Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

fab ruh zay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

rip dog and / or series 1 discovery

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

mrpwase posted:

The last time you mentioned Alnwick I made a note to look into going there, now every time I get home from work my smart speaker tells me to go to Alnwick and I can't work out how to stop it.

you need to go to Alnwick

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Camrath posted:

Bit of good news I wanted to share with you all.

Finally had my kitchen inspected by environmental health after nearly 8 months of living here and 6 of trading.

5-star food hygiene rating obtained once again (had to stop using my old 5* rating when I left London)

Ngl, feeling slightly smug- last time I had a cleaner to help me prepare; did it all myself this time round.

Nice work, get yourself one of those "scores on the doors" stickers for goon tours before you murder them and turn them into goon fudge

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

DDR is an olympic sport now

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Rooney is several months younger than me and looks like he could be my dad lol

Happy birthday Bobby!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

"groverhaus speedrun wr no drywall"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Drove through what I'm pretty sure was the end of the world between Wetherby and Sheffield

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Aeropress is basically the best way to make a cup of coffee without spending stupid money. I love mine

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Keir Starmer sent this seagull to prison for 6 months

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

thoroughly marinated

congrats on the new house steakandchips

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Dogatron and friends out for a relaxing drive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGHAjoVUQjQ

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

literally the only reason I know about mac tonight is from old helldump threads because there was a goon with the ol crescent skull

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm off work this week because Mrs Boat is recovering from an op (all fine) and I was going to get loads done in the house today but miniboat woke up and was immediately sick this morning so I guess I'm watching Moana and Frozen on repeat with him

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Solefald posted:

TBF Moana is very good.

Hope Mrs Boat has a swift recovery and Mini Boat is being a good boy ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Thanks! It's just as well that Moana is excellent because I've had to watch it about twenty times in the last month

Tbh I'm mostly kicking myself for not doing another load of washing / cleaning the bathroom / doing the weekly shop yesterday and instead playing Half Life because I assumed I could do it today instead

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

fridge corn posted:

I've been told by my new boss (who was my old workshop controller) to put my name in for the workshop controller position that's recently opened up

jose please rename fridge corn the phat controller if he gets the job

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

Also here is a kingfisher I drew and watercoloured from my own photo

I am not arty but it's relaxes my big fat brain. Plz be nice

This is a good bird, thank you for sharing

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i'm still quite surprised that the aeropress is good. i thought it would be like the coldbrew craze, which is not

coldbrew is nice as long as it's actually brewed cold and not just coffee that's gone cold with ice in

the aeropress feels like it's the result of some engineering challenge or something, it's just really smartly designed in almost every respect. inverted pour crew

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

NotJustANumber99 posted:

off down dick street later this week

at the end of the dick is lovers walk if you're ready for commitment

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Dogatron posted:

I will try to do better.

I replaced a broken pull cord light switch today. It involved electricity and ladders, two things which terrify me. Quite proud that my house has not burnt down and I've saved some money.

Switches aren't too bad but replacing the light fitting in our bathroom was a bit terrifying given there were twice as many wires as I was expecting to find in there

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Dogatron posted:

I also found a surprising amount of wires in the switch. I'm guessing they all went to the extractor fan. I just took a photo and put the wires in the same place and it all worked.

this has been my approach for changing out sockets, light fittings, sinks etc and it's always worked, I'm sure at some point the entire house will explode under the combined weight of all my poo poo diy though

Jose posted:

the light in my bathroom was tripping or something so i paid a guy to fix it because of the danger involved and apparently it had bits inside the fitting that were live that shouldn't have been there and aren't actually legal lol

this exact thing happened to me last month and I just opened up the fitting and wiggled the wires around and tightened everything up and it's fine (until it inevitably isn't, see above)

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

CancerCakes posted:

Counterintuitively, the posh services are CHEAPER, because they have often have a Waitrose. That means instead of buying a can and a sandwich for 5 quid, you can buy a 2.5 litre bottle, a loaf of bread, cheese and ham and butter for 5 quid - Waitrose is an expensive supermarket but a cheap services.
/

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

bread in a hedgerow is quite low on the "ecological catastrophe" scale

it might lead a weasel into bad dietary habits but that's about it

Chris Packham weeping over a weasel with diabetes

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Feeling weirdly proud that I managed to complete the Guardian prize crossword before I'd finished my first coffee this morning

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

CancerCakes posted:

I'm normally useless in the morning but I feel pretty chipper today, told the wife as much and she just growled.

