Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

You left me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fraction posted:

The gently caress is 'like a Jessie'?

I'm in Warrington! Traffic sucks and it's pissing down. Feels like home.

'girl' I think.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pedricko posted:

Staying at a Swedish military base, how do I best cause trouble?

Acquire a Russian miniature submarine; indulge in hijinks.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Slash posted:

WTF is a growler? I only know one definition of that in English, and you certainly wouldn't want to fill it with beer.

To me (and granted I picked this usage up in the US) it's a large bottle with a stopper held on by a metal spring/clip thing. Sort of thing Belgian beer sometimes comes in.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JFairfax posted:

I drink stupid amounts of coffee from the machine at work that is huge and grinds beans for you there and then. Definitely too much coffee and it's definitely effecting my sleep pattern negatively.

when I can be bothered on the weekend I'll make a nice coffee at home on the stove top job to go with the fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice I like to make myslef

You are me. Though the fancy work machine makes really crap coffee

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nigel Farage posted:

Why do you talk like a black immigrant?

You're British, act like one of us or get out.

I'm 1/8th Irish does that make me black?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Nigel Farage posted:

YES 1 drop rule.

Irish are the niggas of Europe.

I suppose this means I should start listening to grimecore and join a 'massive', c/d?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vitamins posted:

ingerlund ingerlund football football ingerlund

~Three lions on a shirt~

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

A lot of people moved to Green for the anti-austerity platform, so this kind of is sticking to your ethics???

Hello hi I am one of these people. I'm a Green party member right now not because I care about the environment or whatever the gently caress but because I'd quite like to see the railways renationalised, renting unfucked, lots of affordable houses built, and rich people taxed til they squeal. New Labour isn't that, Corbynabour might be, so yeah, I'd switch.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Brinner posted:

I haven't been back to the homeland in 10 years and will be back around crimbo should I expect anti immigration cyborgs and a severe lack of chip shops or is it all the same?

There are a lot more Greggs, also Sainsburies and Tesco have metastasised and have little shops literally everywhere now.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goatface posted:

Tell her that the housing market is in a massively overinflated bubble so this is no time to buy, and with the stock markets tumbling it's only a matter of time before the economy collapses and we all end up scavenging for food while avoiding the plutocrats who are hunting us for sport, so you might as well enjoy yourself now.

Then kill her dad.

You should buy a PS4 so you can play Fallout 4 because by the time comes out it will be essential training material for the world we will be living in.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

Is this going to be like the British version of the F-35 or whatever that we spend a tonne of money on designing the most elaborate, high tech vehicle ever but it doesn't actually perform the basic actions of a train like 'moving forwards' and 'not falling off the rails for no reason', like the F-35 can't fly straight or land without exploding?

Unfortunately the British version of the F-35 is the actual F-35. We paid 2.5 bil towards its development costs

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

goatface posted:

Getting a dentist appointment is a right gently caress. When will all the old people die and free up our core NHS services?

At about the same time we all become 'the old people'

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I'm 38 where is my coffin and/or phylactery.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Ratjaculation posted:

whats in the firdge today?

i hope its some sweet delicious alcohol.

Mine has Victory^WTesco's economy gin, sweet vermouth, and rum.
No corn though.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bozza posted:

Bass drum bruv, that's me on the end with the big one.

Someone chopped you in half.
Are you under a patio now?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

ive always wanted to try a scotch egg but they dont exist in america

It is possible to construct your own!

Edit: In music class, I got to play the triangle. I was not good at music.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jose posted:

i took the day off work and spent the entire morning playing mgs5 now i'm drinking some beer

I am drinking wine like a classy person

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

why would you keep tinned sweetcorn in the fridge?
this is very problematic

I assume it is a tin that has been opened. Had its maidenhead taken, as it were. By five burly men.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

tessiebee posted:

Hi UK thread. Why do you all hate Birmingham, its great. Sea life centre is great. Ikon singing lift is great.

