Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Galewolf posted:

The new lockdown measures for Manchester/North sound confusing as hell. You can't have people at your place but it's okay to meet randos outside?

Stay safe, Northern thread ghosts

or in the pub, where lots of people from different groups congregate indoors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Galewolf posted:

During one of the sessions I ran, everyone including my tie-in NPC talked about politics of Forgotten Realms post-Time of Troubles and it was one of the most awesome and cringeworthy nerd experiences I've ever had at the same time.

I'm poo poo at online games but probably DM once COVID is over (god knows when at this point)

Speaking of, kendo is opening back on the 1st of Sept with full transparent face masks which sounds painful. I'm dying to go back but I think that's a pass from me until next year. Argos going to deliver the dumbbell and bench set next week so I hope I can continue the changes and those don't become steel monuments of another failed fitness goal.

Dropping in to say that I got a set of resistance cables and I'm actually really impressed with them. Yesterday I had DOMS for the first time since the gyms closed, it was pretty great. They're dead cheap too, and you can hook up multiple cables to the handles to increase the resistance.

Just fyi for goons trying to maintain fitness in these trying times

Edit- Fitfort is the brand, cost about thirty quid

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Pistol_Pete posted:

UK cats are considered free agents, who may choose to live under a particular roof but this indicates no liability on the part of the home owners.

I went to the gym for the 1st time since March today. It was all very sensibly set up, with limits on the numbers who could enter, sanitizer everywhere and staff keeping an eye on things. I thought I'd been sensible and cautious myself, but I'm aching in all kinds of areas now. A set of dumb bells at home is no substitute for a properly-equipped gym.

The virus is airborne though dude, doesn't matter if they obsessively clean the equipment if you're in the path of a cloud of roni bro breath. And that stuff spreads around everywhere, specially when people are exerting themselves without masks on.

I'm missing the gym like hell but you're a braver man than me

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Dogatron posted:

Yeah, no antibodies.

I worked with a few people who had Covid and tested positive.

This was in March. We shared a small coffee room and kitchen.

We turned our theatres into ITUs, we intubated covid patients while wearing full PPE. Donned and Doffed.

We looked after ventilated covid patients.

A few more staff tested positive, a few patients died. But not a scary amount.

We were not stacking up bodies.

We all lived in my department.

I think I'm quite right in saying this was not the healthcare disaster it was meant to be.

In addition to what Fartman said, if you have a mild or asymptomatic case antibodies are unlikely to be produced in the first place. It's looking more and more like the cellular rather than humeral immune system is dominant in milder cases and is responsible for longer term immunity. The most likely scenario is that you were very lucky.

Unlike 60,000 dead people and countless others who continue to deal with long term effects of the virus. Including friends and family of mine.

Enjoy the pub.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Doctor Who is a family show

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

The Capaldi years got pretty dark and existential and even though it didn't always land it none of it was exactly cbbc material

E if Doctor Who is for kids so is Star Trek imo (and Star Trek may well be for kids)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

I really enjoyed 2012

In fact it was probably the last properly good year I've had

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what are you going to do?

set the bats on em

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

I'm hungover too

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Natalie Fartman posted:

I had a lady be extremely upset at me because I asked her if she could wear a mask. Something along the lines of 'I GET ASKED THAT EVERY TIME I COME IN HERE RAR RAR' which, yes. Just say you're loving exempt and get on with it instead of wasting energy being offended that we want to protect ourselves and our customers.

Incidentally the person she was with with made a very off colour joke about wafting Coronavirus in my direction and I seethed a lot under the surface at that poo poo.

British people really are dogshit

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Salisbury Snape posted:

We drank our way through 2/3rds of a 1.75L bottle of whiteley Neill raspberry gin last night.
Wife was sick, I think I might still be drunk.
Send help

best drink that last third, or you're going to feel pretty rough in a couple of hours

Ratjaculation posted:

In 2020 I landed a dream job back in NZ, completed and submitted my migrant visa application, moved there and lived happily ever after away from Brexit island watched the world turn to poo poo, the job offer evaporate and then sat on my arse for 4 months Whilst both my sanity and savings drained

hang in there ratty

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

chat poo poo get banged

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Natalie Fartman posted:

Hello let me tell you about the commune I literally grew up in

Was it bad? It'd be a shame if it was bad. Me and my friends' fantasy is to buy land and gently caress everything else off

strictly nonreligious, mind, we had enough of that poo poo growing up

Ratjaculation posted:

were you diddled?

poo poo, ratty

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Natalie Fartman posted:

The Cotswolds, my friend.

It's 60 acres of land in a small village. It's also loving beautiful, a bunch of converted barns that have been well maintained. The community actually started off in Slough, the building they were in is now a hotel.

