Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

See below- lovely phone cock up

Rondette fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Meanwhile in Glastonbury...

"Are you Glasto Covid you here spread visiting to catch or are to help it??"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Omfg apparently Farage was flown out to speak to the Overflow at Trump's absurd rally and got cancelled.

quote:

There was one good news story yesterday, it's a little bit complicated but, I assure you, you will enjoy it:
Donald Trump decided to hold a rally for his presidential campaign last night at a 19,000 seat stadium in Tulsa. Before the rally the Trump campaign had been bragging that a million people had reserved (but not paid for) tickets. They made people sign waivers absolving the Trump campaign of any responsibility if they got sick as a result of the rally, and they effectively banned people from wearing masks. They thought that the event would be so vast that they would need an outdoor overflow event, so booked a speaker to come and entertain the second crowd, the ones who would be unable to take their place inside the massive building.
So far, so bad.
But there was something going on behind the scenes which the Trump campaign had not accounted for: loving K-Pop fans again. Also TikTok teens.
The K-Pop fans and TikTok teens had reserved enormous, unholy amounts of tickets. In the end it looks like less than 9,000 Trump fans arrived to his rally, their hoarse cheers echoing around the empty stands as he burbled demented, racist nonsense.
And the cherry on top? The chef's kiss to compliment this train wreck? There was a prominent figure booked to speak to the crowd outdoors, a crowd that did not exist. His luck had been down lately, he had lost his job and had nothing to do, so had been flown thousands of miles to stand around an empty car park and despondently ponder his past glories.
That sad, pitiful figure's name?
Nigel Farage.
Good afternoon.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I am the mask maker....the orders seem to have dropped off a bit- I think because the shops are open now and loads and loads of them are selling masks. But mine.. all the money goes to a food bank and are made by me. So obviously better. Donate here https://localgiving.org/fundraising/sewingforfood/ and email me your address and how many you want.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The best and only James Bond theme you'll ever need is Adam Buxton's one and I'll fight anyone who disagrees (I'm terrible at fighting please don't hit me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAXVeKdrDOM

Also I can't post without mentioning :maskchat: - since the shops have reopened the orders have dropped off dramatically, I guess because everywhere is selling them now. I still have loads and loads ready to go so if you want one, it's all for a good cause etc etc

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/sewingforfood/

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I only knew of shakshuka from Hey Duggee and I have have just looked the recipe up and by God that sounds good

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Speaking of masks..today is the last day of my fundraising efforts on Localgiving. If you want to donate, here is the link.

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/sewingforfood/

I counted up the number of masks I've sewn for the last few months. 450ish!

Thanks to everyone here who ordered some, I have a few batches going out today. I hope you like them!

I will still be making them, just trying to figure out the best way to fundraise while getting a little bit for myself. That elastic soon adds up.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Natalie Fartman posted:

Your mask I ordered was beautiful, but my nose is too big and it squished it down. I gave it to my sister in law who has a much smaller nose and she loves it.

Have you thought about doing etsy/facebook and donating a percentage of the proceeds instead? like 20% to charity, the rest to you?

Ah, glad it found a good home! I have checked out Ebay, they are set up to donate to the same food bank and I can do a percentage cut there, so I'll set that up after a wee break!

I just realised that the day after my fundraiser ends, mandatory face masks come in. What a timely coincidence.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

One Swell Foop posted:

Rodent fights are the silver lining to the covid cloud

Thanks for my new FB Cover pic.

BTW, sorry to blather on about masks, but I have moved my operation onto eBay-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174360977244

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pistol_Pete posted:

I've put over 1,000 hours into Rimworld, which I feel vaguely guilty about : that's like 6 months playing it 8 hours a day for 5 days a week. I could have spent that time learning a language or something, I dunno.

I'm the same with The Binding of Isaac . I get into a ridiculous flow state with that game and I'm a little bit ashamed of it, but I look upon it as meditation now. Yep. That's it.

I just got Death Road 2 Canada which is good old fashioned pixelart zombie bashing with a dash of Oregon Trail.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

i dont really know what a skid is but I can do them in my 80hp smart car

One of the funniest moments of my life was doing donuts in my Smart car in a large, empty, snow covered car-park. I miss that dumb little car.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Anyone remember these? I think the different flavours were different categories. The answers were printed inside the packet. An excellent way to pass the time at the lunch table.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dunno about anyone else but we had the most banging lightshow of a thunderstorm last night. Never seen anything like.it. it woke my kid up so we ended up sitting and watching it for a bit together

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

we got lightning but no rain

If it makes you feel better we had epic rain but my idiot self forgot to close the car's door last night.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

It's surprising how many ways there are to spot people who didn't grow up on rough estates

Haha! It's more that we park our car round the back of our house which is not easy to get to if you don't know how to get to it. My kid has a habit of liking to sit in the car for a bit after we have gone out so I leave the door open for him. And I forgot to shut it. I think it will be ok but I felt like a right prick this morning.