Turns out it was my turn to feed the baby during the night but I didn't wake up so she did it and I am in the doghouse until I take up a chocolate croissant and a tea in about 30 mins.

Been there, rolling over and saying "wow the little one slept through last night"

He had not slept through

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Wet Overcast Welsh Summer

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Updating the enemies list of people the autopilot will "forget" to stop for

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

what kind

we got one of those instant pot style pressure cooker / air crisper / yoghurt maker things last year, it was expensive but absolutely worth it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

https://twitter.com/TESLAcharts/status/1411628772302938115?s=19

Here's a fun one from China. Car fucks up a very simple turn and you hear the "bing bong" of autopilot disengaging as it leaves the road

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Full Self-Driving

NotJustANumber99 posted:

do not make the vehicle autonomous

:thunk:

if idiots who believed musk's hype were only putting themselves at risk I wouldn't mind so much, but they tend to kill innocent bystanders too

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the sex ghost posted:

Imagining Richard Hillman driving his family into the canal but he's driving a Tesla

they'd have sailed away
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/744551674082136066?s=19

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

At some point between me driving mini boat to nursery and driving back from nursery there was a head on smash between two cars at a junction around the corner, did not see if one of them was a tesla

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

learnincurve posted:

Tiny rice maker owns bones, loads on Amazon warehouse for £22 as people open it up and go “that’s not for six!” (Spoiler: it does 4 normal 2 cups portions, 3 cups would make it boil over) difference between it and the £150 ones seems to be size and you got to clean the lid.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B083V96Q9G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

if you're going to pay £150 then you might as well get one of the instant pot style multi cookers and make everything in it

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

we've moved on from boxes to toilets for crapping

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Dell_Zincht posted:

I've just read that whole thread, wow.

In my early to mid twenties I was part of the Cybergoth scene up in the North East of England, it was very selective, there were a lot of judgmental people who looked down on you if you weren't "Cyber" enough. Just listening to the music wasn't enough, you had to have an undercut and wear falls with goggles etc. or you weren't taken seriously.

I started off by blowing my student loan on shiny crap from Cyberdog but soon developed my own identity and was known as "The guy with the UV bodypaint" as that's what I started to wear to places like The Wendyhouse in Leeds and Slimelight in London. I went through a prolonged period of promiscuity with both women and men.

I wore eyeliner, mascara and UV nail polish to these events and yeah, I felt like a totally different person when I did it. Coupled with the large amounts of ecstasy I was doing back then I fell in *hard*. It's difficult to escape something like that when you're surrounded by people living it 24/7 while you have a job and are desperately trying to balance the two.

I have no idea how I managed to go to work so many times either coming down or still on a high. Either my managers were just totally oblivious to it or they didn't care as long as the job got done.

I too, felt that I had to escape the community as it was doing me more harm than good. I'm now happily married with three children and a career, I look back on my early twenties and ruefully smile at the carefree lifestyle, but I wouldn't change being a parent for the world.

Wow, that was a bit heavy for the UK Chat thread!

what years? you might have known Mrs Boat lol

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

ah she was going to slimelight 98-01ish

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

Sat in the garden in the 3 minutes of good weather due today, old woman in hers opposite telling her friend she's going to get some cameras for her front garden because she keeps finding pitta breads in her bush every Sunday

lmao

she should tell her hubby to finish his Saturday night kebab before he goes down on her

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ratjaculation posted:

Got a thermal imagery thing to play with

It's fun

staring out of the window at people, whispering "anytime"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

fridge corn posted:

What happened

Jose revealed that he likes his sex partners to be older than him and was instantly demodded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

NotJustANumber99 posted:

maybe there is a solution to this (citation needed) slightly perhaps maybe disappointing self driving car business

the bit in the Raid 2 that they did in one shot by having a cameraman disguised as a car seat was really cool