Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The Big Taff Man posted:

I love Tussauds

I have been to Tussauds in Sydney, Amsterdam, and New York.

I have a variety of pics with me with a celebrity. Some pics I have different versions of from different years with the same celeb.

Of course you have you uncultured overgrown baby in a chubby man suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

dunno, but you can get a chuckle brother for under twenty quid

I hold myself firmly responsible for killing Barry Chuckle because a couple of years ago I thought to myself 'I wonder if the chuckle brothers made it through 2016 unscathed' and checked and they were both alive and then I woke up the next day to news he'd snuffed it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The gay fisting factory is a high risk environment tbf

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Galewolf posted:

It's just so good :getin:

I've worked summers in kitchens in Turkish holiday resorts and how I knew I'd "made it" was when the chefs trusted me to bang out menemens for the guests because I made it better than them apparently (or the guy was lazy and wanted to get high and would rather I did the job)

I think the novelty of a british guy cooking Turkish food well was also a bit of a draw

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Cheese is one of the few subjects I have to be careful with around my students because the French ones particularly see British Cheese as a very funny two word joke, mainly because the only British cheeses generally available here are dogshit bright orange American style cheddars and also the French absolutely huff their own farts due to decades of the rest of the world fawning over their cuisine. I have been visibly irritated while having to defend our cheese producing credentials, which I would argue are at least as good if not better than anywhere else in the world.

There's many things wrong with the UK but the fact you can go into any medium sized supermarket and get a respectable selection of British and also European cheeses is a very good thing. Funny how we can be so racist yet also extremely receptive to adopting foreign tastes and flavours

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 30, 2020

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

I bought dishonored 2 today because it was cheap on the psn store. I imagine I'll feel like you after I play it a bit.

Ignore that guy, it owns, immersive sims own, always be methodically knocking out every NPC in the level and stuffing them in a cupboard/bin/stairway/theme-appropriate-human-sized-receptacle erry day

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

feedmegin posted:

I have been Brutally Commanded to make cheesy pasta with garlic bread tonight

Something about the way you wrote this makes me think the end result will end up resembling one of those ':xd: mmm tonights dinner wife me :xd: ;-*' posts on facebook

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I'm imagining a plate of unseasoned wet looking penne with a large amount of orange cheddar dumped on top with a whole slightly burned stick of garlic bread from the freezer next to it on a tray with a clear plastic disposable cup full of wine and a bottle of blossom hill visible in the background

I'm extremely sorry if I'm wrong and you're not a poo poo cook

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Kier wears a suit and is able to excoriate Boris during PMQs because he's a loving barrister and Boris is an overgrown spoiled toddler who equates quoting Tennyson with intelligence, buuut he's also showing himself up to be a bit of a centrist melt except without Blair's understanding of how to manipulate the media

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

wooger posted:

Lol, try going to Napoli, if you want to be impressed by Pizza. And want to pay 3 euros for one.

I went to Napoli, had someone try to pickpocket me twice within hours of arrival, the streets were full of literal poo poo because the mafia controlled binmen had been on strike for 3 months, the first pizza restaurant we walked into and sat down and the waiter came over and asked us "do you speak Russian" and when we said no he pointed us back out the door, then the next restaurant we found the pizza was disgusting soggy poo poo and when the waiter came to give us our change he held it out then pulled it away and said "no this is my tip because I answered a question for you" (I had asked him for directions to a museum or something)

gently caress that city and burn it to the ground imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The stereotypical tourist has logged on. I genuinely thought people like you were a myth.

Wtf are you talking about

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

am i missing something about Napoli. Why would someone expect you to speak russian there? are you sure you weren't in russia

isn't it naples?

Yeah I was just following that guy’s slightly pretentious usage of the Italian name for it to make a point that just being in the city that invented pizza doesn’t guarantee that all pizza there is gonna be amazing

And regarding the Russian thing I still have no idea what the gently caress

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

That doesn't sound like a healthier option if that's what was stopping you

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Tourists that go to places and get robbed and generally treated poorly by the locals. I thought those were a myth because I've never experienced it in any way...

Ah ok sorry for the hostility, I thought you were blaming me for my experience somehow

I mean I was a dumbass teenager on my gap year interrail trip which ended up being a tour of the Irish pubs of Europe, but we didn't have any problems anywhere else in Italy. This was pre-smartphones so we were just winging it most of the way but our instincts generally served us well in most places, except Naples was the one city where there was palpable hostility to our very existence as soon as we were out of the train station. The city wasn't having any of me and I'm having none of that place again.

