Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The old uk megathread got gassed and I didn't even notice for over a day. I'm no better at looking after the threads I start than I was at keeping my tamagotchis alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

goatface posted:

I went to Swindon once. I hope to never have to go there again.

When I've got nothing better to do at work (ie most of the time) I sometimes go on Google Streetview and cruise around a random city, pretending that I'm driving. I did that with Swindon once and it made me sad.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

ive got all next week off work which is pretty sweet

but my contract runs out on friday and no one has even mentioned renewing it so ill probably be unemployed by the weekend lmao

They've probably just forgotten. My 3 month contract's lasted a year so far.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
If you're not taking your own sandwiches wrapped in clingfilm, you're clearly not a Proper British person.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Quote-Unquote posted:

I'm earning more than I ever have in my life and nobody ever gives me any work to do here. It's really boring.

Yeah, same. At this rate, in a couple of years I'll be spending my working week laying on the sofa and posting on SA while some enormous multinational pays me £100k or something. (I hope)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Pedricko posted:

Sweden is too warm today.

Post pics of sunbathing blonde swedish chicks pls

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Bored of work so am going to some beer festival in Shoreditch tomorrow that someone had a spare ticket for. No idea what it is so will play things by ear.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

freelop posted:

5 hours on the m6 :toot:
Why do people go on the toll road and then drive at 60?

I always assumed that I was the only person who ever used that toll road. £5 or whatever for a drive on your own private motorway: great bargain!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Been away from this thread for a while. I see we've evolved to pizzachat.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Not had a drink for 4 weeks 'cos I'm trying to lose weight. Am craving beer, wine and whiskey, possibly all mixed up together in a big bucket. Once I knock this on the head, reckon I'll gain it all back over a single weekend.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

freelop posted:

Having all your friends online is like having all your friendswith you in your pocket at all times thanks to smart phones :D

but can they buy you a drink at the pub

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
actually, there's probably an app for that now

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

freelop posted:

Dr Who in 15 minutes

I haven't used my TV as a TV in so long that something has gone corrupt in the set top box and it is saying my card isn't valid
Just installed Iplayer on the PS3 instead.

Death to conventional TV

lol if you still watch tv in 2015

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
MY tv programs are piped directly into my brain through a wireless dongle implanted behind my ear. loving cyberpunk future is NOW.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Fluo posted:

wtf is Gunnerkrigg Court

Not knowing what Gunnerkrigg Court is in 2015.

It's a webcomic about teenage girls having cute adventures in a magical school/ forest. I think it was ripped off from Harry Potter.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Friday afternoon at my workplace and a surreptitious survey of my colleagues reveals that they're all browsing the internet & not even pretending to do anything productive.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Including me, obviously.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Got drunk for the 1st time in 5 weeks on Friday & had a pig of a hangover today. Gonna watch the rugby now & get drunk again.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I have a headache. It's not a hangover and it's not caffeine and it's not nicotine and it's not dehydration so I must actually be sick. I can't remember the last time my body was ill all by itself and don't know how to feel about this.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Guys, Lowtax is going to start enforcing rules in GBS again. Does this mean we'll have to turn this into a UK daily outrage thread where we all make hugely long careposts about stupid bullshit on Twitter instead of saying hello to each other :ohdear:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

oooh maybe we're gonna get GBS-classic back

eagerly awaiting 200 page slapfights about minor local news stories

Israel - Palestine threads :suicide:

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
When you go to a real ale pub, the strongest beer and the best beer are the same thing, right?

*drinks a glass of 14% Auld Head Splitter*
*Feels nauseous*

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
The more you know.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
My lovely old car's broken down and now I need to decide whether it's worth the arse ache of getting it fixed or whether I should just get another one. I hate making decisions.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

goatface posted:

Smash it up with a big hammer and sell the scrap to some chavs.

I smashed and hacked my old sofa bed to pieces and took the bits to the dump, because I didn't want to pay someone to get rid of it, so this is an option.

youtube commenter posted:

if you don't live >10 miles from anywhere you need to be sell your car and buy a bike

I cycle to work and only used the loving car to drive to the supermarket once a week, so am actively considering just learning to live without it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

corn in the fridge posted:

I never realised doom man holds his gun in his left hand

he has to he's controlling the mouse with his right hand

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Some mates texted me for a drink but they were in a Revolution bar :(

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
now drinking real ale by myself but feeling satisfyingly superior.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Vitamins posted:

what kind of fish?

this is important

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bozza posted:

Need to upgrade my PC so I can play Fallout 4. This requires about £400 which I do have but I'm really stingy so don't want to spend it.

Also I've not built a computer since the early 2000s and I don't wanna gently caress it up.

I've got 2 days off work booked for when it comes out. they'd better not postpone the release.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
In Bristol. It is raining, a lot. Have hidden from it in a pub only to find the pub has run out of beer. My day so far has been problematic.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
It was the Slug & Lettuce so probably my own fault. Have now found a better pub called Small Bar Big Beer and the sun has come out, so things are looking up.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

I am forty minutes early for a late train

*browse the magazines in WH Smith*
*pace up the platform and back down again*
*check your watch and refuse to believe that time could be passing so slowly*

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jose posted:

will the papers love kate the way they did diana when the paparazzi kill her too

Given Kate is the Royal's biggest asset, she's been displayed in public remarkably few times recently.

I rather suspect she's suffering from depression. I mean, if I had people like the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and Prince Andrew as in-laws, I imagine I'd be pretty depressed, too.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

goatface posted:

I'm trying to decide how to tell a small charity that they're very lovely, and I fully support their goals, but I don't think I really want to work for them any more.

Just tell them the truth: that you can make twice the money working for a proper company and you're not a charity, so to speak.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Aston posted:

Fallout 4's coming out on Tuesday

i know its the one thing keeping me from killīng myself right now

so lol if it turns out to be poo poo

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

XMNN posted:

i caved and bought fallout

how broken is it

It repeatedly froze and crashed until I switched the video settings to lowest quality, Dogmeat has a tendency to stroll straight off the edge of rooftops (admittedly seeming to take little damage from 20 metre falls) and once I innocently sighted down a shotgun, only to be hurled thousands of feet into the air, crashing back down to my death 10 seconds later.

all in all, good game, played for 8 hours so far.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Building settlements in Fallout 4 is fun when they're on completely flat land.

(They're NEVER on completely flat land.)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
what on earth is going on in Paris. Not cool, guys, not cool.

XMNN posted:

fallout 4 is triggering my extreme ocd hoarding behaviours and i am yet to make it out of the first town

I'm spending huge amounts of time and energy scrounging sufficient wood and steel to encircle every settlement I'm responsible for with completely impassable barriers (except for a single, heavily guarded entrance). This is because I know npc's are utter retards and have to be swaddled in bubble wrap to prevent them dying idiotic deaths, like a toddler drowning in a puddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

they've silenced taff, installed fraction and phoon as sockpuppets

Poor fraction and phoon, replaced as Synths by the Institute. Who knows which goon could be next :tinfoil: