Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

kecske posted:

my old boss was called POREG

O Mealoid? (I only know one)

crispix posted:

why boipuss is not in dictionary pls

It’s ‘bussy’ as you well know.

learnincurve posted:

Duke status huuuur

:3::3::3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goddamn cicadas. They’re like ginormous houseflies.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

crispix posted:

no i live wiv me mam an she is doin ann summers 2nite i no a old bus sheltar tho :smirking smiley face: xx

oh I’ve talked to him too, eventually settled for the park nearby because it was night time

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I remember M&S doing Prosecco crisps one year, and they were actually fizzy.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

freelop posted:

Heating clicked on last night and I wore a hoodie to the shop.
Summer is over

I’m still just wearing a T-shirt, but I run hot all the time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CancerCakes posted:

Dear friends

It is my birthday

Yes I am Henry III, King of England, born 1207

It’s also my birthday! Happy birthday, birthday twin! :hfive:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It’s March 579th, 2020.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Camrath posted:

Right now I have 5kg of Apple Pie chilling in my fudge fridge; it’s like PSF but even better. Watch this space :D

Also thanks <3

Hello yes please. Also some of the PSF. I’ve finally been paid and I have money to burn :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wall hung toilets are the norm in Germany, and I got the fear every time I sat on one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s always a pleasure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

fridge corn posted:

You're supposed to put that last chunk of cheese directly into your mouth.

:hmmyes:

Chef perks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My mum used to do bookkeeping and payroll for about 200 companies, and most of her day was spent on the phone to HMRC waiting to talk to someone.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

As a gay man I will never have children and that's great

As a gay man with a boyfriend, we would both like kids.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

There's been some pretty interesting work in allowing men to incubate fetuses if you're a science nerd like me. Dr. Larry Arbogast and Dr. Alex Hesse have done some interesting studies worth a read

I’ve been vaguely following the ‘strip out the mother dna, insert father 2 dna’ possibility although not for a while now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

WhatsApp won't work

Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp are all down. It’s a big thing.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1445072650720591875

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Doo-dee-doo-dee-doo Inspector :sexarse:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

legooolas posted:

I broke a tooth on an Opal Fruit once.
(It was frozen as the pack was in my jacket pocket and I was snowboarding, I just chomped on it not expecting it to be frozen; it's not that my teeth are made of paper)

I wonder if I'm the only person ever to have cracked a tooth with what is supposed to be a soft chew sweet.

I lost a filling to a piece of Turkish delight one Christmas. Pulled it right out of my tooth :saddowns:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I remember this one when I was young for… reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C5hamvk7ZA

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Had some at work this week, it’s very nice for being so wet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gone down to my parents for the weekend. Chichester is covered in big, hard to remove antivax stickers. Clearly it’s one person who’s walked through town slapping them on everything, including shop windows. :chloe:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Woo, I just spent a lot of money on fudge! Two separate orders! :toot:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Almost certainly. Take care of yourself.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

More reason to keep masking up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

im eating chocolate for breakfast

I’m getting my fudge delivered to work, so that’ll be lunch one day this week.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

platzapS posted:

Went to Clermont Fish House. Clermont (population 39,000) is a little under an hour by car from Orlando, Florida

How are you taking an hour to get to Clermont?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Currie Motors! Nice people to do :sexarse: with!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Kingston was exceptionally good for dogs today. An extremely friendly Labrador wanted pets in Caffè Nero, and I happily obliged.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m flying to the US next week, and I’ve booked my covid test for Monday morning. So between then and now I’m on mini lockdown. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's kind of logistics, honestly. My parents have a house in Florida, and no-one's stepped foot in it now for over 18 months, so I'm going to turn the lights on, and make sure it's not been invaded by racoons or coyotes.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Burn it all down, nothing could be saved.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Why isn’t all the travel testing free?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

M&S are charging a fiver for this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The War Christmas tables are all out in Kingston, every 50 feet.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m sitting on a plane to the US waiting to take off. Very excited

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I got a coffee and a shot of baileys at the air Canada lounge earlier, by which I mean he made half a mug of americano, and then the other half was Baileys. It’s about the heaviest hand pour I’ve ever seen. Early morning drinking is perfectly fine when you’re flying.

I’m now in Chicago waiting for my next flight.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It was lightly snowing here in SW London earlier!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

New Zealand is going through a real renaissance right now it seems. A couple of my friends have moved there too, it’s pretty much covid-free, and it’s run by a government that’s arguably a lot more sensible than the rest of the world. Plus have you seen the landscape there?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Why are so many kids off school at the moment? It’s too late for half term and too early for Christmas hols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christ, woken up sweating because somehow it’s 26°C in my bedroom. My friend’s house where I’m living has underfloor heating and it seems to just randomly come on now, despite the nice Nest thermostats that swear it’s not on.