I'm an older savvier traveller now so I suppose I might potentially give it another chance but I'd much rather go to Salerno or somewhere else down there if I want to visit Pompeii again

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

By the time the waiter took the 3 euros change or whatever that I'd have probably left anyway out of politeness even though the pizza was bad I was inwardly laughing at what a comprehensive shithole the place was and we ended up buying ingredients from a supermarket to make sandwiches and eating them in our hotel room for the remainder of our stay

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Did you drink that already or what

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Jose's a weird dude is why

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Why use the Americanism then, call it a cheese toastie

What you made would be called a 'tost' in Turkey too

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I once received a red text avatar on these forums for arguing with Americans about toasties vs. grilled cheeses so I have Strong Opinions, but you made a tasty food so that's the important thing

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

They're allowed to have a different word for some things and complaining about a letter being the difference between boil and broil would mean you have issues with a large amount of the English language

On the other hand, wait until you hear what Americans call mince

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Sausage.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

NGC773 posted:

The amount of videos I have seen with someone saying "proteins and veggies"...

In a related point, I've seen certain people referring to 'veggies' like it's a single item of food, like all vegetables are just a subset of 'weird green healthy things I think taste bad'. It obviously stems from growing up with a poo poo bland diet and only being exposed to prepackaged processed shite and it's by no means a purely American thing, although I have seen an alarming amount of posters here who seem to use the word in that way. In fairness it's usually to discuss their poo poo midwestern upbringing by parents for whom pepper is too spicy a seasoning, and their efforts to overcome this handicap.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Nandos and fish and chips are genuinely the two non-people things I miss the most about living in the UK

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

oh no computer posted:

if it was the stuff that was available when i was a lad, people rightfully hated it because it tasted like industrial chemicals/soap. i don't know anyone over the age of 15 who bothered with it

also still-lit chunks of it used to fall out of the spliff onto your clothes and burn holes in them

Last night I went out
Driving in my car
Sparked up a fat spliff of fuckin soap bar
A blim burn burned right down to my dick
And while I was distracted
I fuckin crashed in to a brick
Wall
The car was fuckin battered
The bonnet flipped up and the windscreen shattered
You're better off smoking the green instead
Because it don't blim burn and it's better for your head

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

i know nothing about drugs. i dont even know how you prepare weed or wtf the differences are. all the drugs ive had are free at parties.

My sister gave me poppers before I was a teen, my other sister gave me my first line of coke at 14, I had my first pill at 15 and I'd smoked weed regularly enough to develop anxiety issues by the age of 16, although I still grew it in our garden and sold it at parties :thumbsup: A+ dysfunctional adolescence would do again (except less weed)

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Whybird posted:

Good to know that there's no article so neutral that a conservative spokesperson can't fit a bit of racism in there somehow.

Discussing which demographics need to be targeted by health initiatives due to higher prevalence of an issue in that demographic isn't racist. Neither is it sexist for mentioning men.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Just cos the Tories maybe said something true doesn't mean they aren't racist and sexist though

No-one said they weren't.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Natalie Fartman posted:

:actually: the definitions of healthy weight and obesity are inherently racist as they were defined primarily around white men. The reasons for ethnic minority communities being badly affected by coronavirus and also lifestyle diseases goes way way beyond weight alone and into a ton of socio-economic stuff.

OK sure but the inherent racial/gender bias of BMI doesn't explain why BME communities are disproportionately affected by Covid. Of course the reasons why they are disproportionately affected have everything to do with years of austerity and systemic racism keeping them at the bottom. I was just refuting the idea that it's racist to target specific communities for healthcare initiatives based on risk and prevalence.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Sweetcorn and mushroom was my go to pizza order as a young stoner

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Seeing what Swedes consider acceptable food leads me to think that Midsommar is a perfectly plausible and accurate insight into Swedish culture and folk history

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

And I will never get the near universal scorn British food attracts when the rest of Europe, barring a few obvious mostly Mediterranean exceptions, exists

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Last year I drank a fuckin wasp and it was terrible

Took a sip from my margarita in a restaurant and it tasted sharp and pointy, which is not something you expect

Immediately went 'flblurgh' and spat out the contents of my mouth which confused my friends until they saw the wasp

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I made smash burgers tonight in my cast iron pan, they also owned

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Fish and chips are poo poo in london

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

it was trying to make it sound like a bad thing because there won't be enough young people to look after all the old people lmao

What's contentious about this, it's aging demographics 101

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

tinder in china must be a blast

Surely whatever grindr equivalent

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

crispix posted:

I used to think I'd like to live in a canal boat but you'd probably just be a target for bored kids to annoy and harass

Like that bloke off Rosie and Jim in real life, they'd have been yelling pedo at him and making GBS threads down his chimney and all sorts :(

This sounds like serious projection

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

The bit about anal combined with the bit about cum dripping shows it was written with one hand, no-one in genuine need of advice writes like that

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Exactly, it worked out badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I mean aside from the fact the point of cock rings is to maintain an erection which you would assume is to the benefit of the woman already (no-one wants to be the recipient of a thumbed in softy), some exist with a mini vibrator on the top of the ring to stimulate the clit during maximum penetration so like if the woman is grinding on top or w/e.