In happier news i just got contacted by a PROPER magazine who want to run a fluff piece on all the money I've raised making face masks. Thanks to the good goons here who donated.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

We've got somebody in our town that has been going round spraying "infowar's.com" all over the place (THAT loving APOSTROPHE) and they have recently upgraded to this poo poo.

**sigh**

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

There are loads of them around, I saw that first one and this one today, my mates have seen others and they all have some amazingly bad spelling errors

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Omg this one

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Just grabbed a couple from the Town's fb page

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Each a treasure

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

Yes but we'll get to witness loser trump's implosion and that has potential to be not boring

I've been glued to the Trump Lol thread for weeks now ( https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3940821&pagenumber=1073&perpage=40 ) & he has already thanked the Supreme Court in advance for his win. Even if he loses the vote, his people are going to fight the dirtiest fight going. I'm simultaneously fascinated, terrified and bored of this poo poo all at the same time.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Just wanted to share this ridiculous seal that my kid spotted when we were looking for birthday presents and he has become lazer focused on getting for his present. It came yesterday and....That expression sums up 2020 perfectly imho.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It's a bit woo but I found this stuff called DMSO really helped my back when I grievously strained a back muscle trampolining. It's a bizarro by-product of paper making that is used to reduce muscle inflammation in horses but it hasn't been clinically tested on humans. It cleared it up to a level of relative comfort within a week after my visit to A&E. Apparently it's really good for arthritis too. One notable side-effect is it makes you smell a bit of garlic.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Same, like why does the first one have a flick knife?

Welcome to 2020 where flick-knife wielding seals rule the streets.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

older ladies and their great big handbags are a force to be reckoned with

She got a statue too!!

How is everyone feeling about Biden/Johnson non-relations? Part of me is lolling at how it's probably tanked all those nasty trade deals but the other part is a little worried about what it will mean for us.

Still, I am feeling good today. Along with the news of a possible vaccine, it's nice to have some news that is a relief.

I just realised that Trump was president for all of my child's life and now he is not. It really feels like part of the cloak of dread that has been smothering the world has been ripped away. Now if only we could gently caress Brexit off.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I tore a strip off a guy chucking a mini vodka bottle to the ground outside our house the other day. I told him to pick it up. He rolled his eyes and picked it up and started going on about how much litter there was around and I pointed out it was BECAUSE people like him chucked it around and made people care less about their environment. Only it wasn't as calm as that and probably a bit scarier. It was the day before lockdown and Trump looked like he was winning so I was also a bit stressed out about that.

But gently caress people who litter. I will always shout at them, especially now I am over 40 and give less of a poo poo about upsetting people.

Rondette fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 10, 2020

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I am hardcore addicted to Binding of Isaac and it has only gotten worse in lockdown. I got Hades on the PC which is a great game but Isaac cannot keep me away, it's like my zone-out, forget all the crap that is going on meditation time.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

We just watched a Netflix thing about the sport of Cheese-rolling and it was more than a little 'This Country'. That is to say it was good.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Collateral posted:

I don't know either, she got very shrill when I suggested having my pay paid into my current account instead of the joint account. "Your money, is it?"

The grand is probably going to be spent on our children's Christmas. This is what 25 years of happy marriage looks like I guess.

What if your kids want a ps5

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

We had already made the choice to stay at home just last week, so we've been through all that sad part, and I feel a bit vindicated for calling it if I am going to be honest.

Anyway stuck this up in our window today. Same to you guys.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

What show should I binge over Christmas?

Were2 episodes into Future Man, it's good bawdy goofy computer game & time travel related flim-flam.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Unf. Christmas fun for everyone!

BBC News - Covid-19: Boris Johnson to chair emergency meeting amid travel bans
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55391289

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I feel there's a rant here and I want to learn more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKLovtnbGY

This guy does an entertaining job of explaining their evil.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

It's just like the beforetimes.

They just played 'Baby it's Cold Outside' on 6music and it reminded me that at least 2020 distracted everyone from griping about that dumb old tune. Also it was Sharon Van Etten and Rufus Wainwright singing so that made the context a bit odd.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

For me the true meaning of Christmas was finding out what a playmobil person's skull looks like.

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

this is not me. he is too young

e: also he is a seal

My kid has a bigger version of that seal, it's amazing. I got a painting by an AI and a sewing machine for my Christmas

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Earlier in the year I posted some pics of a knobhead going round spraying dumb Covid poo poo on the walls. They are back!!!

This one was near me. Someone fixed it.

My favourite is always going to be 'Say no to Ma' though.

Rondette fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ratjaculation posted:

Is a houx a non-cis house?

I thought it was a French sauce