Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Random 5am question time

Why does everything slap all of a sudden

This music slaps, this thing slaps all over the place

Where has it come from, I don't get it and it makes me feel old. Bloody kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jose posted:

The BBC one yeah. It just tells you when to run and when to walk and tricks you into stopping when really you're being told you have a minute left

I'm just about to start the final week.

Recently I've been tracking it on a watch too and even when it tells you to stop proper its about 30s too soon

If you keep running to get the actual time in Michael Johnson shouts at you to stop

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If you can do day 1 of week 6 you're pretty much set. Its just a token walk really and I think you'll be surprised how the switch to a long run at the end of the week isn't so bad

Which voice do you use?

e: actually I've just realised if you're on this week you've already done the 20 min run so this one will seem super easy

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 27, 2020

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jose posted:

been using jo whileys voice. going to give it a miss though because yeah i'm feeling pain that isn't jsut generic stiffness

I'm not sure I would want to run either if I had to listen to jo whiley

You could always just do the 10 mins and see how it feels, don't let jo tell you what to do.

Also switch to michael johnson

e: have a cat

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jun 27, 2020

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So if the roni doesn't exist like the taxi driver this morning told me, why do I have to wear this drat mask on the train

taxi driver for PM imo

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

weird hand size humblebrag there

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

First proper day back in work today, and some fucker has tightened the waist band on my work clothes over lockdown

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Neurophonic posted:

Monster Munch aren’t even crisps. They’re inflated pasta.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I am making bombay nuts like what her maj eats and the house is smelling hella spicy

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

The mess is the good bit, you just need to make sure you leave enough bagel for mopping up afterwards

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

DaWolfey posted:

Who's selling decent masks?

I got a pack from Elle back in Marchish which are fine, although they do appear to be made from the recycled gussets of ladies comfortable underwear.

As a glasses wearer, I am constantly in a state of frustrated fogginess with these masks, and no amount of pressing the top to my face stops it from happening and it's loving infuriating.

A combination of moving the mask further up your nose and your glasses slightly further down it seems to work for me

Though if I know I'm in for a busy one at work I stick contacts in

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

fridge corn posted:

No its because posters who are dependant on the forums for their own personal validation eventually drown out all other posters

I think I got tired of this thread the first time round due to the big taff show

Feels like its going that way again

Yes I realise no one cares about that

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

old creepy sex pest tim

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

You've still got enough time to get covid and then self isolate before visiting

Go lick some people in a care home or supermarket

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

hemale in pain posted:

Also I just want to say I don't believe a single thing 99 posts.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

https://twitter.com/robbeckettcomic/status/1340371851642613760

bants

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

wall:

(merry xmas this is your free 'im the x' photo of the festive season)

A tasteful wall carpet would probably help as a stopgap

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Merry Christmas goon people

This channel 4 fake queen is poo poo. All this stuff about how 'worrying' deep fake things are is rubbish. It maybe looks ok in a low resolution gif I guess ?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

as bad as the MT can be, the repeated coming back here to cry about it is even worse

They said something mean about me

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Just realised I forgot to clap, sorry for the impending collapse of all hero based industry

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

the problem with vegan cheese is that there's not much variety. There's stuff that you can melt on food, or slices you can stick on a burger or in a sandwich

They do the job of that pretty well but you wouldn't make a cheeseboard of them

I do miss real cheese(s)

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Natalie Fartman posted:

Bourbons are the worst biscuits and should be fired into the sun

Custard creams are much better (but still poo poo tier)

Clearly racist biscuit opinion

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

kecske posted:

that sea shanty thing doing the social media rounds is pretty cool, imo

its mostly making me want to play AC: Black Flag again

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

my wife is now into sea shanty tiktok and was surprised i was singing along to a bunch of them

mostly i had flashbacks to chasing those loving bits of paper

assassins creed games would be great to replay if you could choose to start new game plus with all of the collectables already collected, all the outposts unlocked

like if you start a new game and there are options like:

❎ main quest
✅ side quests
❎ unlockables
❎ map points

so you could choose what stuff you want to do

assassins creed origins is the best one, i have very fond memories of brotherhood but i suspect if i went back to replay it it would probably feel janky

I'm unable to play any open world games without collecting every tiny little thing. At least by black flag it was all marked on the map

I sometimes miss the older ones where you were an unstoppable chain killing murder machine but that mechanism did make it a bit silly at times

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 16, 2021

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You'd hate seeing me play open world games then, I don't care about collecting anything. It's one of the things I like about GTA V, even after seven years they are super conservative about sprinkling collectables around the map.

Gta V has the spaceship parts and letter scraps, also the submarine stuff. If anything its worse than AC for it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Oh god the pigeons

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Jose posted:

saw a guy driving a pretty new bmw as a deliveroo driver earlier and surely thats an insanely bad use of the car

There's a souped up MG that drives around here with a silly exhaust, spoiler, shopping list of parts stickered on the side etc.

Always makes me laugh seeing the big glowing dominoes logo plonked on the roof

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

second wisdom tooth out, i now officially have -1 on perception rolls

I have a bonus 5th one which explains why I'm so drat wisdomous

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ratjaculation posted:

Congrats on 100,000 team 🤜🤛

clapping needed every day imo

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Collateral posted:

I think it works differently to how you think it works. If you have lots of comfortable wisdom teeth you have less room for brains, so it was explained to me anyway.

no sorry ive definitely got lots more wisdoms because of it and won't hear otherwise

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I am drinking a beer right now and I'm going to retroactively say I'm drinking it in memoriam despite most of being drunk already

rip

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ratjaculation posted:

but because of this review

Finding reviews that change the most ingredients is a boredom hobby of mine. BBC good food is amazing for it

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Sorry for the potato quality, its an old screenshot. It was for sherried sardines on toast. They didn't even use the sherry vinegar

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Are there any Fitbit apps or whatever where you can change the measurement to food items? Like you didn't run 2.5km but 1.5 slices of cake

I can add a user made jobby to my garmin watch to show beers earned

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm fairly sure potatoes are essential for chips yes

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

CancerCakes posted:

Strain it and reuse, if you are just using it for chips it is good for a few uses

This gives you cancer sorry

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

how2makechips

Chop tatoes into chip shapes

Put into boiling water for 6 mins

Drain, stick back in pan and leave to steam dry for a bit

Slosh some oil on em and a scrunch of salt

Bung in tray in hot hot oven for 35 mins or so. Toss em half way

Having grown up in the 80s I know that using a chip pan will instantly burn your house down and kill your whole famil

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm impressed by your beyond the grave posting but you won't trick me spooky chip ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ewan posted:

isn't that just chip-shaped roast potatoes

Well try em and see, but if good chips are crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle then yes I guess so?