Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Women like you are the reason this chickens late in the first place.
Well the entire lockdown thing was now pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Anybody leaving a Fiat 500 on the street tonight is not going to work in it tomorrow.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Yeah so positive covid test in nursery means gotta babysit all day for next ten days and do my work in evenings and weekends. Where's the goddam postman with my fudge. Imagine the quality of software I'm gonna write starting at 7pm every day with a bar of fudge and a pot of coffee.

poo poo I need to order another five bars.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Ground breaking news! Vanilla Party Cake from Asda can be eaten straight from the freezer (we had too many cakes from a 40th). Madeira sponge with butter cream and plum raspberry jam and icing.

These are the icing boosters to my fudge rocket.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I was a kid on the Really Wild Show when Michaela Strachan was at her hottest and got to sit in the row behind her. RIP Terry Nutkins.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Went to Co-op for essentials (Milk for toddler, pizza and magnums for adults). Wasn't sure if I was gonna look a knob wearing a mask but a girl at least ten years younger than me wearing just swimwear masked up infront of me giving me the confidence boost I needed.

Everyone under the age of 45 or in physically decent shape was masked up. I got sneered at by some pensioner rummaging for discount blueberries.

Today is weird.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Anyone who wants to fight me about my blueberry stance is welcome to come round and have a go. (Bring portable Aircon plz. I have inflatable Dino paddling pool already set up, we can make peace over Lidl Chardonnay)

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I have like a day and a halfs worth of work to catch up this weekend thanks to covid nursery drama. I'm home alone with my two year old today and the main RCD to the house just decided to head shot itself. RIP electricity.

Options:
1) Start drinking.
2) Wait for freezer to defrost. Eat defrosted chocolate cake inside. Start drinking.
3) Make cold cup of regret coffee.

Decisions decisions.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Drove to Loughborough, had my 2nd jab.

Now I'm eating a fuckoff kebab.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Once again middle class disaster as I use the aeropress this morning without putting a filter in first.

Keeps pouring kettle waiting for water to reach the top of plastic... Mug starts overflowing...

Why must I fill the cutlery drawer with boiling water and ground coffee every six months.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Whenever I'm round someones house with an Aeropress I always use the invert technique coupled with a 'dont you know this is what the pros do' :magemage:

The payoff sometimes takes weeks but that flooded kitchen counter picture message is always worth it.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

pretty sure this is the first time anyone has ever laughed at michael mcintyre

My job has something slightly to do with Yas Island in Abu Dhabi and a constant source of amusement for the past couple of months is the only thing on the upcoming events page is an Evening with Michael McIntyre. https://www.yasisland.ae/en/events. Sadly with Covid lifting they now have a whole six events before Christmas so no longer is it a page with a stock photo of him from ten years ago.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

My fuse box in my house just caught fire and exploded. Everything now smells of burning and I've pulled the main breaker. RIP electricity. RIP.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

Cool! Any idea when it was last checked? If your renting you can probably get some rent back till its fixed

It's my house. It's a brand new consumer unit fitted about two weeks ago and we are extending so electrician was gonna come round next week to wire in all the spot lights, sockets and appliances on the ground floor....

I sent him a pic and he is coming over right now :science:

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

Sending you a pack of AAA batteries

Godspeed

Can I have some AA's please? Then I can run the Neo Geo Pocket.

gently caress did I save on FF7 or did I put the PS4 in rest mode. Fuuuuuu

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I now have a working oven for the first time in a month and all I can come up with for dinner is 'boost calzone'.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

There is a Waitrose in Leicester that is now an Aldi/Lidl and I find that heartwarming.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I've just ran 8 miles to avoid toddler bedtime. My wife has ordered us kebabs which means she's knackered and will crash out early leaving me to play Cyberpunk. Yeahhh (have to finish some work first boo)

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I file tattoos in the same category as personal numberplates

There should be some sort of law that if your car falls in value to less than 10x you spent on your numberplate, it gets instantly crushed.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

If I come home and Nigella is waiting in my bed and she turns out to have a tramp stamp of a personalized numberplate, I will have to phone 118 118 for advice.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

My wife is claiming illness so I will have to take my two year old to another two year olds two trips round the sun party solo and there is probably beer I cannot drink because of driving and responsibilities :(

I also instigated the table beer at toddler parties. I have regret.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

freelop posted:

Butchers tend to have really good eggs.
Once got half a dozen and every one was a double yolker

Yep. Duck eggs too. Duck, the premium Chicken.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

bought a toastie maker. taking suggestions that aren't cheese and beans. already got my eye on some leftover bolognese sauce and jalapeno tabasco

99p maccies cheeseburger in each side. Reheat and flatten. Place in one half of a coop magheritta pizza. Fold into Calzone. Pair with Golden Goose lager.

Butter the outside of the cheeseburgers obviously

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

My father in law has given me a brace of Pheasants in a slight power dick move so tonight I get to spend the evening in the garage plucking them.

I think one of his spies must have seen me buy a McPlant. The video I watched last night stressed how important it was to hold the Pheasant close to your body while plucking to prevent the skin tearing.

I just wanted to drink beer and finish FF7 lazing on the sofa tonight :(

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I'm pretty sure my brother in law will bail on his set and just do the breasts, which means if I pluck the whole thing I'm in line to inherit all the car tools (they are probably loving metric).

Maybe the power move is to kill something larger and then give it back to him. I'll get him a brace of turkeys in the new year to say thank you.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Fudge has arrived! Time to make a list of important things I'm gonna do today, eat a ton of sugar, fall asleep on sofa with the dog.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Ate left over way too sweet melt in middle cake for breakfast, booster this afternoon and now sat on toilet with burning shits. Christmas looking good.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Goddamit I have a week off specifically to unfuck my house and do DIY. Can someone else please start using power tools nearby so we can all agree it's what Liz would have wanted.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Bosch sounds very royal. DeWalt is definitely a count or something. General Ryobi did some sterling work during WW1 in the trenches if I remember correctly. If I drink Yorkshire Tea at the same time I'm sure it counts. Nothing says England like Yorkshire, and nothing says Yorkshire like blended import tea from the colonies.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Trip Report: Morrisons

Daughter wee'd her pants in the cafeteria when we had no change of clothes. Bought some pants and leggings but then she one upped us by pooing on the chair before we could get her in them.

Only went there to get passport photos because turns out i need a new one for an emergency works trip at end of the month, now have to drive to Peterborough next week for a fast track turnaround and the fast track service only accepts paper forms from the post office and printed photos.

£9 for photos still hurts more than the poo chair.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I like big bum towels and I cannot lie.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I have to go to an awkward works party starting lunchtime Friday. If you don't attend you have to take half a days holiday (no bunking off the bunking off) and they sent out an email reminding everyone to use up their holiday about two weeks before they realized they had a 2% sign-up rate and instigated the half a day rule. Remote workers who don't want a 6h round trip drive must also take half a day.

Tis the season to be passive aggressive

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

I just took tomoz off as holiday to tidy the house for impending relatives and now my body has taken this as the cue to be ill and I'm in a cubicle deciding if it's vomit time or not.

I'm also doing some enormous shits.

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Down it down it down it. Just chase it with random spirits so we cant draw definite conclusions. If you want to spend tomoz hiding in a toilet on your phone I say go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Muffin
Apr 25, 2007

Happy Crimbo Goons & Goonettes. Yesterday I did zero caffeine all day and got over the hump and today I have had four cups. I am now in possession of a marble run so zero regrets.