Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

4 months of lockdown and I just find out there's a UK thread. Afternoon all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

LizzieBorden posted:

Also this is my city's Primark queue. Please note that this is nowhere near Primark.

Oh Iíve got one of those too. This is Kingstonís Primark. The queue barrels off into the distance and only the curvature of the Earth stops you seeing it all.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A lot of these fit to the tune of Eleanor Rigby as well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/socpens/status/1383129508027437063

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Also remembering Dobwalls, which had a miniature railway that young me was obsessed with and then also a Mr Blobby themed play zone?

The now long closed London Toy and Model Museum had a lovely miniature railway in its back garden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9W8L738TTw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gone already.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is this the hookup thread now?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in other news Midnight Diner is really good; I've recommended it to people and now am finally watching it

Midnight Diner is great. It's good, chill TV. I have a soft spot for that middle of the night 'no-one else but us are awake' feeling.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Looking at installing air conditioning to stave off the inevitable 2-3 weeks of intense and oppressive summer we get every year now (which will absolutely get longer in the decade to come).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

feedmegin posted:

I have a portable AC unit. Costs about 300 quid normally, old-work sold it to me for a tenner when they were refurbishing. It's a lifesaver.

Oh, bargain! Yeah, we're looking at costs of portable vs installed. Portable needs the tube out a window, and to get emptied all the time. Actual wall units aren't that much more, but getting a bod to properly install seems to be more than the unit costs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Salisbury Snape posted:

I've just happened across a large collection of old coins, lots of 1800's silver coins and other stuff.
I don't even know where to start trying to sell these

My dad could probably give you an idea, he deals in antiques.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm really enjoying it being both blazing hot and a bit chilly at the same time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Iíve met many US goons and one UK one. Theyíve all been alright people. My boss in the US was a goon and she got me into SA in the first place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

captainclaw posted:

R1, R2, L1, R2, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, LEFT, DOWN, RIGHT, UP

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

kecske posted:

come to st thomas hospital in the next 3 hours if u want an rear end kicking

I used to work at GSTT, you might have already met a goon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

kecske posted:

i don't work here, babby is in allergy clinic being painted with various fruits, as is my understanding

Walk over to Four Corners on Lower Marsh for an amazing coffee, if you're stuck for something to do.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I made dinner.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Please post dogs.*

*and cats

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hebden Bridge is great, and I love it there.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I miss Ichibuns in London. They had proper Japanese toilets with the bidet built in and everything. I hope they reopen again.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I knew a woman who would change her sheets every day because she liked fresh sheets so much.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I found this in Tesco tonight, looking forward to trying it tomorrow, post jab no. 1. :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

blimey how much was that?

£3.50, which I felt was alright for a treat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Do an Onlyfans

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Iím at Portobello Road, itís really nice out.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I call eating 100 malteasers Thursday night.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

An hour into a 20 minute sweet and sour recipe. Ovens on dunno why

What recipe are you using? I like these guys, they run a real takeaway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl72YusTGsY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Got jab no. 1 yesterday, so taking it easy. With a nice big fry up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Awesome you got it! Taking it easy sounds good, any jab pain/sideeffects?

Woke up with a very mild headache, but that could be dehydration and that it was 25į in my room (curse you combination of east facing window and really good heat retaining new build house). Iíve drunk a lot of water now and taken a couple of paracetamol.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Camrath posted:

(other stuff also happened, but that’s a different story).

I would like to hear this story very much.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Camrath posted:

It was more Ďnormalí ghost poo poo- Iíd often hear footsteps in the landing when I went to the loo late at night. Bathroom door was made of that wavy looking glass so you could see shapes in the landing if the light was on. Often would have footsteps come up to the bathroom door while I was taking a poo poo or in the bath, but thereíd be nothing in the landing.

My then girlfriend when she later moved in with me would occasionally wake up to see an elderly looking woman at the foot of the bed for a few seconds, though I never saw her. And sometimes thereíd be a voice talking in the kitchen late at night- could never really make out words though.

Tbh it was the levitating pie tins I found the most interesting.

Fantastic stuff, thanks! I love reading about people's personal spooky goings-on. :iiam:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Why am I seeing French bulldogs everywhere? Did they become really popular during lockdown last year?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Are you going to Newbury. The train'll be nice: you'll be able to look at all the people around you and think: "you've got to go all the way to London and then get on the Tube, but I'll be getting off in just a couple of minutes :smug:"

Downside is you're in Newbury.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Winchester is bloody expensive.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Go to the cheaper nearby -Chester, Chichester.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Brighton? But itís basically commuter belt for London and just as expensive.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Pretty telling of you lot that most of these are songs by black artists. FOR SHAME.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I somehow completely missed hearing BEP's I Gotta Feeling the summer it came out and was apparently massive? I heard it the following year while wandering some random store and was all 'oh, what's this? sounds fun!'

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

Yeah you're right. Turns out I've only heard the remix before. I like the original because it's pretty chill but I can see why they went with the more upbeat remix for the single

Cornershop played the original on Top of the Pops, and you could see the kids all looking confused at this slow version of the song they knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I love marmite and Iím excited about these new ideas. Any recipes?