Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

My partner has been wfh and she pretty much gets all her work done by lunch then spends the rest of the day answering the odd email/call while watching youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Halfway through delivering 3 tonne of beer throughout london. One drop had 11 50L kegs. Wanna die

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

last time i watched spectre i was incredibly drunk and thought it was hard to follow because i was pissed, but i'm watching it sober at the moment too and i don't really know what's going on.

That's Thor 2 for me. I watched it drunk a couple times, then when I tried it sober it was still incomprehensible. I still have no idea what happens in it

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

eat all of that cheese

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I had a cheese toastie for lunch today. A fancy one I mean, I think it was 4 cheeses but I didn't ask, I just saw all the cheese and demanded it

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Fingerless Gloves posted:

i got a big bottle of hershey syrup from lidl for 2 dolla, i am very happy with this purchase

They had franks hot sauce for a quid last week its p deece

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

If I'm passing I will grab a takeaway pint or whatever but yeah I have no interest in all the hassle of that. I think quite a few places have a time limit on the table and I find it kinda difficult to enjoy a pub drink with a time limit hanging over me

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Went for a walk round hackney central/clapton and got a couple of takeaway pints. Everywhere we saw looked ok, lots of space. Places that didn't have an outdoor area were closed or only had a handful of people inside, granted it's still pretty early.

Exception being pub on the park in london fields which was heaving. There was a sign outside the cat and mutton saying hackney council have got an injunction on booze in the park due to litter, public urination and disturbance to residents

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Natalie Fartman posted:

look I spent 4 years in america and before that most of my friends were almost exclusively american. Thus I say things that both sides of the pond just go what the gently caress about and I've given up trying to conform

I now call trucks lorries, give distances in miles and think 'alright' is an acceptable greeting, but I will not accept flip flops. Jandals for life!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

kecske posted:

what does 's-tier' mean? I see people use it all the time to describe things.

It's a videogame thing, S tier is top rank for a lot of stuff. A being second. Idk why

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

You gotta wonder why they do that, like what's going on there. Hey I'm just gonna eat this fucken... wire

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I did geography in New Zealand which you would think was a constantly exciting mix of rainforest, glaciers and waterfalls but it's all just sand. I hate sand, it gets everywhere and it's so coarse

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Galewolf posted:

That being said, god, I want to get shitfaced in a concert venue shoulder to shoulder with sweaty people and dancing to Gogol Bordello and singing along but that's like a relatively far future from what it seems. :smith:

Nah you can go again from August 1st, boris said it's fine and if he said it you know it has been deeply considered.

Rather telling that at the latest presser hes stopped saying 'we are following the science', plus Patrick and Chris weren't there

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Nah but I did a solo run of walkers jalapeno cheese today

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Well I saw a double mask. Madman had 2 surgical masks, one over the mouth and one over the nose. It was wild

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Get Divinity Original Sin 2

Its heaps good. I like it so much i restarted when I realized I hosed everything up and was running into walls on driftwood.

If I play again ima go full combat mode tho the story is poo poo and I skip through most of the dialogue before checking the journal cos I missed something important

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

oh no computer posted:

weather for friday's looking good :getin:

Boy that sounds like a perfect day for driving round in a black van with no air con delivering kegs and bottles. Good thing that's what I'm doing

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Mature student sounds very assuming

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I'm driving down to Dungeness for a day trip on monday. I dunno what's there apart from an old lighthouse and lots of small rocks. Anyone got suggestions?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Shoreditch is back to pre lockdown levels of carnage

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Galewolf posted:

Is it? Boy, I miss that carnage but gonna skip it for a while. I mean, didn't they push the nightclub/indoor venues to mid August?

I heard Blues Kitchen is back with live music so maybe there are not that many "nightclubs".

Yeah they did say a thing about August but um everyone just seemed to do it anyway. Before folks judge I live here and I'm about 15 years too old for it

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

36 degrees on Friday, what the gently caress fiery sky bastard

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I drove to Dungeness. As promised, there were a lot of small rocks. Too many I'd say. There were quite a few people walking around taking pictures of Derek Jarman's old house despite a sign saying someone else lives there now and please respect their privacy. Got cod and chips and the cod was loving HUGE, like the size of my forearm. It was the first time I was impressed by fish and chips in this country. There was a tiny steam train which looked like a lot of fun but also looked like a covid breeding ground so we avoided it. The last thing we did was look at these big concrete concave domes that were for amplifying aircraft engines coming over the channel. They never really got used as radar detection came into play shortly after.

Overall it was just OK. My partner enjoyed it but then she didn't have to drive did she

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I worked there as a basement gremlin for a few months, packed orders of nuts for Buckingham palace, sent a lot of ice cream to the sultan of Brunei, a bunch of other famous names I cant really remember. Richard E Grant talked to all of us on my first day cos he was selling perfume or something. The layout and hierarchy of the place is extremely jg ballard high rise style

AMA and I'll try remember but most likely respond 'dunno' cos I was 3 levels below ground for the most part

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Haha fuuuuuck me, I just called up the eu settlement scheme resolution centre.

I applied back in February, got the letter with my case number etc and a timeframe of 5 days, a month at most. Takes longer if something is wrong, they need more info etc. So I call up, give my info and ask why its 6 months and I've heard nothing. I get told not to really pay much attention to those times (yknow, the times given on the gov.uk website) they're busy. Is there anything wrong with my application? More info needed? No, they just havent done it yet. They'll be in touch!

I thought it would be a doddle as I've had my biometric EEA card for a few years, still valid etc but nope. Shoulda known better really

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I'm in the black sweaty van again but I've done half my jobs already. Gave the run with the reload to the other driver cos I'm a prick

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Busted out the blender and made gin slushies

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

The gin slushies are going to my head but they're so coooooold

Help

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

the fridges at sainsburys have stopped working, due to the heat

it's kind of like how each time there's snow the entire nation grinds to a halt because we've never encountered it before. any time it's hot the fridges all die

I thought the fridges were gone at my sainsburys too but upon closer inspection they just closed the... fridge curtain? to better insulate the cold

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I got thai on the way. You know when theres 50% off on deliveroo and you think you're gonna eat on the cheap but in reality you just order loads of starters and end up with the same bill, did that

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Galewolf you should watch a show called Fortitude, plenty of friendly wasps there

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Galewolf posted:

Yeah, you can eat chorizo raw (it's smoked and cured). My favorite was to eat was salt and pepper cracker, slice of cheddar, slice of chorizo and halved cherry tomato stacked.

Yeh I do that sometimes, or serrano ham if I have that and not chorizo. The Lidl salt and pepper crackers are so drat good

Of course if you're bothering to cut cheese, chorizo and tomatoes you've gone to some effort so it has to be like 6 crackers. Just how it is I dont make the rules

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

The cheeky sunday pints always feel like you're playing by your own rules. Then monday happens

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

My partner orders clothes from tkmaxx from time to time and if she notices the parcel is coming from Hermes she just accepts that it wont be coming. I dunno how they're still in business

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

I would judge but I've done the UK-NZ flight a few times, always in economy and it's awful

Best thing you can do is get a layover somewhere that lets you out the airport

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

They're a joke for non disabled people too

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

poo poo cheese toasted sandwiches are the best. By poo poo cheese I mean the individually wrapped plastic ones

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Now that the weather is cooling down idk what's gonna happen to the pubs. Normally December is a huge boost for the industry but without office parties, tourism, people visiting family etc who knows.

Who am I kidding it will be full steam ahead. Anyone else notice that daily cases are approaching the lockdown levels but we don't really hear much. When was the last briefing?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Partner and I went to the Steve McQueen exhibition at the tate modern. It's the first time we've been inside a public space longer than 5 mins since lockdown but we were comfortable going as you had to book in advance, everyone in masks, numbers managed + large rooms so we never had trouble keeping well away from others.

It was bloody lovely, even just the experience of putting on tidy clothes and leaving the house with a plan that wasnt groceries. The work itself was cool too, would recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

crispix posted:

don't make fudge packing jokes in ukmt, i got in trouble for saying fart knocker which i learned is a homophobic slur :/

i hadn't really thought about it, i suppose

Good to know. My partner and I both frequently referred to ourselves as 'fresh off the boat' when arriving here until we very recently learned that the term was used insultingly to Irish