Balti houses are nice and I miss them. Unless they've gone to poo poo in the last 10 years or so I guess.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

What about people who post videos of 12 years olds twerking and then after they get called sick edit it out to be a mortal kombat video and then deny they ever posted it? Are they subhuman?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

it's getting cold. what cool stews etc should i plan for the next few meals

e: actually i'll start. parboil celeriac, bung it in an oven dish with dried apricots, browned lamb, peppers and onions and a pot of this. it's not what i'd call authentic but it's nice

French onion soup.
Chicken pot pie.
Apple cobbler.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

what about hotdogs

That is a lovely looking coney missing the two stripes of mustard and the onions

(where the 'Michigan' is the coney. I spent 10 years in Michigan. There is no non-coney Michigan hotdog. These guys are bad at hotdogs is what I am saying. Nearly as bad as us with our genius 'American-style jarred hotdog' atrocities)

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 8, 2015

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

the norway one looks like such a sad hotdog

I've also lived in Norway. It's not a tortilla (Mexican food not being a huge historic influence in Scandinavia amazingly enough), it's lompe and is a flatbread made from potatoes. You can get hotdogs wrapped in lompe with potato salad as a topping and it's actually pretty legit.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

corn in the fridge posted:

this thread could use a bit more bite, let's all get edgy and semi unironic with our insults to each other

But I love all of you

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

I did think about having some traditional British lunch to continue the theme but after my Marmite experience I'm not brave enough to try a "chip butty" anymore

That's more of a snack really. I'd recommend some nice warming Brain's faggots.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

Theres loads of walks around people just dont bother looking.

Plumbing on the outside of houses idk what you mean and seperate taps for hot and cold water is always a choice, we have both options in our house, kitchen has a single tap, bathroom has 2.

Not a choice for people who rent, and the whole two-taps thing is way more common here than other places. ALAB?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Kluliss posted:

Guess I should have clarified not British football, huh?

In the UK thread? Uh, possibly yeah.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tomorrow I am going to pretend it is still summer and cook out because I have a barbeque on my patio and just got some furniture to go with it.

I don't know what to make

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DrWrestling69 posted:

Everyone ITT knows hellbastard

who's hellbastard

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

freelop posted:

Dr Who in 15 minutes

I haven't used my TV as a TV in so long that something has gone corrupt in the set top box and it is saying my card isn't valid
Just installed Iplayer on the PS3 instead.

Death to conventional TV

About to watch Doctor Who live for the first time in ages and ages.
On Freeview

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Fluo posted:

free Ratjaculation

Buy one get one free

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

we are not all from manchester thankyou djf

A surprising number of people itt are. I spent 7 months or so living there myself, Levenshulme massive represent etc.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Vitamins posted:

this is a surprise with Sam smith singing it?

The man brews a mean pint though.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I'm going to make a meatloaf wellington tonight.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

im in an Oxford hotel; an hour ago I was in an Oxford club, on a Monday

kill

meeee

What brings you to my fair city?
(Sadly, we are not known for our nightlife)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Whorelord posted:

did you put your dick in a dead pigs mouth

It is possible to live in or near Oxford without sodomising pigs. Many of us go whole days without so much as a lustful glance at a pork chop.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

hey guys hey. i read the first page and then skipped to the last one but could you guys please use a lot more british words and slang? ive seen some "m8" and "chaps" but its not enough for me.

ill do some US slang now if you want

well tarnation ah ope i don get bucked offa mah horse and land in my spittoon. wouldn't wanna scuff mah cowboy hat or get mah apple pie dirty neither

We have apple pie too, you know.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NaDy posted:

other uk goons where are your favourite falafel places?

My kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

is the BSG game based on the 2000s series or the 1970s one? i imagine the former to be sort of naked cluedo b/c them robots were wild horny

If I recall it's based on one of the players secretly being a cylon, so it'd have to be the 2000s one.