I realise I didn't really give any juicy tidbits. People have come and gone in my life that have been damaged by that place. My own siblings have some really bad memories. Mostly my oldest sister, who's trans. Among other things, she said the leader would often randomly barge into her (then his) room and make her come out and interact with the community. Privacy really was a rare thing then. My other sister has been chronically ill since she was 13 and she's said she had been asked by senior members what sin she did to cause her illness. Really hosed up. Most people there had good intentions and really lived their faith, but people are still people and they gently caress up.

The place has changed so much, the couple who founded it have left completely and it's now run by a group of elders, one of which is my dad. Some people go out to work and give their wages to the community, others live nearby and contribute in other ways. They run a retreat house for individuals and groups looking for a prayer retreat and it's such a peaceful, beautiful place to be. It's weird to talk about tbh, because I'm very much not Christian anymore and I don't feel the most welcome there for a bunch of reasons.

Righto, this all kind of confirms my intuitions about communes and that, then. I.e.

1) no religion
2) probably not the best place to raise kids

I feel I can still go ahead with it otherwise

Ratjaculation posted:

Don't worry, when the climate famine wipes us down to a few survivors all of civilisation will be like that

yeah this is what we wanna get a headstart on

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

That sounds like my life now, so idgaf

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Natalie Fartman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9IoJS9vhUs

Tuna is feeling pretty good since having her polyp removed on Tuesday

Cat eyes are weird

This video is tripping me out a bit, and I'm not even on drugs

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Jose posted:

I love Sunday drinking but it's always a bad idea

Extremely same

Used to stay up til 5 drinking then have to get up for work at 7

Just wanted to put off Monday for as long as possible

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

hi im my girlfriend and upon hearing how difficult the arrangements are that I'm demanding I've instead arrived even earlier just to extra gently caress things up and ensure we argue for the entire time.

Hi my girlfriend and upon hearing how difficult the arrangements are that I'm demanding I've instead arrived even earlier just to extra gently caress things up and ensure we argue for the entire time

I'm Dad

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Crying and I can't compute why

honestly it's ok to cry, for whatever

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

To weep is to make less the depth of grief

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Some poo poo ain't it ratty

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Cyril Sneeer posted:

kill them.

Seriously I fantises killing people probably to much.

Just kill them.

Bit worrying

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Cyril Sneeer posted:

The person I most Fantasize about killing is my brother-in-law.

he has made my life more unhappy just by existing, but I cannot 'delete' him from my life without upsetting my sister/neice/nephew.

I will have a 9mm semi-automatic weapon. I wikll break into his house as he sleeps. I imagine sneaking up to his bedroom. He will wake as I open the door, a moment of recognition before I shoot him through both kneecaps. I don't just want him to die, I want him to suffer as he dies.

drat son.

Can I recommend smoking some weed and chilling out?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

This is starting to feel like a puckins situation

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

kecske posted:

simply go find your super shotgun where it's floating in the hallway and walk through it to pick it up, wait for your front door to slide open sideways and then blast away all your nearby neighbours while a midi guitar riff plays on a loop

Lmao

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Natalie Fartman posted:

do you think 2039 will be as thrilling as this thread

Unironically society - and therefore the internet - won't exist in 2039

Edit so what ratty said

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

gently caress the tv licence and gently caress the bbc

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Red Oktober posted:

loving hell, 'freedom breakfast'.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Don't go to wetherspoons, don't give that oval office a ha'penny of your money

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Best and most consistent part of BSG, in hindsight, was the soundtrack. Which was S tier throughout

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol Sitting here wondering how to rewind time yet again.

what's up

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Not now bernard!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Lady Demelza posted:

This kind of stereotyping really winds me up now in a way that it didn't when I was a teen. I knew it was nonsense, and didn't really understand the levels of harm that it could cause. The upper classes get congratulated on their alcohol dependency as having excellent taste in wine, the midde classes get to feel smug that their prescription drug dependency is morally superior, and the poorest people who can't afford the veneer of respectability get funding cut from any programme designed to help them because they're somehow not people.

Jose posted:

All of this misses that taking drugs and being hosed up owns

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

How

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Sunswipe posted:

Rolf's Cartoon Club.

oh no

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Sunswipe posted:

gently caress me, the comments on that article are just appalling.

what did you expect?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Me Cago En Toda La Puta Inglaterra

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

ukmt is the best politics thread outside of cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Brush your teeth.

Ratjaculation posted:

re: fudge. I have a few questions

1) will the fudge man kill me, and bury me under the patio next to bozza, phoon, faction and that guy that made sausages

2) is the fudge tasty enough to make the death worth it

bozza lives!!!

but he has ascended and is now in discord form