finding the weights more difficult to source.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Depends what you're after. As mentioned last page I've used https://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk before and my stuff rolled up on the back of a truck on a pallet within a few days. Also as mentioned, prices are dumb right now because gyms are closed so they're taking advantage, not that prices weren't already silly for heavy objects in a particular format. That said, gently caress ever sharing a gym with other people, if you can afford to and have the space, getting your own stuff is the best thing ever.

Holy poo poo that stuff is dear!!!! Hoping things may come down in the next month or two. Any way thanks for the info mate, that rack looks sweet as

Dysgenesis posted:

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/ are the best if you need decent quality for example buying a barbell.

For weight plates just get the cheapest which is usually second hand. Cheapest new is usually powerhouse.

Also thank you too, this has certainly given me a place to start my search.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

goatface posted:

It was the interview for the promotion to keep doing the job I am currently doing.

A 'restructure' is it?